Re: I have bad feeling about future success of this game... :-(

Okay thanks guys.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

-nerf of alpha deposits,
-nerf of low level NIC income.
-industrial bots radar visibilty

and what i wrote in the other topic about economy

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Asimov wrote:

Isn't it more fun to have your own turf on a beta island and be ready to defend it from attackers, it is a PvP game after all ? The reason many corps are on Alpha or join a blob alliance in the first place is because the lack of more beta islands ? If indeed there wil be 3 more beta island added to the game, why add more Alpha islands, see my point ? Better add 6 new beta island and there will be NIC and resources for everyone. And there will be more blood yarr

it was initially my impression that this game was a sandbox - but you're right - it is a PVP game - at least from what i've seen of the developer focus and the constant nerfing of alpha

and i'm one carebear that didn't mind so much the "dangerous" roamers even when they really interfered with my plans for the evening - but, when they happen to show up near where i can switch characters and destroy them there is nothing worth while to be had from the loot - turns out they are both annoying and pointless

2 accounts are going silent at the end of the month - the third will stay subbed to keep EP gain in the hope of a better tomorrow

Yeah eve did have somewhat a healthy attractive empire for people to use. Of course I was sick of it after awhile, but this was something that attracted a healthy base for which the population could spread from into 0.0.

Given the recent post it seems almost a clear cut voice is shouting for better alpha facilities to encourage a better player base.

While I did meet many pirates/0.0 goers in eve, I must say I met a very interesting bunch of empire people.

This game is going to die. Bye.

Everything dies eventually. I am having fun and enjoying the steady additions and improvements they're doing. Some changes I haven't liked as no one can. This is not a "I Win" game for the twitchers.. it's a mature gamers field to be able to see the potential not whats in your face right now. If you want instant gratification from everything you do then this is probably not for you. If you can see past your next cheeseburger then you may enjoy the long term scenario that Perp will be.

Need help in-game? It's there to be had.

Arga wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Which patch pissed people off? What elements of the patch pissed people off the most?

I guess I could search the forums. But my guess would be the new commodity needed for t2 - t4 items?

It wasn't just 1 patch that pissed off the carebears, it was the cummulative patches and the apparent lack of interest the dev's showed to the requests and comments of the non-pvp community.

That's not to say that the changes made for the PVP side were not needed, but even to this point we have not seen anything to enhance non-pvp play styles; this MAY change with the next patch, but we have yet to see how its actually implemented. It looks however as the geocaching is going to require combat support, even on alpha, but I'll hold judgement until I see it.

One particular point, that shows the general attitude, is containers. With the major nerfing of mine nodes, there is much less ore to be had per area than previously. The mining community made a very reasonable request to have the range of the containers slightly increased, or even the addition of a more expensive container with extended range. The player response was basically quite whining and deal with the change and nothing was said by the dev's.

That is just one example, and maybe I am wrong in this, but I can't think of even ONE thing positive thing that is PVE/Industry related to be changed.

So yes, people got pissed at being ignored and assumed, maybe even correctly, that this wasn't the game for them and left. If the game doesn't need carebear types than they can be ignored, if it wants or needs them, there concernes must have equal weight.

TL'DR; Shut up, mine, and like it; so I can go have fun blowing bots up.

And yet just a little later they make cans 100M range for us, add new bots new mobs new searchable loot etc. Wow! TY DEVS for listening to the players and responding so fast.

Dora wrote:

This game is going to die. Bye.

Yes its true.
Dev think only at the alliance on beta island.not at the player.

Toku wrote:

And yet just a little later they make cans 100M range for us, add new bots new mobs new searchable loot etc. Wow! TY DEVS for listening to the players and responding so fast.

The 100m thing is great, but they could have done that weeks ago when it was first suggested, it didn't need to wait for a content release; so props for doing it, but not for a fast response.

That aside, I didn't think artifact hunting would be anything special, but it has actually revitalized my game play; not just going after the caches. I've been able to put a few pieces onto my Mech that I wouldn't normally have bought, which I then went out and played with. Took down an Observer, because they are being spawned by other people opening cache's.

I have even been buying and selling more stuff on the market since the patch. So, at least for me, it worked to get me back 'into' playing. I even picked up a CT and it has me looking at maybe going mining for the bulk of what I need to make 1 run, even if its a long process.

Gremrod wrote:

Which patch pissed people off? What elements of the patch pissed people off the most?
But my guess would be the new commodity needed for t2 - t4 items?

Not sure about T2-T3, but addition of some new rare grass to T4 items made me to cancel my production account, witch I played most instantly. Mining account wend same way, of course.

I was playing solo (multi account) crafter in some fun-to-craft games. Was doing well in PO too. But when T4 stuff becomes much harder to make, it become too much trouble.

Dixi We wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

But my guess would be the new commodity needed for t2 - t4 items?

Not sure about T2-T3, but addition of some new rare grass to T4 items made me to cancel my production account, witch I played most instantly. Mining account wend same way, of course.

I was playing solo (multi account) crafter in some fun-to-craft games. Was doing well in PO too. But when T4 stuff becomes much harder to make, it become too much trouble.

You played a solo crafter.

The mere fact you were able to produce T4 easily 2-3 months after release is the reason why the "grass" was added, because the game was becoming "T4 or get the *** out".

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

You're saying that it isnt that way now? Some of the corps that havent lived as long on beta, or haven't had as large a player base have real trouble now in competing with others in pvp. ROME, DOY, Blood, DEAPr, specificly. The past few times i've roamed out there we've killed gobs of those guys. Some of it may have been related to skills (both actual player skill and experience, and ingame extensions), but I think a large part of it is the way they're fitting their bots. I haven't seen much teir gear from them, even t2 stuff. Not saying they don't have it, but just that they haven't been fitting it on their bots, and we've been killing them alot.

Shoutout to nicinator who lost 7 bots the other night, we had some good fights with you and I lol'd when cookie monsta ran away as we killed Rolphonyl and jackie chan before turning on your kain.

You still need t4 to be competitive in any real sense, without a distinct numbers advantage. 10 t1 lights bots will almost always beat a t4 fitted mech.

Smokeyii wrote:

You're saying that it isnt that way now? Some of the corps that havent lived as long on beta, or haven't had as large a player base have real trouble now in competing with others in pvp. ROME, DOY, Blood, DEAPr, specificly. The past few times i've roamed out there we've killed gobs of those guys. Some of it may have been related to skills (both actual player skill and experience, and ingame extensions), but I think a large part of it is the way they're fitting their bots. I haven't seen much teir gear from them, even t2 stuff. Not saying they don't have it, but just that they haven't been fitting it on their bots, and we've been killing them alot.

Shoutout to nicinator who lost 7 bots the other night, we had some good fights with you and I lol'd when cookie monsta ran away as we killed Rolphonyl and jackie chan before turning on your kain.

You still need t4 to be competitive in any real sense, without a distinct numbers advantage. 10 t1 lights bots will almost always beat a t4 fitted mech.

The real problem is smokey, you lot completely stopped showing up in PVP in any shape or form during EU prime time.

I'd love to be able to say my corp has killed gobs of RG & 62nd; but we simply havent. The last time we saw RG was when you brought 20-30 T1 light bots to KKO, and the last time we saw 62nd was well.. About the same time as when Vaelan Gar gave up on lolpiratery and left the game.

But its ok... we take it as a compliment. wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Yeah, our online times haven't matched up for any fun fights with you guys lately. That fight when we were in lights was pretty fun. I think I got your termis kill, but remember you died in a kain in the beginning. F-navy were passing thru and we went with them. I'm from the States though and have had less time to play the past month or so though.

But this wasn't aimed at you, but more to the corps that we have had fights with. We've been killing them with less players. I think it's somewhat of a combination of reasons why (player skill and/or experience and extensions) but I also think that a big part of the reason is we're fitting better then them. That was the point I was trying to make about T4 gear being still so important to fit.

The addition of noralgis for t4 made it justifily more expensive for you to fit t4. It gives t3 a better position, as someone may decide to fit a few peices of t3 on their bots when they're pvping in place of t4 simply for the cost savings.

It's also one of the reasons why I feel the minerals everywhere should be unnerfed.

Lack of T4 isn't the sole reason someone would lose a fight, it's not going to tip the balance that much. Player experiance and skill make a huge difference in this game which is one of the best things it has over Eve.

When you guys come here, most of you fit T1 and some T2. Sometimes the occasional T3 frame will show up from time to time. So the guys you typically get fights with only need T1/T2 to fit equal to your roamers. No doubt you would rather those lone miners or lone inexperianced combat bots fit T4.

People need to play smarter not harder.

Once during World War II, an engineer was brought in to help armor planes.  He was given data about all the planes they had recovered, and where the worst of the damage was.  After some analysis, he discovered that all of the planes were damaged in the same places.  He advised against adding armor to these places however.  When asked why, he said, these are the planes that came back; the ones that didn't were likely damaged in the areas these were not, and so that is where you should put the additional armor.

Perhaps assuming everyone has T1 based only on seeing those who die is similar?

Tactics, organization can win, without needing t4 gear. We hardly use it, and we have a ton of fun. smile

Not a bad point Ral, except that they all die, only the occasional one manages to leave their friends behind and save themselves.

I'm not blaming anyone who coming to roam with t1/t2 gear, I wouldn't want to risk expensive stuff and lose it on a regular basis ethier. I'm just pointing out that you obviously don't need T4 gear to come roam. Specially at 3 am when very few are around.

144 (edited by Dixi We 2011-04-29 01:00:55)

Original subject was about PO becoming less player friendly, and account cancelation as a result. Not about "roaming" and pvp fits.
I don't play much now, but I'm still upset that the game went such way in development. Since it had good potential as more "visual friendly" game in comparsion to EVE. It also had a lot of place for innovations and changes, but those went, some not so player friendly way.

I was speaking about T4, as a clear example, because as a crafter I had a feeling, that I was "robbed". I was able to make some good things, and after patch came, it become almost impossible. I think "flower lovers" had almost same impression about maximum size cutdown to 12 for organic on alpha islands.

I do believe the upcoming release is a good step towards bringing new players back to the game. However I keep some reserve as to how it will turn out in the day to day reality of the game. Some of those new features have the potential to help the noobs make it farther along in the game:

Highways should go a long way towards helping noobie mission runners. Cutting transit time makes for an overall less "grindy" experience plus it allows them to cut down on the light frames for the sake of travelling in favor of better tank modules thereby allowing them a better chance of surviving the their first missions.

Not sure how the "titan exchange market" is gona turn out but it certainly is full of good intentions... time shall tell.

The new game guides... meh. If they didnt read up on the existing tutorials I doubt adding a couple of links and popups should change anything to that... I may be wrong.

146 (edited by Klampe 2011-04-29 16:26:54)

Been in game for about a month. Itts hell of a lot better than many other games that havent died and still going strong. Bit worried about the lack of marketing though. They could use a campaign aimed at 20+ age.

Cullyn wrote:

In fact I agree, there are important changes to economy necessary to avoid having everybody using end-game equipp after few weeks.

Problem is, a) the "Old" corps allready have full stocks, so they don't care much about that change for the next weeks
b) that a gang of T4 equipped PvPler rules and therefore "new" players will never have a chance to come to a point where they can compete with equippment.
A 5-man Corp gets no chance to mine epitron and therefore has no reasonable access to the bots necessary to compete. Especially since the modification on EW-Mech neding Epitron and T4 equip needing Noralgis. This means the new player are forced to work as "slaves" for the old and established corps on beta for a long time to be on a compareable equipment level which would allow them to participate in PvP on a reasonable base.

To get this corrected you should not start with reducing access to T4 equip, but reduce effectiveness of the available equipment and introduce new  equippment which is really rare, so the gap between new corps and old corps closes instead of growing any further.

It is not good for the game if a player after 2 months has still no chance participating in the most part of the game without beeing either full member of an old corp or participate as silly target.

Post is 2 1/2 months old (slightly older than my main) and still true. QFT +1

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

lol i could swear someone in this tread said  Perpetuum is Eve`s greatest competitor  i think that maybe the wrong way around tbh ...
EVE has been around 8 years i dout this game will be around  for  half that .......
maybe a2 years if they are lucky i hope im wrong game has some cool stuff but its lacking content in major places i was in beta and come back to the game now its released and for a new player i see lack of content .
when i started the  trial  the limits they put on it are  there for a reason yes but some of them are silly and  yea i did pay to play for 3 months so the limits was lifted but i still feel there is alack of content when you first play .

bladvin wrote:

**Snip** Lack of content **Snip**

I agree that new players are thrown into the world which is pretty much a sink of swim moment and there lacks a storyline, even a short one. It would be nice to see the fluff and tutorial linked together to get people up to speed on what to expect and not expect.
I do like the complete openness of later play but at the start I think joining and instantly being told "You can't do anything alone." is off putting to new players. (Which isn't necessarily true in all cases but most)

The Game

Alexander wrote:
bladvin wrote:

**Snip** Lack of content **Snip**

I agree that new players are thrown into the world which is pretty much a sink of swim moment and there lacks a storyline, even a short one. It would be nice to see the fluff and tutorial linked together to get people up to speed on what to expect and not expect.
I do like the complete openness of later play but at the start I think joining and instantly being told "You can't do anything alone." is off putting to new players. (Which isn't necessarily true in all cases but most)

No, its not true. I've never been in any corps, and I'm doing just fine. I'm up to mech level(missile, EM, and industrial), and I'll eventually have enough to afford a heavy. Though what I'll do with it remains to be seen. ^^  There is a lot to do solo/PvE if one is interested in such things. PvP?... Not so much.  The PvP in this game is what would really require a good corp. Other wise, replacing gear would be nasty.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.