1 (edited by Mouse Tiger 2011-05-11 19:30:54)

Topic: Medium Plates on Light NPCs

I scanned some 3rd star Cremator Light NPCs that I was having trouble with and found that they had a medium armour plate. I presume this should be a light plate. Their fitting used far too much reactor to be a player fit.

When I kill them they drop light plates

Re: Medium Plates on Light NPCs

I think there was a discusion about putting med plates on an Arhkie a while back in general chat, and with the proper extensions it was possible. Not that NPC's have to follow the same rules, since they don't have accumulators they probably don't have reactors either. They should however be slow.

no, every npc fit is actually possible as player too with the right extensions

AFAIK i never had a problem fitting a medium armor plate on my assault.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I've often used that fit on my arbalest smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

And when you die do you drop a light plate?

The dropping a light plate part could be a bug, true.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

It could also be a bug that a chasy scanner displays the bot as having a medium plate while it actually has a light plate. That has happened before.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

med plates on light bots and arkhes were born in beta so it's an old idea.
actually U can put 2 med plates on arkhe (also on assault) and one on light bot if I remeber correctly smile

Arga wrote:

I think there was a discusion about putting med plates on an Arhkie a while back in general chat, and with the proper extensions it was possible. Not that NPC's have to follow the same rules, since they don't have accumulators they probably don't have reactors either. They should however be slow.

You can fit 2 Med Armore Plates on an Arkhe. You get something around 3500 to 4000 Armore out of that.

10 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-12 16:44:09)

please - the keep on topic:

Bug is one of those two:

• cremators should not be equipped with medium plates, at least not the 3rd star or lower, because they drop only small plates

• cremators loot-table is incorrect because a scan shows medium armorplate, but they only drop smalls.

DEVs - which one is the bug?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Cullyn 2011-05-14 09:56:07)

If we're in this topic I just want to ask if it is really a bug, if NPCs drop other equipment than they use. In that case I could report more bugs, but considered that up to now as feature to keep several items "rare loot"

It's a bug that Cremators had medium plates equipped, since the other 2 assaults have lights too, so this will be fixed.

And yes, loot tables are completely independent of robot equipment, and they differ intentionally sometimes.

Fixed, Cremators are sporting now light plates too.