Topic: Miner Status Graphics

One of my miners keeps losing its graphic...the little grey progress bar that goes left to right.  It is still mining, but there is no graphic on it.

The laser itself still shows.

Re: Miner Status Graphics

Same problem detected

+1

Yeah same problem here.

Former CEO of X-23

This has happened before so it might be related and be a returning bug.
Can we get this noted plox Devs?

The Game

Same here! +1

RIP PERPETUUM

The 'bug' has always been there, tho a bit more prominent than before after this Expansion. Oh, and it can effect all modules not just MMs smile

If anyone can consistently reproduce this, I'm all ears, cause I can't smile

In window mode, if I tab out, and Perpetuum is not the focus window, this will happen to me too. Even when I then make Perp the focus, the graphic doesn't cycle as well as occasionally the red lasers will also disappear. Stop/starting the laser works to get bot graphics back.

But it doesn't happen everytime, although it could be related to the amount of time spent tabbed. Oh, and the Perp window needs to be visible behind the smaller active window. For example, reading the forums while you mine, but keeping your eye on the cycles and landmark window.

I also had that happen with 2 screens, one client on each. I think it's connected with very fast cycle time.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

11 (edited by Kazimir Casus 2011-05-12 11:20:23)

DEV Zoom wrote:

After completing the cycle, the progress bar on the module (miner or harvester) to stop appearing.
Most commonly occurs after reloading (miner or harvester) charges, and the module continues to work because the field (or plant) is not exhausted.
It does not happen with all the modules, but only with some (randomly).
It looks as if the module is disabled, but counter charge be reduced after each cycle.
It's confusing because you do not know whether the module is on or off.
The problem disappears after I click on the module. But when I clicked on the module, I shut it, so I have to re-start.

Kazimir Casus wrote:

It looks as if the module is disabled, but counter charge be reduced after each cycle.

You mean the status light is grey too? Or is that still blue, cause that indicates that it's activated.

When the previous cycle is complete, it should appear a new progress bar (gray). But there is no new progress bar. The module looks like it was never launched. No change in him is not visible. If you wait to pass some time (one cycle), I see to reduce the number of charges in the module. And after that, the module looks like it is off.

The left vertical bar is still blue, it is only the animated graphic that stops.

Recently since the patch, I'm getting a mining laser graphic bug, whats basically happening is the little light blueish progress bar that shows when your about to cycle isnt actually showing up, I watched it for abit kinda looks like the mining laser isnt working but it is as the ammo amount is going down as it continues to work, its just the progress bar not there.

Just thought I'd drop this little gem off for ya's to work on. o/

They already know if it, but reminding it is not a bad idea lol.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Yep, I see this a decent amount when I am mining.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

DEV Zoom wrote:

just set up mining sequer for few hours and you should see that smile

same bug appears on launchers too

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

Uploading a video now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qdFMS43tiQ

21 (edited by Vehacan 2011-07-25 20:05:22)

+1 It occurs more often when I have 4 active mining modules. It also happens to the medium miner module (for I use a mixed set up) more often. It seems to me this is instigated when the module desynchronizes (something is wrong with the timer cycle it does not stay the same), i.e. after the start of a new timer cycle and ending the old one (maybe a new one starts before the old one has ended??). Just my observation, I hope this helps. big_smile

Edit:
The standard small and medium miner module stops with the grey progress bar soon after reloading but not always, this occurs to the medium miner definitely more often for me.

Has it happened since? Any confirmation?

I havn't seen this in a long time.

I still get this often aswell, i also still get the sound of a tree falling or a sound like glass shattering when i exit the terminls, which i thought had been fixed a while ago.

I also still get this bug. "the blue progress bar not moving while miner turned on" though it sees a bit less often now.