1 (edited by Uncle Mo 2011-05-11 06:55:28)

Topic: Event numerals.

Could we please change the color of the font to green under the EVENTS tab for all NIC gained.  Red for NIC spent. Currently these numbers are yellow or gold and located inside the parentheses.

Also could we please add commas (or decimals) to the thousandth, hundred-thousandth, and hundred-millionth numeric places for easier reading.

Thanks

Re: Event numerals.

I agree that the events system could do with a few tweaks. Increases should still be yellow but decreases should be red. Rather than + and - before each number. And please do add the option to allow formatting the numbers to either 100,000,000 or 100.000.000 (I'd prefer comma as that's the standard in the UK and US but I don't know what the global agreed standard is.

The Game

Completely agree. Also, it would be nice if it could specify which item has been sold on the market rather than just showing the NIC change.

I would suggest adding spaces instead of commas or decimals, since that would avoid both Euros and Brits/Americans getting confused over a different convention. I think they have already done this in some parts of the game.

e.g.
100 000
1 000 000
etc

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Campana wrote:

I would suggest adding spaces instead of commas or decimals, since that would avoid both Euros and Brits/Americans getting confused over a different convention. I think they have already done this in some parts of the game.

e.g.
100 000
1 000 000
etc

I like that.

Uncle Mo wrote:
Campana wrote:

e.g.
100 000
1 000 000
etc

I like that.

I like that too.
Girls always have the right ideas. I guess it's all the bills they have to pay with their new independence and the ability to vote. Next they'll want to grow a male appendage. *Tuts*

The Game

no comment, as I like to keep my male appendage just where it is

Also DEVs.  Let's consider eliminating the 'New Balance' amount altogether.  Our NIC balances are on display already in the upper left hand corner.