Topic: Energy drainers and NPCs

Is it a bug that I can no longer energy drain an NPC or was this an intentional change that I missed somewhere?  Looked through the patch notes and other forum posts and I don't see anything about it.  Sure, it's not game breaking but it did add a boost when I was NPC hunting and the item text certainly doesn't give me the impression that this has been turned into a pvp only module.

Re: Energy drainers and NPCs

Drainers no longer effect NPC's just like any support equipment. I guess it's because they're immune to enemy warfare or something.

Either way draining NPC's should work but it hasn't since the expansion. I don't believe it's a feature as it shouldn't want any sense. I believe it was meant to be a warning and then work anyway butt the warning cancels the action.

The Game

Before patch you could use the drainers on enemy npc's it has no effect on their Accumulator but it did give you the energy back... worked great with a shield Troier for artifact hunting. Apparently not anymore.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

4 (edited by Codrus 2011-05-10 14:43:37)

Shouldn't be any reason why this doesn't work anymore.  I think anyone that used these on Alpha realized they weren't going to sap an NPC completely.  It was helpful maintaining energy levels sometimes or for shielded bots though. . .

This is a victim of some optimizations and shouldn't have worked in the first place since NPCs do not have any accumulator. It was disabled by force because you would only drain 0 AP anyway.

Trying to push it through to get it back, but even if I succeed it will be a dirty hack.

NPCs do not have any accumulator.

Man, NPCs have all the fun.  What I wouldn't give to not need power.

works again