1 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-09 00:21:40)

Topic: Fight blobs? i say fight the alliances!

There is a simple way to get rid of the Blob issue, we just need a way to stop the mega alliances forming up.

1. The easyest way to do this is to make Outpost Facilitys useble for only the outpost owners.

That will split the mega alliances up and force the other corporations to get there own beta islands to be able to produce Modules, mechs etc.

Current islands have  2 or 3 diffrent outposts, and to add this funktion there is nothing for an additional corp to gain by joining an beta alliance if thay dont own the Op. that can limit the amount of corporations on a beta island.

2. Add a alliance interface with a corporation limit ( maximum maybe "4" corporations ) for each island or something.

Please Add more good examples to fight the big Alliances.

Re: Fight blobs? i say fight the alliances!

This is very ironic that you would post this only after you get defeated by a larger force....

(In last nights case CIR from what I understand)

Oh and a better idea is to just take the sandbox aspect out of the game, corporations too.

That way its just a massive free for all smile

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

Please Add more good examples to fight the big Alliances.

Well it can't be anything that forces people to do something they don't wonna do.
For example:
1. The easiest way to do this is to make Outpost Facilitys useble for only the outpost owners.
2. Add a alliance interface with a corporation limit ( maximum maybe "4" corporations ) for each island or something.

The above would be a very limiting thing for a sandbox.

I would suggest smart leadership with clear goals in mind, for now smile

I disagree with the OP. Of course, I disagree with the whole blob thing too. If I brought more friends to the fight then you, then that was your fault for not having more friends. I've never complained when we got outnumbered.  It's simply a matter of the human condition.

If they eliminated you being able to bring more to a fight, you'd complain that the people you were fighting had better gear then you. If they eliminated the gear you'd complain that they beat you by being able to use the terrain better then you. So they'd get rid of the terrain... then you'd *** cause there was no terrain.

Any time you have something of perceived value, the people wanting to protect it will generally use whatever is avalible to them to protect it. More people are joining the game, and all of the beta corps have been clamoring to pick up as many as they can. I wish the community would be pushing for more and bigger fights, not crying everytime they get beat by someone with more. I can't wait for the 150v150 hour long mega slugfest battles with each side fielding 100+ heavies.

I agree 100% Smokeyii. Large battles with lots of heavies will be very cool. Yarren I hear what your saying, but would have to disagree. Lots of smaller groups cannot make it on their own on beta, but do not want to be an alpha corp. The options available to them are to form alliances and try to grow, or have another corp steal all their pvp players. This leaves the others to either parish, go to alpha, or quit the game. This is not a good resolution. Some corps who are allies on all sides will eventually recruit enough to grow and spark out on their own. That is how I see it anyway.

I propose, limit corp members by 4. Bring back the insurance fraud for all players. Have intel chats visible to all and to automatically have mechs turn pink, if they are in groups bigger than 2. I am confident that this would successfully fight the blob mechanism.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Merkle wrote:

This is very ironic that you would post this only after you get defeated by a larger force....

Your understanding of irony is lacking.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Talking about blobs in a multiplayer game is irony in itself. People playing together - gee, who woulda thought...

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Merkle wrote:

"bs"

Obviusly you Fail see the big picture. Sandbox games are all players in same game world not same corporation. understand ?... doh..

Smokeyii wrote:

I've never complained when we got outnumbered.  :stuf:
I can't wait for the 150v150 hour long mega slugfest battles with each side fielding 100+ heavies.

well i call that a braindead mess... oh yeah Gz thats a blob big_smile
What you fail to see is that if 150man fielded for intrution there is 150man fielded for defence squad. good luck with your roaming smokey. i know you have a hard time not dying now, how will it be then.

MoBIoS wrote:

I propose, limit corp members by 4. Bring back the insurance fraud for all players. Have intel chats visible to all and to automatically have mechs turn pink, if they are in groups bigger than 2. I am confident that this would successfully fight the blob mechanism.

I whould like my Gropho Pink on thursdays. you got much to lern Mobios, maybe i drop by on Ts some day talk some sens intoyou.

Hoefish wrote:

Yarren I hear what your saying, but would have to disagree. Lots of smaller groups cannot make it on their own on beta, but do not want to be an alpha corp. The options available to them are to form alliances and try to grow, or have another corp steal all their pvp players. This leaves the others to either parish,

I have a guestion to you Mr.CIR, Do you really think that people are better in a Super alliance, then reducing the numbers of corps in Each alliance and creat more of them in this stage of the game ?. i say i think the game need new alliances.. more alliances. not bigger.

10 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-09 10:42:27)

Syndic wrote:

Talking about blobs in a multiplayer game is irony in itself. People playing together - gee, who woulda thought...

Say the man holding the biggest alliance in the game, and just keep growing. " please dont take my pets away then im difensless " Jeeez.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Say the man holding the biggest alliance in the game, and just keep growing. " please dont take my pets away then im difensless " Jeeez.

Biggest alliance? Norhoop + RG + 62nd + Brotherhood is the biggest mega-alliance in the game. There's maybe 300-400 accounts in our Soviet Novastrov alliance.

What about when 15-20 man roaming blob finding 1 lonely miner and blobbing him? 2-3 man farming group being blobbed by 10 man roam blob?

CIR Complaint Form

12 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-05-09 11:26:52)

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:

I whould like my Gropho Pink on thursdays. you got much to lern Mobios, maybe i drop by on Ts some day talk some sens intoyou.

Be rest assured, that I am trying to keep sense as far as possible out of my mind. But I have given up on my former goals, to be able to compete with the great mindless void, M2S is providing to us.

Nevertheless, I will only be to happy, to welcome you on our TS for a little chatby. I do understand your sentimental need to freely share your thoughts, with all the supression you must be experiencing within M2S.

I am sure, If you feel the need to break free from M2S, we can find you a save little corp, within the perpetuum witness programm. Don´t give up on yourself, being braindead is curable. We have many studies to proove it.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

Syndic wrote:
Yarren Rakarth wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Biggest alliance? Norhoop + RG + 62nd + Brotherhood is the biggest mega-alliance in the game. There's maybe 300-400 accounts in our Soviet Novastrov alliance.

What about when 15-20 man roaming blob finding 1 lonely miner and blobbing him? 2-3 man farming group being blobbed by 10 man roam blob?

I wonder... how does it feel like being 'accused' of blobbing in every game you play? big_smile

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

Obviusly you Fail see the big picture. Sandbox games are all players in same game world not same corporation. understand ?... doh..

Hm I see the big picture.

All M2S wants is to be the big boys on the block...and no one else.

Cir starts moving ahead and your trying any means to take there alliance out.

Have fun smile

I will get my popcorn ready

Syndic wrote:

that is small numbers compair to what are fielded today on the defence and intrutions, imho a 10 man or a 20 man group is not a blob. a blob is to me when there is no chanse for the opposit to field in combat.
And its official that the devs are fighting the blobs. so.. if your going to do the: thay are bigger then use so we need more becouse thay do.. well grow up.

Merkle wrote:

Hm I see the big picture.

All M2S wants is to be the big boys on the block...and no one else.

Cir starts moving ahead and your trying any means to take there alliance out.

Have fun

I will get my popcorn ready

No you really dont 1st you think im speaking for m2s when i say this. /facepalm americans.
im speaking only for myself. and what i think of the game. btw still on alpha ? lol
And intruder and Agy were asking us for help ...  lol

MoBIuS wrote:

Stuf

sad, i do acciualy have your new teamspeak info smile I do understand your sentimental need to freely share your thoughts? dont have that simply try to get corps out and make something on there own, but well i guess thay are to afraid to work hard for something own smile i accualy was the guy that tould you how to get hoop together again when RG and Joke left. Think hard and you will remember it.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
MoBIuS wrote:

Stuf

sad, i do acciualy have your new teamspeak info smile I do understand your sentimental need to freely share your thoughts? dont have that simply try to get corps out and make something on there own, but well i guess thay are to afraid to work hard for something own smile i accualy was the guy that tould you how to get hoop together again when RG and Joke left. Think hard and you will remember it.

Dude, you are seriously in need of some grammar, if you want to make yourself understood. Google translate gave up on you.  But no worries, we know you are being kept dumb and far from sources of education by your glorious Leaders of M2S. Dumb kept peasants are so much less of a threat to the establishment.

My offer to help, still stands. Don´t give up on yourself.

#Bad Robot

PS: You were the guy on our teamspeak? Man, now I know why I didn´t understand a word you said.

#Bad Robot

Bananfluga wrote:

I wonder... how does it feel like being 'accused' of blobbing in every game you play? big_smile

Think we even got accused of blobbing when we were playing Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and that was a 6 versus 6 FPS... lol

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

that is small numbers compair to what are fielded today on the defence and intrutions, imho a 10 man or a 20 man group is not a blob. a blob is to me when there is no chanse for the opposit to field in combat.
And its official that the devs are fighting the blobs. so.. if your going to do the: thay are bigger then use so we need more becouse thay do.. well grow up.

How is running 10 guys into 50 guys any different from running 20 guys into 1 miner/farmer? Does the miner/farmer have a chance to do anything in combat besides die?

That is very hypocritical. I never complain when I get blobbed when I'm out solo by 10-20 people. The only difference between what youre complaining about (intrusions) and "roaming" is the number-value. Instead of 100 on 20, there is 10 on 2. Still the same result.

I do remember reading similar posts from 62nd early on when they got formed.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:

Its quite easy to say that corps should independently move out and do stuff on their own. Unfortunately, many of the corporations in the game can't field 20-30 mechs that M2S can, some corporations out there can only field 5-6 mechs. Something that needs considering before you post.

CIR Complaint Form

I know what needs fixing, but it's not the "blob".

What needs fixing is this Counter Strike kiddy mentality where everyone of the "super l33ts" thinks that he's god gifts to gaming and should be able to kill everyone by typing "trololol noob" in chat.

You were outnumbered and died and now you're crying EVEN TEAMS!!! TEAMS! Why no awp???!...

Guess what?! If I have more dudes than you, and you run your dudes into my dudes...I win..tell me how and why this needs fixing?

Now sit quietly while the red flood drowns you plx.

MoBIoS wrote:

PS: You were the guy on our teamspeak? Man, now I know why I didn´t understand a word you said.

No Not really dude, u wanna know who i wasbefore the patch.. Pm me and i will tell you ^^ i did accualy buy a T2 Em-gun proto from you guys about a month ago.

21 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-09 15:06:51)

Syndic wrote:

Its quite easy to say that corps should independently move out and do stuff on their own. Unfortunately, many of the corporations in the game can't field 20-30 mechs that M2S can, some corporations out there can only field 5-6 mechs. Something that needs considering before you post.

I know what you say, and i agreed, but still the bigger corporations that accualy can field 10-15 mechs dont need another 5 corpses to stay strong agains others, you can lern your terrain and creat a strong core of pvpers, instead of doing the dissorganized pvp. and we need more people spread out.

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:

No Not really dude, u wanna know who i wasbefore the patch.. Pm me and i will tell you ^^ i did accualy buy a T2 Em-gun proto from you guys about a month ago.

Faceless, circumcised and assimilated by M2S. Now DEV´s, see what you have done with the account reset. He is the living proof, of how a perfectly normal pilot, with all his life ahead of him, turns into a M2S Brassica oleracea, right in front of our eyes.

I herewith officially demand, we need to put an end to this right now, before this malicious desease will spread and affect any more of our good men and women on our beloved planet of NIA.

#Bad Robot

23 (edited by Krupp 2011-05-09 15:39:06)

Yarren Rakarth wrote:
MoBIoS wrote:

Hey Arachnix, bit weak changing your name after you got "uber troll rep"....

24 (edited by Yarren Rakarth 2011-05-09 16:10:07)

@MoBIoS, stop trolling you make yourself look childish -_-
Maybe you should lern to use something else the grammar spelling help against a guy with dyslexia, but hay who knows... MoBIoS from SK, Uuuh, cool guy ^^ come up with something concrete instead of beeing a "wiseass"

Hello Krupp, i thought i whould change my name when i changed my agent extentions.
Didnt think you were into trolling ? how is everything going.

I was tired if that name anyway.

MoBIoS wrote:

Faceless, circumcised and assimilated by M2S. Now DEV´s, see what you have done with the account reset. He is the living proof, of how a perfectly normal pilot, with all his life ahead of him, turns into a M2S Brassica oleracea, right in front of our eyes.

This explains all. Now I understand what Glimpse has been eating that makes him so graphically vocal about some of his bodily functions on TS.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978