Topic: LOS and lasers

Since this is cleary broken is there a way to get my EP back that i spent specing into lasers? It is rather silly that a user can spec all their EP into a skill tree that doesnt even have the LOS issue fixed which basically makes their toon worthless and unplayable due to everyone having an edge on them.

Is there a plan to fix this or boost the damage to lasers so I can at least hit a target 1 out of 3 times and do some sort of decent damage?

Re: LOS and lasers

to which weapon class would you want to switch?

If you followed the topics around, you would have noticed that every weapon class is broken.
(grass is always greener over there!)

EM guns and Firearms using the same LoS,
Missiles are told to be the lowest DPS weapons ingame (i already hear you cry about 1 of 5 missiles missing, while your rate of fire is ultra low, compared to lasers)

Missiles, it is the only weapon that is actually doing decent dmg

wrong.
read the other posts :
missiles : good LOS, small DPS (not in the beggining since standard missiles have correct DPS)
other weapons : break LOS, good (to very good) DPS.

the only issue here is the LOS, and it's getting better from patch to patch.

im shooting more and more through terrain, and terrain cover start to become absolote for small bots with every LoS "fix".

and because missiles are the "only" working weapons ingame, we see everyone in PvP running around with missiile bots, especially the self claimed best pvp corp out there /sarcasm

Hi there .,
I have been lasering latelly quite a lot, and in plain terrain LOS is quite rare if you manage your timing efficiently, hold fire when you see a mob coming up a small bump so you wont loose your cycle. You can also try to use LOS in your advantage, know the terrain and so.
Its true you can experience wierd effects while shooting in a slope, i hope thou it will improve with some tweaks and when we move to taller bots and calculation can be done more properlly.
enjoy

XrayIT wrote:

wrong.
read the other posts :
missiles : good LOS, small DPS (not in the beggining since standard missiles have correct DPS)
other weapons : break LOS, good (to very good) DPS.

the only issue here is the LOS, and it's getting better from patch to patch.

Dmg doesnt mean crap if you cant hit. So YES missiles.....

El Meromero wrote:

Hi there .,
I have been lasering latelly quite a lot, and in plain terrain LOS is quite rare if you manage your timing efficiently, hold fire when you see a mob coming up a small bump so you wont loose your cycle. You can also try to use LOS in your advantage, know the terrain and so.
Its true you can experience wierd effects while shooting in a slope, i hope thou it will improve with some tweaks and when we move to taller bots and calculation can be done more properlly.
enjoy

While you manage your lasers and adjust for terrian your missile friend is owning everything in site and you then have to go rest because you missed over half your shots and are out of acc. I am not saying it isnt possible to do but i am not going to waste 30 mins trying to kill 4 mobs while my friend with missiles does it in 10.

Actually I CAN hit with lasers and yes its very hard for me to hit the ground.
Seems like I just get used to it (the big bad LoS).
If it gets fixed - jeez - even better. wink

I am not having any problems with LOS. I'm using mag weapons and when I shoot the ground it's cause I don't have LOS. In these cases I adjust my camera to check for LOS and sure enough, there is usually an obstruction even if I didn't see it from my zoomed out/looking downward view.

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

11 (edited by Ketjup 2010-12-01 18:14:42)

Lasers are among the best weapon type you could have currently haha.
LoS is not perfect but it does work, if your firring down or up hill and hit rock don't go scream LoS bug right away zoom in and move the camera to the ground you see the little hills and such that are blocking your shots.

eagle eye perspective gives a false scene of LoS.

be glad you got laser and not firearms, then you know what truly sucks to have, looks good at base but once you spent some ep.., less damage,less range,same LoS issue's and you get less energy cost in return..whooo...

i've had no problems with LOS or lasers.  I don't see how its "clearly broken".  I don't zoom to far out and use an over the shoulder view of my bot.  When I shoot the ground I can see why it happend and just take a step or two to fix my shot angle. Sometimes the shot will hit an invisble wall, but there's an obvious hill there just below where the shot hits, its where the laser is hitting that screwy, but not the LOS, the LOS is still clearly blocked in that case.

Sweet some other people see the same thing. I thought for sure I was going to get flamed...  wink

-Gallowglass-
I've played just about everything once. Now it's Perpetuum's turn.

Visage liquification. Lasers #1

lasers ftw,
any confirmation for taller bots harder to loose LOS?