Topic: Castel mk II

It is possible to get Castel II right?

I've Been trying to find/buy one for two days and the market history says only one has been sold ever? tongue

Re: Castel mk II

i not 100% upto speed on the production side of game yet but from what my corp told me mk ii productoin is time consumeing and very very expensive talking millions of nic over cost of a mk 1 this is why you don't see them there not currently worth the investment except to collect them.

Dadar wrote:

i not 100% upto speed on the production side of game yet but from what my corp told me mk ii productoin is time consumeing and very very expensive talking millions of nic over cost of a mk 1 this is why you don't see them there not currently worth the investment except to collect them.

They can be quite useful, being able to fit one more head and leg slot and go faster then before can make for way better fits.

An MK2 Castel will probably at the very least will probably cost just over double that of a Castel. This is by no means expensive overall but the survivability of a Castel MK2 when compared with a Waspish is minimal and Waspish are cheaper. A Castel Mk2 does have its roles in the game but past being a fancy light robot for some situations where it's more beneficial than a Waspish they are limited.

The Game

5 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-09 11:54:21)

hmm, why did you post this in trial forums?

as trial agent its almost impossible to get a castel mk2 at all.

(I see that your now in a corp, which means your no trial anymore)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I started playing two and a half days ago, This is the newplayer bit? tongue

I figured the assaults would be too easy to hit?
Castel Mk II would be the robot for bounty hunting… still working on unlocking level two assignments.
Just focusing on the CPU reduction skills now, I had to buy named launchers just to fit a all round armour harder and missile mod to a mk I!

7 (edited by Arga 2011-05-09 21:58:30)

The MK II's can only be produced from CT's found in artifict caches, which come in 2 flavors; 25% and 50%. The % is the material and time effciency based on the 100% material amount listed in the 'components' section of the info for that bot.

In addition to the discovered CT, and raw materials, it also consumes a MK I version of the bot as well as a CPU; the CPU is also only discoverable in the artifact cahces.

Everytime you run a production cycle on a CT the material and time % decreases. Because of this, most producers like to run the largest number of items per run as they can.

The opportunity costs, in materials and time to hunt the caches, makes the MK II's items that are typically not produced for re-sale. Those that do make it to market are highly priced for the above reasons, a 2 million NIC tag for a light bot is about right. And the lack of availablity makes them something that even if you could afford 2M + fittings, you would not be able to replace easily.

If you have having fitting issues, your better of spending money on T2 items for the cheaper bot, about 300K (ish) leaves 1.7 Million for modules just to 'break even'.

Edit: Large corporations could produce these for more general use, but the scarcity of the CPU's again makes them difficult to replace in a timely manner. As more CPU's enter the market and production increases, the MKIIs will get more play time.

Ah thanks -

We Brought a "CT" as a team project.
First one costs 2mill to build as you said. Then we are going to improve it for lowercosts.
Then at some point I get cut price Mk II's! lol

As for the CPU issues, That's the biggest problem i've had with the normal Castel. But Now I've even got a Cheapo t3 repper. I'm just grinding the Weapons/Armour CPU Reduction skills till it reaches silly EP.
Market is abit mad. Just trying to balance fitting/skills vs item costs

9 (edited by Annihilator 2011-05-09 23:12:00)

Edyth - just to make it clear:

Arga wrote:

Edit: Large corporations could produce these for more general use, but the scarcity of the Niani CPU Cortex again makes them difficult to replace in a timely manner. As more Niani CPU Cortex enter the market and production increases, the MKIIs will get more play time.

replaced the confusing stuff with the ingame name of what he was talking about wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thanks smile

Couldn’t reverse engineer it, so I’ve got one early, errr fitting is abit of a problem ^^

http://www.freewebs.com/szdefault/castelmkii.jpg

No way in hell are the tunings gonna fit for awhile.
Anyways, cheers for your input.

Not even getting optimised weapon usage, getting data processing to 10 will give you another 25 CPU

Yeah, sorry I didn't highlight that they can not be reversed engineered, but that is what I meant by they can only be produced with CT's from caches.

But it sounds like your having fun with it, and that's the most important part.

14 (edited by Edyth 2011-05-11 22:10:04)

^^
Biggest issue i'm having now is getting Briochit - It makes the costs skyrocket!
I've been buying ordering/finding the other parts on the cheap without too many problems.

Been sneaking round the PVP Islands & remote places looking for drops. But only so much you can get out of a normal Castel - alot of the creeps lock at 300km???? lol
Level three assignment ncp's seem to give me all the fragments and NIC for the base bits.

( None of my CPU skills are higher than 5 yet, including 3% to amount one, should fit, could allways take off the t3 repper )

Maybe you know, but Briochit is refined from the Norgalis plant, plus some other ingredients, which players plant on the PVP islands, and anyone can collect with a harvesting laser and universal harvesting charges.

o! I will try that then - I've got mining/harvesting I lol
cheers tongue