Topic: Perpetuum: Terra Incognita coming on 2011.05.04.

Our first ever expansion called Terra Incognita will be released on May 4th, 2011! See our newest blogpost discussing all the details and new features included:

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … incognita/

Re: Perpetuum: Terra Incognita coming on 2011.05.04.

Woo!!

!

Did I mention '!'?

Reading now.... catchy title though.

This patch sounds pretty good, looking forward to some of the new stuff in it.

Keep up the good work i love this game.

4 (edited by Balfizar 2011-04-28 22:08:30)

highway is fail!!! wtf now its gonna be prob harder to catch solo farmers and miners in beta...they see u comin on map then bam if they slip into the highway before u can there goes you kill....everything else is good but plz stop adding easy street and lame sauce to the game

"The second one is the Weapon stabilizer, which will reduce the hit dispersion and explosion size of your equipped weapons, raising their effective firepower." Well I guess there will be no point in useing my light bots anymore and mechs with good precision can already chew them up good now with this mod it will be pointless to run one....way to go

Oh also Assualts are still useless!

5 (edited by Delita Hyral 2011-04-28 22:08:38)

Do we get assignments from artifacts btw? don't think it was mentioned

Awesome expansion though, can't wait, GJ Devs!

FIRST!!!...no wait

So, I really like that we are getting more story in the blog too. About Syndicate fighting for and taking these islands, and the insight that future islands are going to have alot more structure, very interesting.

This looks just awesome and the patch (expension) includes MANY features I am waiting for so badly smile

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Finally some traveling love! YES YES YES!

The attention given to new player experience is welcome too.
Quote “We’ll also extend our ingame help with a career tips section …snip! filled with links to our current extensive help pages.” End of quote.
Information is ammunition but turning new player experience into “Encarta Online” may not necessarily be the way out of the rookie drop rate issue.

The weapon stabilizer is a good news and a bad news. Will it not practically make assault bots and light bots useless? If mechs can destroy small targets with the same ease as bots, then which role do the latter still have? Will this not create the risk of having elite players camping light bot spawns in their heavy mechs on Alpha islands?

I want an autopilot so I can chat while I travel. http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -a-review/ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

At first I was impressed but some of these changes aren't thought out.
Some good changes and some bad changes.

My main worry is increased lag and computer requirements. The sparse beta island sound nice but the new alpha and new buildings I can only see causing more lag. If this isn't addressed before the patch is released I can see a lot of complaints "I can't go there my FPS drops to 2!"

I think the impact that the stablizer module is going to have is being a little overblown, which is OK as it highlights the potential strengths and weaknesses of the module for discussion. In practice however a little more precision doesn't equate into that much more of % chance to hit (or % dmg on missles). The light bots are so fragile that a couple hits is all it needs anyway. Its only in longer battles where its going to have any sort of noticable impact; unless of course it has some stupid high reduction value like 25%. For referrence, Precision 10 is a 30% reduction.

As for assault bots, its the same thing. A stablizer module will help, but it's only going to give you like an extra 3 hits out of 100. It may acutally make assualts better as a defensive bot for Mech packs vs. lights.

Bawdrick, I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

Its possible to be too close to something and miss all the implications, but short-sighted is not something that I would generally attribute to MMO developers. We have much less information about what is coming in the future, and how these changes may be setting up for those events.

What the devs are though, is reading all of our feedback. So if there is something they havn't thought of and we uncover it through dialog here, then we have done our part. If they don't appear to do anything, then its probably something they have already thought of and it has some sort of future implication we don't know about.

What I see in this expansion is a lot of 'Change'. Change is always good, but it can be disruptive, causing players to relearn how they want to play; and yes opening up the possibility of making a mistake. How they deal with mistakes is more important than not making them however, the game is moving on and I for one and happy to see it.

How is the mining yield bonus exactly calculated ?

change for the sake of change isn't always good arga, it's just different and can easily be worse

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

The +50% mining yield bonus is applied to the base yield. Extension, robot and ammo bonuses only come after that.

Unless your running a super cray computer for simulated atomic explosisions, its really hard to calculate if a change is good or bad.

Bad for some is good for others, but in a game where the general malise for the current play state has set in, you have to make changes.

I got a peak into the AC offices, and they have this program that takes verbs and nouns and generates a random idea that they blindly implement, then spend months trying to logically and systematically correct it with other patches.

* thats is sarcasm btw, everyone knows its not a program, its a hat with peices of paper.

17 (edited by Alexander 2011-05-02 04:55:20)

Hidden Screenshot 1
Hidden Screenshot 2

Possible Spoilers. These are so far unused images.

erp_thermal leads me to believe there will be a plate for each damage type and only damage of this type will be converted into energy. This also makes me think the modules aren't so cool any more or useful.

The Game

It seems more likely Alex that like resistance plates there will be both specific and universal variants.

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin