Topic: Blogs, news and other information

It's been almost a month since the last content blog / update. We've gotten some patches with goodies from the candy store since (yea!) but we're getting restless.

Any chance of another blog update soon?

Re: Blogs, news and other information

patience, some games dont have updates for 3-6 months, and your wanting more already lol...***. Btw end of month or begginning of next month I was told of new islands update by a wittle birdy who whispered in ma ear tongue

I would also like to see some sort of blog update. Don't even have to about coming features just something. I would love to see more pictures of the office for example. smile

Former CEO of X-23

We'll do a blog early next week about the new patch, just still waiting for stuff to boil down regarding what will get in and what won't make it yet.

Super!

DEV Zoom wrote:

We'll do a blog early next week about the new patch, just still waiting for stuff to boil down regarding what will get in and what won't make it yet.

Early next week ended yesterday (is you ask me), so where is the blog update? big_smile

PS: No, patience is not one of my strengths wink

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Ok, "early" might have been an overstatement, but it's in the works smile

For today? big_smile

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

9 (edited by Crepitus 2011-04-27 14:45:37)

There was a Dev in general chat nearly 2 weeks ago who said today was the day they were aiming for for the islands patch release.  I'm guessing with the blog not even getting an update they're behind where they thought they'd be (not a big deal to me; just an observation).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

That's exactly what I saw and to be honest, I do not expect the patch to reach the server within this week...

It's all good... Dare I say it... I really appreciate the Dev's here, they're level of community involvement and the quality of the releases and updates.  I don't have to like every change to appreciate that most things here just work... something you cannot take for granted in MMO's these days... if it takes a few days or weeks longer than expected, so be it... My expectations have been well met to date though I do have a lofty outlook for the future.

As for the blog updates... yes, MOAR cookies please.

"You're living in a parallel universe." ~Syndic

They know us too well. The day after the the blog talking about the patch comes out, we are going to ask for a "What's Next" blog. Ok, so maybe it will be the same day smile

You know, what I would rather see them do for the Island release is make it an "Event". Have it all ready to go first, then start a publicity campaign 'New Islands releasing on X/X' come see!

I mentioned it before too, but having each Island open on a different day, with non-respawning NPC's, generous drops, and some bounties would make it a 1 time event to draw players in.

Patience Daniel Son.  Focus!

I'd ask what people are planning to do with the new Islands, but it would be rather silly for Corps to broadcast those intentions smile

For me, there are a couple of ideas;

Depending on how the beta Islands settle out, I could hang up my solo hat and join some new beta corp/alliance to help tame those new wilds!

Or, settle into a new remote alpha outpost.

Player contracts for transporting materials around would be great here, since I suspect there will be a lot of moving around, if for nothing more than a change of scenery, a lithus could be busy for days smile I know I have 1000's of U of materials, I can only imagine the scale of moving a large corp!!! So exciting

What if your Portal 2 copy arrives at the exact same time the patch is out?

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

16 (edited by Zorac 2011-04-27 18:53:33)

Arga wrote:

I'd ask what people are planning to do with the new Islands, but it would be rather silly for Corps to broadcast those intentions smile

Depending on how the beta Islands settle out, I could hang up my solo hat and join some new beta corp/alliance to help tame those new wilds!

Player contracts for transporting materials around would be great here, since I suspect there will be a lot of moving around, if for nothing more than a change of scenery, a lithus could be busy for days smile I know I have 1000's of U of materials, I can only imagine the scale of moving a large corp!!! So exciting

Depends for me as well. I am also a solo-player at the moment. I might join a corporation with access to beta or i might, just like you end up on a new remote outpost. Not sure which island yet though.

Former CEO of X-23

17 (edited by Crepitus 2011-04-27 19:22:47)

Arga wrote:

I'll be waiting for the F-NAVY/xxSixx transport drivers who're strutting around in This wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Campana wrote:

What if your Portal 2 copy arrives at the exact same time the patch is out?

This would prove supernatural evil forces are active in our universe.  big_smile

Pirate booty just took on a whole new meaning... wait, is it gay thursday already?

I'm all for the DEVs taking their time and doing thing properly. We don't need the patch removing vital OS files just cause they rushed to pacify a few impatients. Taking time to do things right the first time means less work fixing it in the future which hopefully means more time to work on additional content.

I'm all for blogs though, explaining what is being done/planned, maybe putting some details into why things are done or not done may help some understand that something that seems simple to them to change is alot more complicated when it comes to programming and implementation.

You know they are playing portal 2 smile

We can only hope they are super good at it, so they can get back to coding sooner!  *no spoilers!!*

Dark Omega wrote:

I'm all for the DEVs taking their time and doing thing properly. We don't need the patch removing vital OS files just cause they rushed to pacify a few impatients. Taking time to do things right the first time means less work fixing it in the future which hopefully means more time to work on additional content.

I'm all for blogs though, explaining what is being done/planned, maybe putting some details into why things are done or not done may help some understand that something that seems simple to them to change is alot more complicated when it comes to programming and implementation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

Do it right...get it right the first time!