Re: Episode 3 - Incoming Transmission Podcast

DEV Zoom wrote:

The 0.00 NIC NPC buyorders for Titan ore and HDT was a bug (no idea how that happened actually). Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

And if you're asking why, they're needed for the trial miners so they can make some money too by some way other than assignments. They're still low enough not to interfere with player buyorders.

Glad we pointed it out. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Wait ... trial accounts can sell on the market now?

Only to and from NPC orders, which is what the 0.0 HDT and titan orders were

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Ah, thanks Camp

Poor guys, I can understand now how some of the players may have felt that selling ore for 0.0 NIC was a steep penalty for being a trial player, thanks for getting that fixed!

Good job guys!  I like the podcasts.

Thanks for pointing out that the infinite sell orders for ammo and such are killing newbie industry characters.  That's what people are supposed to make their first monies on DEVS!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!  DEVS please stop catering to lazy people and stay the hell out of our economy!

Remove all infinite buy/sell orders immediately ffs!

Gotta say thanks all for the feedback, both positive and negative. I personally still feel there's a lot for us to improve on, especially the politics side and people will definitely start getting some mails from now on!!

In terms of battle reports, and even the politics side, I hope both Grem and myself have proven we are trying to do something positive for the game,we are happy to be wrong and to be corrected, so I hope people will open up and talk to us.

If anyone does want to contribute, either anonymously or not, please get in touch with either of us. There is probably little chance we will make every intrusion so our collective success depends on others wanting to help us out with background information.

thanks again all for listening and taking the time to post comments.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

You are all being very polite not pointing out Gremrod's COMPLETE AND TOTAL FAILURE to eliminate uh and um from his vocabulary about 3 seconds after bringing it up.  And also, Gremrod, while you aren't getting too quiet randomly anymore, you're now just overall too loud, there's a tiny bit of distortion when you speak that isn't there for Kalsius.  I know it's nitpicking but something to look at.  Should just be able to turn down sensitivity a bit.

But seriously guys good work, keep it up!

It must be hard doing something good for the community and getting slammed for it but at least it's kinda constructive. What I would quite like to hear for your next interview would be a round table of the alliance CEOs or repesentative. Fifteen mins of anything goes. Would be fun.

It would take a lot of voice training to remove ums and ahs that completely.

Both Grem and Kalsius have really clear voices that are easy to listen to. Grem is a pretty good raconteur on TS so he's had lots of practice tongue

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

It must be hard doing something good for the community and getting slammed for it but at least it's kinda constructive.

I was kind of thinking this as well ^^

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

It must be hard doing something good for the community and getting slammed for it but at least it's kinda constructive. What I would quite like to hear for your next interview would be a round table of the alliance CEOs or repesentative. Fifteen mins of anything goes. Would be fun.

Maybe you should stop slamming them and apologise wink

To be honest I didn't even notice the ahh/umms, I thought he did a marvelous job with that.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

To be honest I didn't even notice the ahh/umms, I thought he did a marvelous job with that.

Yes, I read about a way to cut down on it. But of course with anything is takes time.

Ahh, so thanks for all the input and like Kalsius and I have said we have room to grow.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yeah I don't mind the ums at all actually, I more thought it was funny that you consciously mentioned it in the podcast and then totally failed like seconds later.  You can keep doing it forever as far as I'm concerned, everyone else does.

The audio thing is more important but easier to fix.

So we only talk about the bad things but that doesn't mean there aren't many many more good things than bad; we just don't mention those smile

My name was mentioned, so of course this is my favorite. I printed out copies and emailed it to all my friends and relatives!

well Im up for a podcast. I can tell you my sexual relations with Jelan and Yoslin. As well the new CEO of Axe Corporation big_smile

41 (edited by Zorac 2011-04-22 20:51:26)

I just finished listen to the podcast and i really enjoy listen to it while i play. Keep up the good work! I really like the market and industry discussions. And the Uhms was nothing i thought about this time. So whens the next one planned? big_smile

Former CEO of X-23

We record every two weeks so you'll have to wait a little while cool

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Thanks for doing these podcasts Grem and Kalsius. I might not be playing atm but its good to hear stuff about the game.
~desire to play Perp again rising~

Keep up the good work.