Topic: EP Bank...

Waiting for EP's to accumulate to learn those high level extensions has a terrible tempation to spend them on something else. IE 1 month to get into a Riveler.

I suggest something like an EP bank for storing EP for a specific extension so the tempation isn't there to spend them....

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Re: EP Bank...

If you can't control yourself then it's not the games fault.

The Game

Something like an in-game Perpetuum planner would be great.

Where you could 'assign' EP to certain skills but not have them be effective until you click the upgrade button. In this way you would set aside some EP, bank if you will, them against a certain skill. The EP banking would just be client side data, only sent to the server when it is applied.

I like the idea of a bank. Perhaps a EP cost involved in each deposit to avoid excessive trafic and meaningless use. Should be doable. Costas 100ep each deposit and impossible to withdraw before set amount is reached.

In-game planner with predicted upgrades being applied in different coloration on robot/weapon information would be useful, so people can see what they're going to get for their EP without having to do spreadsheets. I kinda redesigned my progress spreadsheet at least 4 times now and its srsly a pain in the nads.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

i was thinking like a when 1000 ep have been accumulated you hit a button and store it against that extension..

AND then pay NIC of some value if you want to un-bank them for another extension...

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

Partly trained skills, bit like kernal research, would be good.
Untraining partly trained skills should not be possible.

+1, i'm never going to get Adv Robotics 9 sad

Yes i would love to be able to spend EP's a little here and a little there.

Inner Ring Excavations
Kciredor Nov --- Mining and Industry
Skao Nov --- PVP, when i get another account.

/signed

Maybe a hybrid of current system and Eve's system.  You can set a skill to train and your 1 EP per minute goes directly into the skill, can not be removed.  But if you turn training off, or the skill finishes training to the next level, you resume accruing EP like you do now.

While that would be cool, I think the current system is fine, and if it aint broke don't fix it applies.

Why have anything so it can't be changed or part of the skilling system? Just something in game that can let you highlight where you want to spend your EP next, like the yellow bars in the tool with the EP cost would be great.

Planning out the EP is something that should be in game, and make it exportable too so you can play with it offline.