1 (edited by _Icefeet_ 2011-07-26 21:17:04)

Topic: Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Work in Progress

Hello fellow Sparks!

The last couple of weeks I have been working on a tool named Perpetuum Fitting Tool or P.F.T.
It's still under heavy development but i'm going to need testers soon anyway.

So i have decided, everytime I add something to the tool(alot has to be done) i'll test it and push the latest build to the server, also anyone having the tool installed at that moment will receive a notice from the application for the update.

And by the way Mark Zima, thank you for spreading your data, although outdated i'll keep working on adding everything

Anyway you can download PFT here http://perpetuum-fitting-tool.com/

and for feature requests or bug report feel free to use the contact form

Known Bugs:
At this time, you can only open a fitting window for light robots, reason is known and get's fixed as soon as possible

Fixed Bugs:
Startup splashscreen crash after latest update
Startup crash on OS versions prior to vista?

Greetings, _Icefeet_
Edit:Fixed link,added know bugs,added fixed bugs

Re: Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Work in Progress

its a dead link.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-27 22:26:06)

http://perpetuum-fitting-tool.com/

He forgot the .com
+1

Now I don't need to work on the one I was doing. big_smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

not working for me.....
.net 4 is installed.

Error signature wrote:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : perpetuum fitting tool.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     
P3 : 4d8fddd7     P4 : perpetuum fitting tool     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4d8fddd7
P7 : 3     P8 : 1d     P9 : system.nullreferenceexception

I Currently am the author of Perpetuum Fitting Tool - Continued..
EVE - bigsteve

bigsteve wrote:

not working for me.....
.net 4 is installed.

Error signature wrote:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : perpetuum fitting tool.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     
P3 : 4d8fddd7     P4 : perpetuum fitting tool     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4d8fddd7
P7 : 3     P8 : 1d     P9 : system.nullreferenceexception

strange, a nullreference error could be anything, any idea when this happens?

Getting a FormatException when I try to start this tool:

Anwendung: Perpetuum Fitting Tool.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.FormatException
Stapel:
   bei System.DateTime.Parse(System.String, System.IFormatProvider)
   bei System.Convert.ToDateTime(System.String)
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen.versionCheck()
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen..ctor()
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.Program.Main()

In addition: Please let the user choose where to install this tool on the local hard drive! I personally don't like any software I don't know where it stores its files...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Legedric Warstrike wrote:

Getting a FormatException when I try to start this tool:

Anwendung: Perpetuum Fitting Tool.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.FormatException
Stapel:
   bei System.DateTime.Parse(System.String, System.IFormatProvider)
   bei System.Convert.ToDateTime(System.String)
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen.versionCheck()
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen..ctor()
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.Program.Main()

In addition: Please let the user choose where to install this tool on the local hard drive! I personally don't like any software I don't know where it stores its files...

I will be making my own installer/updater when most of the tool is done, till then i will use the ClickOnce installation which installs to your user's application cache, for the eroor i would like to know what OS you're running and if you're running it as elevated user or Administrator further more, the application tries to read a date from the registry, does it have access to it?

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 and I am using it as an administrator. I do not know if the tool has access to the registry (so I did not grant it knowingly).

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

Must have somethin to do with the date format string, I'll change it and push a update later this afternoon, thank you for your imput

If it helps: I use a german client, so the date format on my client will propably result in something like "dd.mm.yyyy"

Update has been pushed, please try again

Thanks for the fast update.

Next error:

1. Tool started
2. Opened the node "Assault robots" and double-klicked "Baphomet"
3. Error:

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.FittingWindow..ctor(XElement robotXml, String windowText)
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen.openFittingWindow(XElement robotData, String text)
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.MainScreen.nodeDoubleClick(Object sender, TreeNodeMouseClickEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

13 (edited by _Icefeet_ 2011-03-28 12:43:18)

See the first post, bots other than light robots can't be fitted yet, but i'm working on it

As some other bots seem to work (for example Intakt), I would like to give you my first feedback:

- display general robot info on single click
- increase height (and if possible width) of the tree view menu
- calculate top speed of the robot (depending on fittings)
- display tooltips on icons (so you know what is meant by them)
- option to view the general info for the selected fitting

I am quite sure that some of the points above are already on your list but I just posted everything whch came to my mind.

In addition, here is another error.
Everytime I "right-click" an empty slot I get this error:

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Perpetuum_Fitting_Tool.FittingWindow.showContext(Object sender, DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseDown(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I also get this error when I "right-click" the Syn-tect light armor plate in my leg slot.

fixed and updated thank you for your feedback

What do you define as general info for robot or fitting?

The info describing bonusses, general values (speed, locking range etc.) and perhaps required extensions.

ok thanks, noted

If anyone has a feature request please leave them here or on the tool's site,i'll try to implement as much as i can

20 (edited by Annihilator 2011-03-30 18:32:21)

may i ask - can't someone provide such a tool as web-page? no download, no install - just anywhere to use?

btw, i just got a crash while trying to install it. right after it finished its download

and a suggestion: please implement the question for "install folder"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Web would be better for the programmer to, no reason to push out updates, as they are automatically applied...  and for the user being able to access from work.

It would require a login (not the same as your Perp login) though to use any player specific extension information.... but that will be easier once perp gets an API.

Oh, did I forget that you'll get ad money too eventually if perp takes off and your tool ends up serving 1000's of players smile

ah, no loging necessary, could be coockie based.

something like those ogame calculator pages

building it web based is actually quite a nice idea, although it could slow things down tremendously with 1000's of users but i'll keep it an option wink

Annihilator wrote:

may i ask - can't someone provide such a tool as web-page? no download, no install - just anywhere to use?

btw, i just got a crash while trying to install it. right after it finished its download

and a suggestion: please implement the question for "install folder"

Could i have an error log please, it would help alot

crashes at startup are possibly a problem with datetime conversions, pushing an update now to counter that, please leave some feedback