Topic: Mobile teleport device bug - deployed it did not appear, gone too

I deployed a mobile teleport device and it didn't appear, nothing. It also vanished from my cargo. A waste of NIC and could have gotten me killed with some bad luck.

I've had this happen before with a field container once too, i deployed it and it didn't deploy, but still gone from cargo.

Re: Mobile teleport device bug - deployed it did not appear, gone too

The containers will deploy but not spawn when within a certain distance (500m? 1km?) of a teleport or outpost it seems.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

I know, and I was a long, long way from an outpost or teleport.

Happend again.

5 (edited by Purgatory 2010-12-04 22:21:20)

And again, wasted a few mill on this now. Thank god the bug has yet to occur in a life or death situation.

6 (edited by auster 2010-12-05 16:34:26)

the disappearing field container happened to me too.

i've moved to a place where i have successfully deployed field containers before. the dialog for the code pops up, i enter a code, the dialog closes and then the field container gets removed from the bot's cargo but doesn't appear on the ground.

it is kind of annoying when you travel some distance with a slow mining bot and then have to return because the field container simply disappears and you didn't take a second field container with you.

as this is a random bug there is no evidence (screenie, video, ..) that i can post. i think that it should be possible to search the game's database for deployed but unused (never opened) field containers.

EDIT: maybe add some timer which checks if the field container was successfully deployed. if not, then return the container to the cargo so the user can try again.

Buy 100 field containers, start fraps, ????, post bug.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

Buy 100 field containers, start fraps, ????, post bug.

a simple sql statement to the database and it should be clear that there is a problem.

if a dev asks me, then i would accept the hassle to install fraps, waste 400k (which i don't have atm) and the time to test this with 100 containers wink

9 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-05 17:16:19)

Field containers are temporary and held completely on the server. A server restart = bye bye containers. Or that's how they used to be. They also didn't expire while no one could see them before but that's changed.

Anyway, if they're held in a database then I am sure you could query it but some people deploy field containers and not use them. The query won't really show anything other than what you search for.

However if deploying items isn't always successful then it does need to be looked into some way or another. Only real comparison you could do is server lag compared to attempted deployment time. See if it's lag related.

The Game

This bug happens to me roughly 25-30% of the time when deploying a field teleport, happens a lot less with a field can.

This bug is related to pocket loss. There are times when connection between server and client is lost which shows as pocket loss. If you deploy container during that short time frame when people experience rubberbending and 'follow-stop' - your container is as good as gone. Thats my take on this problem. They really need to fix the issues, but being based in Hungary I start to fear for games future. If they had resources to move server to a central Europe at least - it would have been much better for many of us.

Just happened to me too sad

Deployed a mobie field teleport about 1100 away from an outpost and it ate it from inventory, with no teleporter appearing

A known bug, and even though I've personally experienced it too, it's very hard to track hmm
(#3124)