Topic: Low Structures Details

Hello, at first I want to say that I really like buildings in Perpetuum, they look cool...but...but they actually eat fps as though fps is a sweet sorbet. So it would be nice to have an option like ''Low Robot Details'' but for buildings. To tell you the truth some optimization is required imo. Sometimes I deploy on the terrain from a terminal and I have like 50+ fps, but 2 minutes before that, before I entered the terminal, it was like <30... Although there weren't more ppl around or something, everything was the same, but the difference is like 20+ fps..

Re: Low Structures Details

I'm jealous of your 30fps. I am currently running around 7-8fps. Would love to have option to choose low building detail AND turn off weather effects (ghost mist).

3 (edited by Jasdemi 2011-03-23 11:17:52)

This is is ******* badly optimized. I've been saying this since beta, but the devs keep denying this fact. Sad, just sad.

If this game runs at 30-40FPS on a heavily overclocked i7 and GTX480, then something is DEFINITELY wrong.

when I come to for instance Dari Shoto Station and then head for the Dari Outpost, on my way I get even around 100 fps, because there are NO buildings

I'm sorry, where did we deny this again? We're aware of this issue, but it's not an easy fix.

If you have shadows turned on you probably won't get above 30 FPS.
I run with high view range, full robot detail and a few other bells and whistles and I'm always seeing my maximum of 60 FPS.

In large fights I do have to turn on low detailed robots but apart from that I have no issues with buildings. Buildings also don't render now until you can see them which is nice. It's either sight or range but either way it's improve on what it used to be. Alpha island is rather bad for graphical lag due to the number of buildings so close together. a LOD on buildings not in view would be nice. So that they are still rendered but the buildings behind your camera are much lower detail and only render to full detail as and when you turn your camera to view them.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

a LOD on buildings not in view would be nice. So that they are still rendered but the buildings behind your camera are much lower detail and only render to full detail as and when you turn your camera to view them.

OOW I LIKE THIS IDEA! but i guess its a lot of work ...

8 (edited by Automaton 2000 2011-03-24 07:58:35)

There's one more this thread suitable thing. When I am at the terminal and there's beautiful hologram of my activated robot and the terminal itself, I get sweet 200 fps. But when I am about to do some assignment or spend some EP, open Assignments window or Agent profile, the fps drops to about 20... Do those letters in Assignments' names eat 180 fps? are ''letters'' typed in some superb extra details? c'mon it's just letter, can't really get this.. Even market window is alright, while there are at least images of goods. It's really annoying, because it takes much more time to accept those assignments and go complete them..

Automaton 2000 wrote:

There's one more this thread suitable thing. When I am at the terminal and there's beautiful hologram of my activated robot and the terminal itself, I get sweet 200 fps. But when I am about to do some assignment or spend some EP, open Assignments window or Agent profile, the fps drops to about 20... Do those letters in Assignments' names eat 180 fps? are ''letters'' typed in some superb extra details? c'mon it's just letter, can't really get this.. Even market window is alright, while there are at least images of goods. It's really annoying, because it takes much more time to accept those assignments and go complete them..

200 fps are not sweet, they are 140 useless frames... causing overheating of GPUs on some systems.

the framedrop is not caused by any letters, its probably cause because of the refresh of your standing history, transaction log or any log that you have open at that moment.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear