Topic: EP Interest

If you save up EP you should gain a certain % of interest every week.  Would make an interesting dynamic of deciding to spend or save EP, and give newbies an obvious reason to not use their EP right away.  We all know how many people spent all their EP on firearms right off the bat then were pissed when they found out they'd never use them again past the arkhe.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

2 (edited by Kaito Kurusaki 2010-11-27 23:06:30)

Re: EP Interest

My troll sense is tingling

My accounts that I'm doing nothing but storing ep on would love this, the playerbase at large will likely hate this.

And a year down the road when I have 1,000,000+ ep what kind of crazy income to ep would you think I'd be getting?

PS: I fear I may have been trolled by my own corp. lol

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Seeing as I've spent no EP yet that would be good for me but I don't think it's a good idea.

People will refuse to spend any EP at all because doing so would lower their EP generation and thus make them worse in the future.

On top of that let's say I don't spend any EP for a whole year. How much would I gain in a single day? Eventually people would be able to buy every skill from a single week of EP generation. And if the devs add more skills to make that impossible then the people who spend EP as they needed it will be way behind.

Blackomen wrote:

My accounts that I'm doing nothing but storing ep on would love this, the playerbase at large will likely hate this.

And a year down the road when I have 1,000,000+ ep what kind of crazy income to ep would you think I'd be getting?

PS: I fear I may have been trolled by my own corp. lol

But you were doing nothing with that account in the mean time.  THe wealth accumulated by an active account may be able to offset that EP difference.  EP isnt everything in this game, if not the minority of importance below economic worth and general player knowledge and skill.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

no

No learning skills please.

Eve finally got rid of them, it would be nice if they didn't appear here.

Nipa wrote:

No learning skills please.

Eve finally got rid of them, it would be nice if they didn't appear here.

This isnt a learning skill.

This will vary day by day and will not continuously increase your ep if you dont decide to save.

You could save for a month, spend for a month, save for a month, etc etc.  Its all about managing when you can afford to not upgrade your extensions and when to spend to get into something bigger or use those fancy new modules.

It trumps eve because its not a permanent upgrade.

Terrible idea. What Perpetuum doesn't need in the long run is more advantages for people who have been playing longer, or are prepared to spend small fortunes on extra accounts to gain an advantage in a video game.

The problem with this is basic. There are two steps to break the game.

1: Disregard skill increases
2: Acquire absolute power

Besides, I don't see EP interest as something that actually provides any benefit to the overall gameplay. It just allows the OCD to completely break the game with maxed out characters down the road.

11 (edited by Syke 2010-11-28 12:37:34)

Terrible idea. What Perpetuum doesn't need in the long run is more advantages for people who have been playing longer, or are prepared to spend small fortunes on extra accounts to gain an advantage in a video game.

This.

12 (edited by Nipa 2010-11-28 13:15:31)

Neoxx wrote:

This isnt a learning skill.

But it creates exactly the same mechanic: one where the further you push back the acquisition of useful skills, the more skill points you get.

And that's this very mechanic which is horrible for a game: most players want to optimize their playtime, so they will try to make the most use it, hence hurting greatly their fun on a short time-scale for long-term benefits.

Don't even hope that players won't use the mechanic. They used it while hating it in Eve, why would they act differently here?

Don't give players tools to hurt themselves.

13 (edited by Jasdemi 2010-11-28 13:21:29)

NAOX, stop trolling naw!