Re: MK2 Robots - what do you think about them?

I like the prom mk 2, and chameleon mk 2.

So expensive to build you could just supply a fleet with the cost and likely get the same or better result.

Standard fit gangs are cheaper than a single T4 Mk2 robot. big_smile

The Game

I think the idea of them being expensive now is ok. As the game progresses, using the mk ii will be more economically sound.

This is very true economies of scale will come into effect the longer things are available if resources permit. Also a T4 anything in general is worth more then a whole standard fit light bot lol.  Alex get me some kernels, ct's and commodities for me while i finish up my work  and then can get back in game in a few more days[hopefully end of the week] kthxbai

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

30 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-03-15 20:24:34)

Alexander wrote:

Standard fit gangs are cheaper than a single T4 Mk2 robot. big_smile

Yup! lol this is what I lol'd about.

I could fit a chameleon mk2 run around and go yayyy, or fit up 4-5 guys and have fun as a group.

It's just pimp'n stuff.

Like the guys in eve who had faction fit ships... heh.

Especially when you kill a faction fit mothership/titan lol bils of isk in fittings.

Why is my ceo asking for mk2's now as a standard fit.... by golly that balifzar is taking advantage of us...

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivat … 637932.jpg

btw, for pve those mk2s are just more you could ask for (ok, i could ask for a little bit more cargo big_smile)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Two more slots and a bonus that's of questionable use for the cost.

No extra CPU, no extra PG, no extra accumulator, no extra resistances... I dunno, I'm pretty unimpressed.  I have decent fittings skills and I already have trouble fitting mechs the way that I want to, much less if there were extra slots.

Extra slot for co-reactor or co-processor sounds useful if your having fitting issues

Hourglass wrote:

Two more slots and a bonus that's of questionable use for the cost.

No extra CPU, no extra PG, no extra accumulator, no extra resistances... I dunno, I'm pretty unimpressed.  I have decent fittings skills and I already have trouble fitting mechs the way that I want to, much less if there were extra slots.

wrong thinking - you get 1 more headslot to fit a CPU mod, and 1 more legslot to fit a reactor-mod. with mk1s you would have to sacrifice an important slot for them.

but if got already problems fitting the mk1, you can use the mods, and fit the mk2 as you wanted your mk1 - its more expensive but possible.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I ended up spending a fair amount of EP reducing reactor costs to fit a medium weapon on the Baphomet, but an extra leg slot on an artemis would be nice for a co-processor so I could fill the extra head slot

Soooo instead of just giving us MK II bots with more CPU and Reactor we get bots with the same stats and two slots that most people are just going to put CPU and reactor mods in...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess.

I'm still vastly unimpressed.

37 (edited by Arga 2011-03-21 17:47:51)

Its just a MK2, not an "I win" button.

And, its not just an additional slot, you also get another bonus; varying on bot.

The idea being, that if you run up against a MK II, you don't have to just run for your life, they will have an advantage but they are not indestrucable. And from the other side, just because your in an MK II doesn't mean you can defeat anything infront of you.

If your trying to say that its not worth 10x the NIC to upgrade to a MK II for a few slots, that is a valid. But some players, who have thier skills to 8 or 9, and are looking at 28+ days to pick up 1% more damage, may not care about cost.

And for beta groups, outfitting with MK II's could give them the edge, and cost is less a factor then production time.

Edit: Sequar vs Lithus is the perfect example. If you don't have a specific requirement for hauling more than 80U's, there's no need to spend 10Million on a lithus when a 500k Sequar will do the job. Its also not worth getting a MK II to test out some fits, but if you have something that you can't do with the MK, than your only choice is to get a MK II.