Topic: Lost after the tutorial

I tried this game out for a month.  After the tutorial was over, I had no idea what to do next.  I know this is a sandbox, but having no friends here made it hard for me to get into this game.  I didn't see any corporation recruiting messages in chat when I played, but I didn't pay much attention to it either.  From the lack of recruiting, I can only guess that new players are not wanted very much in experienced corporations that have been playing since launch day.

I think giving players at least some direction after finishing the tutorial would help.  I wouldn't have felt quite as lost if there was a message like, "Go do missions at X place and explore while you look for a clan."  Some sort of clan recruitment interface in the game would have also helped me not feel like I was trying to solo everything.

Re: Lost after the tutorial

Yes, this is a problem. We are working on delivering the available options better, which will include such a recruitment interface and will be integrated with a social tutorial section.

A: there is a recruitment chat channel and corps are always lookng for fresh blood
B: there is also a recruitment section in these forums
C: there is also a corp search option in game top left of your screen

And finally to me it looks like u want someone to hand feed you if you would have used the above listed options or and send a app into many corp maybe even a mail to  there recruiters then I'm sure someone would have picked u up by now but to blame something else  for you not searching hard enough is fail on your part sir

Konkrete wrote:

I tried this game out for a month.  After the tutorial was over, I had no idea what to do next.  I know this is a sandbox, but having no friends here made it hard for me to get into this game.  I didn't see any corporation recruiting messages in chat when I played, but I didn't pay much attention to it either.  From the lack of recruiting, I can only guess that new players are not wanted very much in experienced corporations that have been playing since launch day.

I think giving players at least some direction after finishing the tutorial would help.  I wouldn't have felt quite as lost if there was a message like, "Go do missions at X place and explore while you look for a clan."  Some sort of clan recruitment interface in the game would have also helped me not feel like I was trying to solo everything.

Yes like the DEV said they are working on more tut stuff for in game.

But for now check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34YNvgR67Sc

And the rest of my videos.

smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Balfizar wrote:

A: there is a recruitment chat channel and corps are always lookng for fresh blood
B: there is also a recruitment section in these forums
C: there is also a corp search option in game top left of your screen

And finally to me it looks like u want someone to hand feed you if you would have used the above listed options or and send a app into many corp maybe even a mail to  there recruiters then I'm sure someone would have picked u up by now but to blame something else  for you not searching hard enough is fail on your part sir

Some people have too extreme of a point of view on sandbox games, and you appear to be one of them.  I'm not looking to be "hand-fed" as you call it.  I just don't want to be dumped in the middle of an unfamiliar place and not know where to go.  It would be like your parents dropping you off in the middle of a desert or forest as soon as you hit 18 and telling you to start your own life.  You may know that you need a job (or hunting skills) to feed yourself, but you would have no clue where you are or which direction to go.  Drop the, "I'm better than everyone else because I play a sandbox game instead of a theme-park game," attitude and try to be more helpful, or don't post at all.

As far as recruitment channels go, the interface in this game is not very easy to learn.  I obviously missed that.  Searching for a corporation on the forums or with the corporation search is not very helpful.  Sure, I could find one, but how do I know it is one I want to join?  Reading a single forum post or corporation name does not tell me enough to decide if I should join or not.  Being able to interact with the corporation would be better, but I did not see the recruitment channel when I played.

I was trying to give my feedback from a new player's perspective so this game can be improve in the future.  I am not interested in subscribing again at this time after reading about some of the issues with the game on another forum.  I will continue to follow it to see if this game improves.

Finally, punctuation is important.  Learn to use it.
http://verydemotivational.memebase.com/ … tuation-3/

6 (edited by Balfizar 2011-03-14 21:54:12)

Well I'm glad to see that you decided to stay with wow. Oh look I ended my sentence with a period how cool am I now hurrah can I have A+ now b\c we are in english class now and no longer a game forum and people are grading me