Topic: Squad system

Please can you make it so the squad screen does not show offline players. It's annoying. Also you need to be able to lock people from the squad screen and also select primary target or secondary target from that screen. This would allow for effective use if remote modules.

Basically just fix the offline feature and allow the squad screen the same right click options ad overview.

Re: Squad system

No, there needs to be an option to show off line players otherwise removing people from the squad becomes painful.

But in a big gang it's hard to see who's taking damage for reps. Perhaps make the squad window able to sort by damage?

I think the problem is logging off needs to remove you from a squad. Squads should be temporary groupings for specific objectives.

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I think the problem is logging off needs to remove you from a squad. Squads should be temporary groupings for specific objectives.

No. Definitely not. There just needs to be the OPTION to show online/offline/squad members in range instead of making it either one or the other.

Styx wrote:
Vorgrim Scout wrote:

No. Definitely not. There just needs to be the OPTION to show online/offline/squad members in range instead of making it either one or the other.

Why should squads be permanent fixtures? For instance I was in a squad with 30+ agents called tutorial for the last 8 days.

My suggestion would fix the problem and its just less *** than having a whole corps, alts, offliners and whoever else got invited for whatever reason in a squad then complaining that you can't see who needs healing.

I didn't play eve, so if it worked like that there I guess thats one thing they didn't do well in an otherwise solid game.

7 (edited by Styx 2010-11-28 06:38:52)

Vorgrim Scout wrote:
Styx wrote:
Vorgrim Scout wrote:

Why should squads be permanent fixtures? For instance I was in a squad with 30+ agents called tutorial for the last 8 days.

My suggestion would fix the problem and its just less *** than having a whole corps, alts, offliners and whoever else got invited for whatever reason in a squad then complaining that you can't see who needs healing.

I didn't play eve, so if it worked like that there I guess thats one thing they didn't do well in an otherwise solid game.

You're not fixing the problem at all. You're simply removing an aspect of a feature that creates it in the first place, one which others like. There are multiple other ways to fix this problem such as those I've presented. Those are the additions which should be implemented not just removing squad functionality.

EDIT: The way you use the squad isn't necessarily the way others do. M2S for example has a large squad running all the time which everyone is a part of. Something which we can do well not being a zerg corp.

8 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-11-28 06:52:42)

Ofc there are multiple ways to fix it, mine is just the one with the least potential problems.

If you can't see how wrong a month old squad called tutorial with every member of a corp in it and the leader being offline is, then we are on a different page.

Make logging off drop you from squad and implement some simple functionality like /si <name> and squads become dynamic groupings for specific objectives rather than the mess they are at present.

I saw your edit and that is exactly the thing I am talking about. That requires no organisation whatsoever. You are asking for squad funcionality accross your whole corp with no effort required whatsoever.