1 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-08 18:42:58)

Topic: Questions the community want asked on my podcasts

Okay folks Jita thought it would be a good idea (I agree) for the community to get questions asked in my podcasts.

I would also love to see questions from DEVs and GMs. smile

So please post questions and label whom them are intended to be answered by.

[DEV/GM]

[Corp CEOs]

[Alliance Leaders]

[Alpha Islanders]

[Beta Islanders]

Please add more categories if you don't see one that fits your question.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Questions the community want asked on my podcasts

Gremrod wrote:

Okay folks Jita thought it would be a good idea (I agree) for the community to get questions asked in my podcasts.

I would also love to see questions from DEVs and GMs. smile

So please post questions and label whom them are intended to be answered by.

[DEV/GM]

[Corp CEOs]

[Alliance Leaders]

[Alpha Islanders]

[Beta Islanders]

To Dev/GM's -- What, in their opinion, and besides the obvious (recruit your friends), can we as players do to help this game succeed?

IMO i would get a few people to agree to appear. I would then decide yourself on what you want to talk about, probably doing a different subject each time regarding the game and best fit the person to the subject. Maybe even do a couple of roundtabe discussions. Once you know the subject and the person you could then ask for questions about that.

Some people I would like to see on the show:

Alf (to talk about balance)

Container (to talk about AXE and why his is the only large corp to endure)

GM Kokeshi (to talk about his view of the history of the game)

and an interesting one would be to have a guest interviewer do a podcast with Styx

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

IMO i would get a few people to agree to appear. I would then decide yourself on what you want to talk about, probably doing a different subject each time regarding the game and best fit the person to the subject. Maybe even do a couple of roundtabe discussions. Once you know the subject and the person you could then ask for questions about that.

Some people I would like to see on the show:

Alf (to talk about balance)

Container (to talk about AXE and why his is the only large corp to endure)

GM Kokeshi (to talk about his view of the history of the game)

and an interesting one would be to have a guest interviewer do a podcast with Styx

I agree -- this format can create a lot of discussion and round tables can create interesting cross talk on subjects.

Once this thing gets rolling you could ask for suggested questions/themes for next weeks shows from the community.

5 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-09 04:27:16)

Thanks for the input guys. Great ideas.

Yes, would love to have Container on for that very reason.

AXE has endured the pop drop and more.

But I don't think he would since he has voiced strongly, that I can't be neutral since I am in m2s.

Container, would you be willing to be on a pod cast?

Gremrod, here's a few ideas that worked out very well in Mortal's radio show.

- Corporation of the Week (topic & radio show)
Every week a corporation is presented to the community (http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/4652 … #post97882) on the forums here with fixed questions, and possibly on the podcast with CEO/Diplomat doing a short interview. It would help the newbies coming into the community and deciding which corporation they like the most.
- Veteran's night
Veteran players giving advice to new players on set topics; topics can range from anything like PVP tips, PVE tips, moneymaking tips, etc. Again, it would help the newbies warm up to the game's learning curve rather then being dumped into the world and going "lulz im spiderpigbot".
- Political discussions
Representatives of various powerblocks are put into same conference and answer to community questions (could be submitted in an IRC channel for transparency's sake).

If properly documented on the forums, this could become a founding stone to Perpetuum's history & culture; with political reports it would be tricky to maintain a neutral perspective so the news post could be submitted to representatives of involved power-blocks and only posted when both agree with the statements.

Alternatively, if any ex-MO player still keeps in touch with Bevo, poke him to drag his [***] over here. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I want to hear just neutral review of political and economical news in PO sever, without any corporation of the week, best veterans, worst trolls etc. Just neutral review for history record. I'm even ready to write news-tellers in English, btw what i'm constantly doing for Chaos clan community.

Syndic wrote:

May I ask in Mortal Online if any one corp runs this show or if it is organized by DEVs?

Container wrote:
Syndic wrote:

May I ask in Mortal Online if any one corp runs this show or if it is organized by DEVs?

The radio was actually run by a member of a clan, yes. After a while it spread out with more people from various different guilds pitching in and doing their own little "shows" to help the project, so the political reporter had his own show; then there would be a PVP or PVE tips & tricks session for rookies, then a session where guests were invited to answer community questions (guests included DEVs as well from time to time), etc.

Always varied a bit, ofc.

What was good about it that while for example, CIR had declared a server-wide crusade of extermination on another guild; we still talked to each other like civilized adults on the radio.

CIR Complaint Form

To help with the talks about impartiality it could perhaps be a colaborative effort between PI and Gremrod? Don't know if kelvin would be up for that but it would be good.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Gremrod wrote:

[Beta Islanders]
What was the average time spent in executing 'ECORP dock-up maneuver 1B'?

12 (edited by nardiana 2011-03-09 16:17:08)

[DEV,GM]
Why the devs didn't fully fixed the  insurance damage exploit, and let the corporations in the game that have used this exploit the most, keeping an unfair advantage over others, pretty a big concern in a pvp open mmo...

Alexadar wrote:

I want to hear just neutral review of political and economical news in PO sever, without any corporation of the week, best veterans, worst trolls etc. Just neutral review for history record. I'm even ready to write news-tellers in English, btw what i'm constantly doing for Chaos clan community.

no offence, but i just don't think you're enough good in enghlish for that. i'd better to see someone non-russian writing such things

Have a productive day, Runner

14 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-09 17:54:56)

Jita wrote:

To help with the talks about impartiality it could perhaps be a colaborative effort between PI and Gremrod? Don't know if kelvin would be up for that but it would be good.

I had mention an idea of having a co-host. We could always have a featured host that handles nothing but the political side and would not be me doing it myself.

I say this because I had planed on a segment for each podcast to be a Political Landscape Report.

It was going to be very simple look at beta islands. but if I can get someone to always handle the political news other than myself then that would work out well.

These little new bits can be recorded by the person doing them and sent to me to add into the pod cast.

Syndic wrote:

- Corporation of the Week (topic & radio show)
Every week a corporation is presented to the community (http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/4652 … #post97882) on the forums here with fixed questions, and possibly on the podcast with CEO/Diplomat doing a short interview. It would help the newbies coming into the community and deciding which corporation they like the most.
- Veteran's night
Veteran players giving advice to new players on set topics; topics can range from anything like PVP tips, PVE tips, moneymaking tips, etc. Again, it would help the newbies warm up to the game's learning curve rather then being dumped into the world and going "lulz im spiderpigbot".
- Political discussions
Representatives of various powerblocks are put into same conference and answer to community questions (could be submitted in an IRC channel for transparency's sake).

If properly documented on the forums, this could become a founding stone to Perpetuum's history & culture; with political reports it would be tricky to maintain a neutral perspective so the news post could be submitted to representatives of involved power-blocks and only posted when both agree with the statements.

Alternatively, if any ex-MO player still keeps in touch with Bevo, poke him to drag his [***] over here. lol

yes, nice ideas there. Thanks Syndic!

I would like to know why the DEVs thought it wise to only follow the reasoning of M2S playstyle and nerf accordingly. If they thought that a strong industrial alliance had no right using as you poopsockers say zerging, to get ahead in this game.

I would like to know why they dance to your tune only ( meaning the roaming gank squad poopsockers again), and not to the many other voices on this board.

What I would like to see is the co-host picked based on their voice/vocabular ability with english. Nothing scares off people like a gurgly voice struggling to chew through words, or a prepubescent talking like he's jostling for a spot in the castratii choir.

Anyone who listened to Michael "The Voice" Schiavello will know what Im talking about. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

What I would like to see is the co-host picked based on their voice/vocabular ability with english. Nothing scares off people like a gurgly voice struggling to chew through words, or a prepubescent talking like he's jostling for a spot in the castratii choir.

Anyone who listened to Michael "The Voice" Schiavello will know what Im talking about. lol

He get's wayyy to excited when Overeem puts on the Thai Plum...I wonder about Mr. Schiavello.

Here is the format I generally like for my podcast. Although many podcast in Eve try to tackle only several of these instead of a jack of all trades type of show.

What are the host of the show currently doing in game?

Political landscape and key events

Market watch/Economic tips

How to segment that might go over one or a few things each week. How to manufacture? How to mine? PVP tips? What skills do I train? How to make NIK?

Interviews with devs, well known players, ceo's, etc

Round table discussions over the latest hot topic

Cover the latest news, dev blogs, etc

Answer reader submitted mail

As you can tell if the show tries to do all of these each week it will easily reach 3+ hours!!!! Whatever you decide to do Gremrod make sure it is something you can reliably get out to the community on a regular schedule. Nothing is worse then a podcast that lapses months or weeks. I would rather get a slimmed down show with minimal content that we can listen to once a week while driving home from work then a show that I have to wait for every 2 months with sporadic releases that eventually stops being made all together. A show with a format that you can easily edit and get out to us on a schedule, will last alot longer with a much larger listener base then one that is rarely put out even if it were to have more stuff.

How about taking submissions from players, short 30 seond to 1 min MP3 files, then compile some of the better stories or tips into a 3-5 min segment.

Nateryl wrote:

Here is the format I generally like for my podcast. Although many podcast in Eve try to tackle only several of these instead of a jack of all trades type of show.

What are the host of the show currently doing in game?

Political landscape and key events

Market watch/Economic tips

How to segment that might go over one or a few things each week. How to manufacture? How to mine? PVP tips? What skills do I train? How to make NIK?

Interviews with devs, well known players, ceo's, etc

Round table discussions over the latest hot topic

Cover the latest news, dev blogs, etc

Answer reader submitted mail

As you can tell if the show tries to do all of these each week it will easily reach 3+ hours!!!! Whatever you decide to do Gremrod make sure it is something you can reliably get out to the community on a regular schedule. Nothing is worse then a podcast that lapses months or weeks. I would rather get a slimmed down show with minimal content that we can listen to once a week while driving home from work then a show that I have to wait for every 2 months with sporadic releases that eventually stops being made all together. A show with a format that you can easily edit and get out to us on a schedule, will last alot longer with a much larger listener base then one that is rarely put out even if it were to have more stuff.

Very nice thanks for the feedback. I was trying to decide on how often to really do it. I was wondering if people want weekly bi-weekly reports even it they are short casts.

Thanks.

Arga wrote:

How about taking submissions from players, short 30 seond to 1 min MP3 files, then compile some of the better stories or tips into a 3-5 min segment.

Yes I would totally love to have players submit their own and put 1 or 2 in each cast.

PM sent to DEV Alf to see if he would come on for an interview and talk about game balancing.

Still no reply. I am sure they are busy right now.

I vote for GLiMPSE to be the first guest interviewer.

[Question to GLiMPSE] Why you so good @ trolling?

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu