Topic: Log for miners

I'm requesting log for miners and combiners.
Its very useful to see next events in log:

• Mined amount

• "Tile depleted" warning

• "Capacitor depleted" warning

Re: Log for miners

Hrm sounds a bit unnecessary, and seems like it would make macroing easier.

Capacitor depleted look at your capacitor energy bar - you dont really need a special text flag for this do you?

Tile depleted - well if the amount you mined isnt going up in your cargo hold then the tile is probably depleted.

All 3 of those things are already reported to you in one way or another (usually just a quick popup, 'not enough energy' etc), so adding them to the logs shouldnt be very hard. Sounds like a good idea to me.

so, when they are all three spawning a message no the screen - then why not in the log?
when you mine, your often doing several things at once. it happens that you wont notice the message on your screen.

all you see is, your mining laser stopped to work, but you cant see why.

the macro argument is dumb... would you remove the combat log because it could make macros easier? it writes on the HD, in a textfile the name of your attacker - a macro could read that the same moment, compare it with the landmark list, lock that name and introduce countermeasures.

/agreed

/signed

most definatly needed.

/Signed

/signed for tile and accumulator depleted messages
And I know that the game makes a sound when a tile is depleted.

Honestly how many of you watch your bot mining nonstop for 15 minutes? I usually turn down the sound of perpetuum and switch to another Application. So sometimes if i switch back to perpetuum, I see my bot doing nothing. I don't have the problem that my accumulator depletes. But it makes sense for those who have the problem to be able to distinguish between those cases.

Having these warning logged would help against symptoms, but not solve the real problem: mining (at least in low level safe zones) is basically being semi-afk for 30 minutes.

Good idea.  It's unrealistic to assume harvesters/miners will be staring at their UI through the lengthy harvest/mining process.  The combat and chat logs contain data that is usually apparent to the agent while they are interacting... harvesting/mining can benefit immensely from this feature as it can detail avg times/load and record progress.

/second

/signed

/signed

/signed

Alexadar wrote:

I'm requesting log for miners and combiners.
Its very useful to see next events in log:

• Mined amount

• "Tile depleted" warning

• "Capacitor depleted" warning

It's called a combat log.  For um... Combat.  Is mining combat? I dun thinks so.  I agree with previous posers that it would benefit macros... But I guess nothing wrong with that..mining is so boring it needs a macro.

- M2S -

U betr run!

I saw the word macro so I'm saying NO

CenDre wrote:

I saw the word macro so I'm saying NO

At least you put a lot of thought into it.

Doomviper wrote:

It's called a combat log.  For um... Combat. ....

Its a matter of a few clicks and typing in another word to change that name.

also, please share your knowledge about how this would benefit macros
- and why they should not remove the combat log then for combat, as it could benefit combat macros?