Re: I have bad feeling about future success of this game... :-(

I have 3 accounts and i quit over the pvp poopsocker pampering. I dont think this game will fail, but a lot of people left because the devs where more inclined to help the pvp ew roaming gankers then the people that tried to build something up.

game is dead / dying since the devs didn't managed to properly manage the insurance fraud, when u catch a thief who stole 4$ you dont take him 2$ , in a pvp game letting a side getting one year advance upon the others by using an exploit = shooting yourself in the foot

i think that now it's rather a little l8 to fix

103 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-05 20:36:58)

nardiana wrote:

game is dead / dying since the devs didn't managed to properly manage the insurance fraud, when u catch a thief who stole 4$ you dont take him 2$ , in a pvp game letting a side getting one year advance upon the others by using an exploit = shooting yourself in the foot

i think that now it's rather a little l8 to fix

No. Other games have released over the last 2 months. One being Rift and gamers being gamers want to go try other games.

Urgh... theme parks....

ps: I bet you think the world ends in 2012 too.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

as a m2s you should be more discreet.... and could be earlier than 2012

nardiana wrote:

as a m2s you should be more discreet.... and could be earlier than 2012

Discreet about?

If by goon, you mean a poster on the somethingawful.com forums, and nothing to do with EVE, then yes. Go ahead and try to shine the light off of yourself. lol

I give this game 4-6 months before it's shut down.

108 (edited by zothike 2011-03-06 08:29:39)

The owner of the game should find an arrangement with CCP and make some bridge between Eve and perpetuum and replace the Iphone boring game that they call Planetary interaction in eve, it would be a full win

I know i"m dreaming but they should take contact with CCP, even eventually to be hired by CCP as theses guy have talents and ideas, this game prove it

zothike wrote:

The owner of the game should find an arrangement with CCP and make some bridge between Eve and perpetuum and replace the Iphone boring game that they call Planetary interaction in eve, it would be a full win

I know i"m dreaming but they should take contact with CCP, even eventually to be hired by CCP as theses guy have talents and ideas, this game prove it

No. CCP can make better games. big_smile

110 (edited by Freidal Shoveler 2011-03-06 10:28:47)

Joining a corp helps,
joining a corp that lives on betas helps even more
nerfing (resource speaking) the alphas doesn't help, at least not the new guys and partially also the non-beta corps, unless the goal is to "force" everyone into those beta corps, that's imo of course.
so what you waiting? make a corp and join one of the corps that live on alphas and r goin to (try to) kick beta's as..s yarr

Jasdemi wrote:

yeh incarna..erm world of darkness ?:D

Freidal Shoveler wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

yeh incarna..erm world of darkness ?:D

Anything you mentioned is better than Perpetuum with some homo-looking avatars.

so this game hasn't got a publisher partner yet huh?

114 (edited by Asimov 2011-03-06 14:05:27)

Guys, I'm relatively new to the game (jan 2011) and one of the lucky ones finding a nice corps with nice people. Working together as a corp facilitates many if not all possible activities in game atm.

I like this game (sandbox concept, Mechs) and some of the game mechanics (PvP) and would like it to flourish and grow into a matured game.
But I see many fellow gamers struggle, both on Alpha and Beta, players going inactive and corps shutting down. Could it be that hard work has turned into numbskull grinding and not enough cookies /progression as a reward ?

What worries me also is the apparently low influx of new players into the game. Trial codes ftw, but what if those players supposed to distribute those codes to friends are leaving themselves ? Adding more Alpha islands doesn't make any sense to me at this stage tbh.

Signed,

a somewhat worried player hmm

Game is boring and there are like 150-200 people online (lol) at any given time, so there you have it.

You'd be suprised how many people have running subs but are simply waiting for the EP to mass up/more content to arrive.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

From famous: ECORP, X-23 down ... people rly leave this game(
for about 3 month as example Russian chat is about 30-35 in prime time. no positive dynamics.
Need more content, more islands. more flexible ways to make NIC and more ways to lost NIC.

Run Safe

Asimov wrote:

Adding more Alpha islands doesn't make any sense to me at this stage tbh.

it does allot. the existing alpha island gameplay was nerfed down to epic grinding to get anything (from NIC to Equipment), also when you get into a MECH after two or three month of using the same assault bot with the same equipment for the whole time (after all, you get into it after a few days) then you face nothing to do with your MECH-class robot on the existing alpha islands, and you geting *** by the beta-dwellers in short time, probably before you gained the profit from going there.

the famous quote from the griefers - "no risk no fun" may be true, but in this game it means "my risk, your fun" from the non-beta dweller view.

yes, the game was designed with that quote as basis for everything of the last patches. And i really don't think its so good for the game at all.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

119 (edited by Asimov 2011-03-06 23:52:10)

Isn't it more fun to have your own turf on a beta island and be ready to defend it from attackers, it is a PvP game after all ? The reason many corps are on Alpha or join a blob alliance in the first place is because the lack of more beta islands ? If indeed there wil be 3 more beta island added to the game, why add more Alpha islands, see my point ? Better add 6 new beta island and there will be NIC and resources for everyone. And there will be more blood yarr

man yall worry too much . the game is in its infantsy . way more polished then a pile of crap like xysom . spend 40 bucks on that or earthrise and then come back here and say hs i didnt give this much of a chance . i mean really lol . the ground clunks when you walk on it .. content ? what content . i dont know what people see in it . but in the same respect i didnt know why peeps loved minecraft , but its got over a million d/ls . you got your regurgitated WoW clones , which hey if its your thing thats cool . this is not that 
if your worried about numbers here , i bet half the people on eve for example at any given time are afk sittin in station .. tba eve has got nothing to offer cept cute character models . 
tons of content but guess what its the sos .
heck you cant even get in a good sov battle of 500 ships without " soul crushing " lag .
i do agree to the above .. an awesome combo would be this and steve with this taking over PI
other then that  its tiring seeing all these mmos with the same bs promises but nothing unique to offer . and i dont think this is one of those thats why a core group will support it regardless

Syndic wrote:

You'd be suprised how many people have running subs but are simply waiting for the EP to mass up/more content to arrive.

What syndic said

The patch pissed alot off and they stopped logging in. Some keep there accounts active to see if the devs can un - fk it , some didnt. as with change it always hurts but were hoping the time invested in this stage of the game proves to be worthwhile years down the road.

Both eve and here have real time training, the difference here is that as long as the account is active, ep continues to accrue. This method is good and bad. The good side is that you can just keep subbed and check back occasionally, and have a cache of ep to spend when something new does come out. It is highly motivating to spend $10 a month to have the account 'just in case' the game takes off and becomes fun, the downside is that the subscription rate dosn't accurately reflect the true activity in the game. Sure, having 1000 subs is good for business, but if there's only 100 active players that is bad for the game play itself.

On a positive note, for those doom sayers, the 'stealth' accounts mean the devs will have more time to make the game better before they have toshut down. As long as the cost of running the servers and bandwidth is covered, the game cab stay online indefinetly; although it would be moth balled and no futher development would occur.

123 (edited by Gremrod 2011-03-07 21:11:32)

Caain wrote:
Syndic wrote:

What syndic said

The patch pissed alot off and they stopped logging in. Some keep there accounts active to see if the devs can un - fk it , some didnt. as with change it always hurts but were hoping the time invested in this stage of the game proves to be worthwhile years down the road.

Which patch pissed people off? What elements of the patch pissed people off the most?

I guess I could search the forums. But my guess would be the new commodity needed for t2 - t4 items?

the roaming npc patch mixed with the industry patch saw a LOT of folks just walk away from the game. At the beginning rats were everywhere and a lot woke up and died and got super pissed about it. They nerfed the rats a little after that so it was manageable but quite a lot of alpha dwellers and beta visitors did not like that at all, it really crushed their corp models.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Gremrod wrote:

Which patch pissed people off? What elements of the patch pissed people off the most?

I guess I could search the forums. But my guess would be the new commodity needed for t2 - t4 items?

It wasn't just 1 patch that pissed off the carebears, it was the cummulative patches and the apparent lack of interest the dev's showed to the requests and comments of the non-pvp community.

That's not to say that the changes made for the PVP side were not needed, but even to this point we have not seen anything to enhance non-pvp play styles; this MAY change with the next patch, but we have yet to see how its actually implemented. It looks however as the geocaching is going to require combat support, even on alpha, but I'll hold judgement until I see it.

One particular point, that shows the general attitude, is containers. With the major nerfing of mine nodes, there is much less ore to be had per area than previously. The mining community made a very reasonable request to have the range of the containers slightly increased, or even the addition of a more expensive container with extended range. The player response was basically quite whining and deal with the change and nothing was said by the dev's.

That is just one example, and maybe I am wrong in this, but I can't think of even ONE thing positive thing that is PVE/Industry related to be changed.

So yes, people got pissed at being ignored and assumed, maybe even correctly, that this wasn't the game for them and left. If the game doesn't need carebear types than they can be ignored, if it wants or needs them, there concernes must have equal weight.

TL'DR; Shut up, mine, and like it; so I can go have fun blowing bots up.