Topic: Pls, create ability PvP on alpha!

Hello!

Please, create ability to PvP on Alpha side.
may be as in EVE cost per week or something else.

Thx

Run Safe

Re: Pls, create ability PvP on alpha!

activate your pvp flag manually = you can pvp with someone else who did the same.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

activate your pvp flag manually = you can pvp with someone else who did the same.

rly? I didn't know)
PvP by flag like lolipop for kid... We need more scale PvP corporation vs corporation, not only players. come on, give us this opportunity.

Run Safe

this entire thing is discussed in the PvP vs PvE argument thread in general discussion but mostly there isn't enough landmass in the game to support that initiative

5 (edited by Gremrod 2011-02-26 18:47:21)

Dont do a weed wrote:

this entire thing is discussed in the PvP vs PvE argument thread in general discussion but mostly there isn't enough landmass in the game to support that initiative

I disagree, there is plenty of landmass. The problem is, people tend to concentrate too much in specific areas of each alpha island.

But I also think that corp wars may not be what the game really needs right now.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

6 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-26 19:09:00)

There is enough land but not enough reason to use it. A fight can be over in seconds resulting in days of work being lost. For that reason people aren't willing to have fights.

In games where death has little to no penalty you get lots of fights which are meaningless for both parties. In perpetuum you get very few fights that are also meaningless to the winner and can be devastating to the loser.

The layout of the game was wrong from the start and now it's like building a house on sand. No matter which way you shift it the balance can never be perfect. Almost perfect but never perfect. There are lots of simple changes that could improve things like a second movement/travel option or merging all the islands together and creating protection, danger and wilderness zones.

There are lots of chances to PVP in the game but there is no inspiring reason to do it. Outpost ownership promotes alliances and blobs which ruin the game. Alts for scouting the game make it much easier for organised groups and there is almost no place for solo players. While they might grab a few good kills some of the time they will in the end usually be an a disadvantage.

Hats off to Infini who have broken the mould and are really showing what 5 people with 10 accounts each can do with a good macro (Over exaggeration, no offend intended). Ask any PvPer why they PvP and most of the time it'll be "Because I can" and not "Because I have to if I want to be the best". Making PvP optional while also making it the core mechanic of a game is like giving a diabetic chocolate cake on their birthday because it's what you'd like to have. Doing the right thing and doing the fairest thing isn't the same.

The Game

Without the landmass that allows corporations with little to no defensive prowess to hide implementing corporate warfare will not be a good idea, the travel paths to different islands have you across the world map in minutes

I have said this many times, but it seems to slip by;

PVP players are much too motivated to find 'action' at this time for anyone to hide, the amount of land you would have to add to make hiding possible would be immense.

If PVP players have something other to do than chase down people trying to hide, then those hiders will have a chance, even with the existing land masses.

I guess you would call it creating more 'time' in the game to operate then trying to create 'space' for them to operate.

If we did this, you 1337 pvpers would *** and pillage through the fledgeling corps chasing absolutely everyone out of the game.

Instead, we will give you more islands (3 alpha, 3 beta is the plan at the moment), more NPCs, discovery - along with new, unique equipment -, and to expand the end game a bit, we might let you manage the docking rights of some of the outposts you conquer.

I can't give you exact deadlines on this, but we are going to release every bit as soon as it is out of the oven. You should see these features trickle through in about two weeks.

This is all subject to change at the moment and we wouldn't talk about it if we did not understand your concerns.

Wait you're adding 3 more Alpha islands and 3 more Beta islands?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

DEV Calvin wrote:

If we did this, you 1337 pvpers would *** and pillage through the fledgeling corps chasing absolutely everyone out of the game.

Instead, we will give you more islands (3 alpha, 3 beta is the plan at the moment), more NPCs, discovery - along with new, unique equipment -, and to expand the end game a bit, we might let you manage the docking rights of some of the outposts you conquer.

I can't give you exact deadlines on this, but we are going to release every bit as soon as it is out of the oven. You should see these features trickle through in about two weeks.

This is all subject to change at the moment and we wouldn't talk about it if we did not understand your concerns.

New islands aren't needed. Expand these islands with less docking/teleporting location across them.

I can see what you're trying to do but before giving more islands (Which aren't need and will just water down the already limited online players even more) I'd like to see new mechanics which cause players to be forced to interact rather than just ally.

At the moment everyone can just ally together and all reap the reward of their teamwork.

The Game

More space for the game to seem more empty... superb.

The Enclave - A mature, friendly, and cooperative corporation.

DEV Calvin wrote:

thumbs up - must be the right direction if griefers start complaining wink

Bud Fox wrote:

thumbs up - must be the right direction if griefers start complaining wink

i thought the same

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

He didn't mention what was going to be on the new islands, but maybe they are progressive.

That is, the new alpha Islands will have Epitron resources on it, but be inhabited by heavy mech NPC gangs.

While the new beta islands, lets call them gamma, have a new resource Supertron, that is needed for the next level of items.

The existing beta alliances will move to the new gamma islands, mostly, leaving less defense for the beta Islands, so that smaller corps/alliances can claim them.

For those that argue that more Alpha islands aren't needed, the players that are going to PVP on beta are already there. The game can't force the carebears into pvp, it will just make them leave the game. There's no negative impact on the game by having a certain player base that does not participate in one aspect of the game, as long as they are contributing to the game over all, like putting items into the market place, as well as ores.

More PVP island will generate more PVP, simply because any CHANGE in the balance generates PVP; Viva revolution!

I won't hold them to it, but 2 weeks sounds fantastic.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/16332/#p16332