Re: My concern for the game

The English language is taking a big hit on this thread.........

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:

Um, u do know this game has one server and in this server there are players from many different countries and speak many different languages?   

Don't be so naive.

- M2S -

U betr run!

Doomviper wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:

Um, u do know this game has one server and in this server there are players from many different countries and speak many different languages?   

Don't be so naive.

Oh, i do not have problems with other languages, countries, etc. I often run with speakers of other languages, and never mind it if they are not real good at English, in most cases they know English far better than i know their language, and many know it better than most English speakers.
I was talking about the horrible use of one letter words, blatant misspelling, lack of punctuation, forgetting spaces for several words in a row, and other things from English speakers, Most people that have English as a second language (even if they do not know it well) will not use u, r, ez, etc. for words, will at least try to use spaces between their words. I usually do not bother commenting, but anyone that knows the word pretentious and uses it properly either knows how to spell properly and is misspelling purposely or is just lazy.
Sorry, should have left it alone, their statements speak for themselves.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil wrote:
Doomviper wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:

Don't be so naive.

Oh, i do not have problems with other languages, countries, etc. I often run with speakers of other languages, and never mind it if they are not real good at English, in most cases they know English far better than i know their language, and many know it better than most English speakers.
I was talking about the horrible use of one letter words, blatant misspelling, lack of punctuation, forgetting spaces for several words in a row, and other things from English speakers, Most people that have English as a second language (even if they do not know it well) will not use u, r, ez, etc. for words, will at least try to use spaces between their words. I usually do not bother commenting, but anyone that knows the word pretentious and uses it properly either knows how to spell properly and is misspelling purposely or is just lazy.

'Tis the age of internet memes and "leet" speak my friend, I fear there's not much that can be done except to remember that when all other lines of communication fails, it's time to drop a "umadbrah?"!

I need sleep...

Azerin Kane wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:
Doomviper wrote:

Don't be so naive.

'Tis the age of internet memes and "leet" speak my friend, I fear there's not much that can be done except to remember that when all other lines of communication fails, it's time to drop a "umadbrah?"!

I need sleep...

LOL, me too, night!

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

The game is fully playable without ever going to pvp islands. There's one resource there thats not on alpha islands, just buy that one from the pvp'ers and mine the rest yourself or something like that. 

No one is forced to go to pvp islands, your potential for profit is greater if you do, but you can still become stinking rich never leaving alpha's.

57 (edited by CenDre 2010-11-27 17:55:48)

Not one of you are getting the point and i am done trying to explain it.

Well the 3 first islands are perfect for the carebears to do whatever they wanna do and before they get to go to pvp-zones they must have already decided if they like the game or not. Ofcourse more islands is needed when the player population grows but it must grow quite much before the current alpha and beta islands are overpopulated.

1/2 of the game is a safe zone, what more do you want?

Without the highest level content being in pvp enabled areas, they would be glorified arenas. Its an overused expression, but I think it has relevance here.

Go play WoW.

60 (edited by Dizi 2010-11-27 19:48:37)

CenDre wrote:

Issues I see developing:
roaving gank squads patroling the entire game world constantly looking for targets. they can patrol the entire game worls in about 2 hours or less. This basicly means no carebear will ever be able to play the game without getting ganked constantly every time he/she goes out into a pvp zone. they will be limited to the core 3 Islands. I doubt the carebears would play a game with those kinds of limitations.

Sounds horrible.

I was sure, when I bought the game that alpha and beta isles are exact 100% same isles, with same mobs and resources, but betas just have PvP on. So all PvPers can play there. And all PvE players can enjoy the game fully on alpha isles.

To my disappointment I was wrong. I'm sure I will never (like 95+%) go to zone where I would be ganked and killed by PvP griefers.

CenDre wrote:

My appeal to PvPers:

I afraid this won't work.
There are 2 types of PvPers. Those who like to fight with equal and ready opponent and others who are PKillers and griefers. Those others will use any opportunity, even exploits to kill someone.

CenDre wrote:

The mistake that was made by games like ...Vanguard... and countless others was simple they crammed the carebears into a small world where they are at the mercy of PvPers.

There was no PvP in Vanguard. I've played it to level 39 and never ever had a problem about PvP. I even unaware that PvP exist in Vanguard. I mean Vanguard SoH, developed by original EQ devs, whitch late was bought by SOE.

CenDre wrote:

PvE style = people who never pvp, don't want to be attacked and do not accept the cost of a lost bot lightly and prefer the safty of the Alpha Islands 100% of the times. These people never want to be blown up by other players and will find other games to play as a result.

I'll join this group of people. I like the game. I was able to play EVE despite it has same PvP problems, but due to more complex game mechanic I was able to avoid PvP most of time even in PvP enabled areas. BTW EVE have pvp enabled everywhere ;-), just with some limitations in high sec.

But in this game I see no safe way to wonder to beta islands at all.

Okey, I'll play and try to enjoy part of game, that is available on alpha islands. If it will happens to be boring, I'll cancel all accounts (PvE type crafters like to buy quite a few accounts for EVE type games ;-) and move to another game.

About replies.

"go play WoW" - we want different games, can't play that one only.

"alpha islands is enough for PvE" - PvE players like to fight mobs. There are not enough harder encounters. I never saw group of mechs and heavy mechs on alpha. A lot of players will quit soon, if they find no challengeable npc targets to fight.

Mixing pvp and pve is always a bad idea.

CenDre wrote:

Not one of you are getting the point and i am done trying to explain it.

+1 first good post from you itt

63 (edited by Tiggus 2010-11-27 19:52:22)

This is a ridiculous argument, at least half of this playerbase is here because of the pvp beta islands if not more.  The satisfaction you will get from taking and holding an area in beta islands will be 1000x more rewarding than farming mindlessly on alpha forever.  It's going to take hard work of your entire corp to do, and maybe this is what scares some people.

Not to say pve content should not be expanded(it should) and that more islands should not be added as population outgrows the current ones(they should).  Currently the beta islands are almost completely empty, we have run a couple roams and aside from running up to m2s's doorstep we rarely see anyone aside from a couple miners here and there.

DIZI is the only one who is understanding what I have said.

65 (edited by Dizi 2010-11-27 20:25:08)

Tiggus wrote:

The satisfaction you will get from taking and holding an area in beta islands will be 1000x more rewarding than farming mindlessly on alpha forever.  It's going to take hard work of your entire corp to do, and maybe this is what scares some people.

Competition for objectives, like holding a fortress or an outpost is a good PvP goal. No one against it. If free PvP were limited to areas around outposts in question, then no one will mind.

So called "open PvP" witch lead to unusability of area (all beta islands) for PvE players is the problem is this game. Islands are not big enough to hide from roaming PvP ganks, nether game mehcanics provide good ways to escape from roaming gank.

Yes beta islands might stay mostly empty, in their current form. Game mechanics and design gives nearly zero chances for solo players to go there and escape even small groups of PKillers. I afraid that a tackler on fast robot and EW mech will likely kill any solo player they see. And due to small area size such groups can catch almost everyone.

There is a subtle difference between not understanding and not agreeing that you are failing to grasp. We understand you don't like pvp, we just don't think its necessary to ruin the game pandering to people who are clearly not the target demographic.

Heres a suggestion. Start thinking of the players on beta islands as roaming npcs with good AI that don't leash.

Your phobia of facing people rather than AI is the problem, not the game mechanics.

Draz wrote:

There are already too many safe areas on Beta Islands. Remove the protection zone from around Teleport Stations, tia.

Why does removing protection from around teleport stations improve game play? 
Conversely, why was protection given to Teleport Stations to begin with?

Vorgrim Scout wrote:

There is a subtle difference between not understanding and not agreeing that you are failing to grasp. We understand you don't like pvp, we just don't think its necessary to ruin the game pandering to people who are clearly not the target demographic.

Heres a suggestion. Start thinking of the players on beta islands as roaming npcs with good AI that don't leash.

Your phobia of facing people rather than AI is the problem, not the game mechanics.

I don't believe your assessment is accurate.

His suggestion was to increase land-mass sizing so that the dynamics evened out some.  In other words:  PvPrs would have to hunt up targets as opposed to being bottled up with them in a (in his opinion) too close environment.

PvP is still there, not suggested as taken away.

I think war decs would be another avenue for greifing PvE players in none PvP areas. I disagree with war decs whole heartedly UNLESS they can be limnited to Beta Islands.

Khanoji wrote:
Vorgrim Scout wrote:

I don't believe your assessment is accurate.

His suggestion was to increase land-mass sizing so that the dynamics evened out some.  In other words:  PvPrs would have to hunt up targets as opposed to being bottled up with them in a (in his opinion) too close environment.

PvP is still there, not suggested as taken away.

Halaluya  A another man who understands what I am saying. Thanks man I was begining to lose hope.

They already said that the game world will increase in size once the game has settled in.

I hope for a HUGE landmass next, none of this tiny island crap. Hopefully in tandem with the player structure patch.

Lege wrote:

Mixing pvp and pve is always a bad idea.

I disagree totally.
For this game to make it it has to have more subscibers and the vast majority of that is going to be PvE players because they are more numerous than the PvPers.

This game is perfect for mixing PvE and PvP.

The DEVs just have to give the PvE types more room to explore and grow in. As the game is now the PvE players can totally exhaust the nostalgia of exploriong the three alpha islands in about a week or two adding more islands will prolong that nostalgia.

I will wager to that there are currently very very few die hard PvE players ingame atm. Most of us are pvpers or semi pvpers.

73 (edited by CenDre 2010-11-27 21:01:18)

Tiggus wrote:

This is a ridiculous argument, at least half of this playerbase is here because of the pvp beta islands if not more.  The satisfaction you will get from taking and holding an area in beta islands will be 1000x more rewarding than farming mindlessly on alpha forever.  It's going to take hard work of your entire corp to do, and maybe this is what scares some people.

Not to say pve content should not be expanded(it should) and that more islands should not be added as population outgrows the current ones(they should).  Currently the beta islands are almost completely empty, we have run a couple roams and aside from running up to m2s's doorstep we rarely see anyone aside from a couple miners here and there.

You are right I am willing to bet 95% of the people subbing right now are in it for the PvP. Where does that leave the money spending PvE players......quite honestly looking for another game to play.

Not a single PvP orient game out today has attracted more than a few thousand die hard pvpers. Where are those games now or will be soon. Broke and free to play.

This game is a great game the mechanics work great and the world is perfect for adding more land mass. I am sure that in the future the DEVs will expand it and make more room for the PvE gamers to expand and explore. Mark my words its the PvE gamers that will be paying Avatars bills not the pvpers who have consistently hoped from game to game because past developers catered to the WRONG demographic.

This game has to have more PvEers and it will I am sure of it, I dream of it I want this game to succeed.

74 (edited by CenDre 2010-11-27 21:03:43)

War decing is a bad idea there is not reason for it. Beta islands are plenty open to pvp why give greifers a tool to herase PvEers living on the alpha islands.

Maybe the problem is people who are scared of competing against other people and not that games are too "hardcore".

What you are trying to do is project your own insecurities and possible deficiencies on a small team making a game for gamers. Gamers who actually enjoy competition as they themeslves obviously do if the current content of Perpetuum is anything to go by.

You just need to accept that all games are not made for all people and pick one which you will enjoy, rather than trying to change one that obviously isn't geared towards your playstyle. I mean that in the nicest possible way. I don't think you are less of a person because you don't want to pvp, it can be stressful, but that stress is what makes some gamers tick, myself included.