Re: I have bad feeling about future success of this game... :-(

raid-instance...

27 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-02-15 22:04:13)

Annihilator wrote:
Savin wrote:

In the long term however, Perp will develop its own player base, its just going to be very quiet around March 1 when Rift goes live.

a few days later it will be even less for playing Duke Nukem Forever.

its just a pitty that certain individuals will stay here to the end, or until the first raid-instance is opened.

And then a few days after that all of norhoop will reroll and create a new alliance in Hello Kitty Online. CasualGamers™ voted it 2010 Game of the Year!

dude!

look at the markets in rage

see sequer

see 1600 sequers on naway!

wtf is wron with u saying :  "market does not looks filled with goods"

Evolution wrote:

dude!

look at the markets in rage

see sequer

see 1600 sequers on naway!

wtf is wron with u saying :  "market does not looks filled with goods"

I KNOW!... right?

Other than tiered items, I have never NOT found an item I was looking for on the market, and at a reasonable price too.

31 (edited by Warhawkz 2011-02-16 04:44:07)

RIFT... lmao.. swtor or gw2 yes.. and i will buy both and still play perpetuum. But RIFT.. lol

Sith ftw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

*Warhawkz is not responsible for wasted time while reading his posts.

Perpetuum has the potential to be a keeper.  It has the rarity of being a sandbox game that sort of works.  There are very very few.  It is in a decent genre (mechs).

DEVs just need to think more deeply about player progression paths in EP and incentives to keep people playing long-term to develop a critical mass of population to drive the game forward.

Container wrote:

Perpetuum has the potential to be a keeper.  It has the rarity of being a sandbox game that sort of works.  There are very very few.  It is in a decent genre (mechs).

DEVs just need to think more deeply about player progression paths in EP and incentives to keep people playing long-term to develop a critical mass of population to drive the game forward.

yeah.. i agree

*Warhawkz is not responsible for wasted time while reading his posts.

this is a great game! I hope they keep up with small beginning scale pvp ideas, so that people get engaged early. I'm waiting to see what happens when i'm fit/skilled properly for a mech, and then work with a good group.

35 (edited by Vaelen Gar 2011-02-16 06:45:54)

I don’t know exactly how to say what I’m thinking about this, but I’ll give it a go.

I feel like people are in a way trying too hard and over thinking to much in this game.  It’s a PvP centric robot themed game, so running around in robots PvPing is what I’ve been doing, having a great time.  Since the day the Dom civil war kicked off right through this morning I’ve been out every day blowing people up & getting blown up, and it’s been incredibly fun.  You don’t need mechs or T3-4 gear. I’ve been doing it for the most part in ghetto fit light bots, typically with one to three friends.  With a mining alt I can sustain this indefinitely. 

I’ve seen a large drop off in PvP the past few days which I’ve written off to people being unwilling to risk uninsured bots, and I don’t completely get it.  Leave the mech in a station if you don’t want to take that kind of a loss, but get out there in a light or maybe an assault and have some fun.  People not participating will have a far more detrimental effect on the game than anything I’ve seen the Dev’s do up to this point.

Vaelen Gar wrote:

.... I’ve been out every day blowing people up & getting blown up, and it’s been incredibly fun.  You don’t need mechs or T3-4 gear.

Leave the mech in a station if you don’t want to take that kind of a loss, but get out there in a light or maybe an assault and have some fun.  People not participating will have a far more detrimental effect on the game than anything I’ve seen the Dev’s do up to this point.

Gets teary eyed... oooo-----weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Those are my ecorp soldiers of fortune!!!

T1 gear for t3 gear! yes!!!

Ember wrote:

bah, they moved from a seed economy to a sustainable one... and I feel the pain too the same as everyone, but making enough nic every week to pay for an endless supply of the best gear the game had to offer was ultimately moving towards a dead end.

In fact I agree, there are important changes to economy necessary to avoid having everybody using end-game equipp after few weeks.

Problem is, a) the "Old" corps allready have full stocks, so they don't care much about that change for the next weeks
b) that a gang of T4 equipped PvPler rules and therefore "new" players will never have a chance to come to a point where they can compete with equippment.
A 5-man Corp gets no chance to mine epitron and therefore has no reasonable access to the bots necessary to compete. Especially since the modification on EW-Mech neding Epitron and T4 equip needing Noralgis. This means the new player are forced to work as "slaves" for the old and established corps on beta for a long time to be on a compareable equipment level which would allow them to participate in PvP on a reasonable base.

To get this corrected you should not start with reducing access to T4 equip, but reduce effectiveness of the available equipment and introduce new  equippment which is really rare, so the gap between new corps and old corps closes instead of growing any further.

It is not good for the game if a player after 2 months has still no chance participating in the most part of the game without beeing either full member of an old corp or participate as silly target.

What this game needs is lowsec and faction warfare:) Seriously though, it has tons of potential, just needs some time to polish it and it'll be awesome.

The only issue that I have atm is that as a combat specced player, with only one character, I can't seem to make anough NIC to make PvP sustainable with the amount of time that I have available to play/farm.

This game should be free to play with microtransactions.

AnxietyAttack wrote:

player should be banned or charged for saying that.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
AnxietyAttack wrote:

+99, I will help you

AnxietyAttack wrote:

Weak troll...

It practically is free to play. Except for the people with 10 accounts.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Annihilator wrote:
AnxietyAttack wrote:

Bannings too good for them! I say we send them down to Davy Jones locker! ^^

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Campana wrote:

It practically is free to play. Except for the people with 10 accounts.

its like $6 a month. Even with five accounts that not much.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

This game needs some marketing.

Games from studios that cannot compete on the marketing budget front with the larger corporations need to rely on word-of-mouth, viral marketing. Taht's the job of all of us who enjoy this game... spread the word!

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

48 (edited by Purgatory 2011-02-20 14:21:31)

Marketting now is a bad idea, game needs to become MASSIVE, because right now it's barely an RPG, not an MMORPG. Need 5-10x bigger game world.

Purgatory wrote:

Marketting now is a bad idea, game needs to become MASSIVE, because right now it's barely an RPG, not an MMORPG. Need 5-10x bigger game world.

And how exactly will it become massive without any marketing ? Word of mouth won't do because it is a niche game aimed towards a niche playerbase.

Also, it will become harder and harder to get new players as more time passes due to the nature of EP system ("Come play our game and get creamed by the players that play since launch, that you will never ever be able to catch up with skill-wise!").

Myles Norvid wrote:

And how exactly will it become massive without any marketing ? Word of mouth won't do because it is a niche game aimed towards a niche playerbase.

Also, it will become harder and harder to get new players as more time passes due to the nature of EP system ("Come play our game and get creamed by the players that play since launch, that you will never ever be able to catch up with skill-wise!").

i think with massive, he was talking about what the game offers you, not the playerbase.
Because the world is so small (6 island), small variation of robots (6 classes *3 factions + industdrials -> one robot each.), small variation of equipment (1 small + 2 medium * 4 types)

while it summs up to a really big number of items overall, your availiable choices are limited once you have chosen your robot-color.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear