Topic: Perpetuum Intelligence Launches

Greetings, I am William Melville, CEO and Founder of Perpetuum Intelligence.

In response to various conversations and discussions, Perpetuum Intelligence has been established to provide a number of services which enhance and improve the ability for individuals, corporations and alliances to trade and operate.

The first step in this forward looking future is the establishment of a number of public forums for use by the community absolutely free. If you are interested in joining up, you can do so from our website...

Perpetuum Intelligence

By registering on the site, you will also be able to take advantage of other services such as:

• Deal brokerage

• Escrow Services

• Trusted Third Party Services

• Mediation Services

• Intelligence Collection

• Anonymous Intelligence Sales

and many more.....

Our service portfolio is constantly growing and we will also be providing a number of other intelligence services such as maps and tactical guides.

For more information, head on over to the site or join me and others in the 'PI Services' channel in-game.

Kind Regards

William Melville
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

William Melvile
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com

Re: Perpetuum Intelligence Launches

hope it works out for you. Good luck. If you get rich like chribba hook a brother up.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Looks reasonable if not a little dated but it's a nice idea. The community probably isn't ready for this but I can see this could really go far.

Would be nice to have people use both these forums for official reasons and those forums for their desperate need to chat to each other over a game.

Nice work though. There are a few of these out there just most of them are in hiding.

The Game

drastic coolness

I feel obligated to point users to this thread here.

Also, a reminder. DO NOT register for this forum with the same email you use for Perpetuum.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Also, a reminder. DO NOT register for this forum with the same email you use for Perpetuum.

Completely agree, use of any email account is absolutely valid. Please also note our guidance on registering with the site, please do not use any password associated with your Perpetuum accounts and please use common sense in choosing a safe and secure password.

All passwords are held in a secure database and the site currently utilises the PHPBB3 backend for all account mechanisms, you can read more on the security features of PHPBB3 on their site here PHPBB3.

All passwords are hashed such that they are not stored in the clear and no one, even the database admin, can retrieve those passwords, hence why you have to reset your password if you forget it.

William Melvile
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

William Melville wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

Completely agree, use of any email account is absolutely valid. Please also note our guidance on registering with the site, please do not use any password associated with your Perpetuum accounts and please use common sense in choosing a safe and secure password.

All passwords are held in a secure database and the site currently utilises the PHPBB3 backend for all account mechanisms, you can read more on the security features of PHPBB3 on their site here PHPBB3.

All passwords are hashed such that they are not stored in the clear and no one, even the database admin, can retrieve those passwords, hence why you have to reset your password if you forget it.

In the interest of full disclosure on this issue. William Melville is Kalsius Dakalsai of JOKE.

He was also active in this thread regarding the potential exploitation of email address's as Perpetuum login names.

I would NOT do business with a known griefer (JOKE) corp masquerading as a legitimate business (PI).

Try harder next time guys.

8 (edited by Campana 2011-02-15 23:09:59)

GLiMPSE wrote:

In the interest of full disclosure on this issue. William Melville is Kalsius Dakalsai of JOKE.

He was also active in this thread regarding the potential exploitation of email address's as Perpetuum login names.

Looking at Kalsius' post history, I don't see anything to support your insinuation that this is some attempt to get hold of people's email addresses.

As for him being a member of JOKE, that was already fairly obvious from Jita's efforts.

My guess is, Kalsius genuinely wants this to be a useful service for the community, but Jita thinks he can use it for the benefit of Norhoop. This is not because Jita is deliberately corrupt, but because he truly believes his actions will be best for the game community as a whole.

Edit: it's a shame, because I would like to see this kind of thing emerge.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

9 (edited by William Melville 2011-02-15 23:17:01)

GLiMPSE. you will note that PI was established before m tenure at JOKE and was actually instigated whilst I was a member of Quantum Demolitions.

In fact it was almost a month prior to me moving to JOKE due to the senior management of QD disappearing. My offer still stands, if you want to talk I am happy to do so.

Perpetuum Intelligence is a genuine attempt to provide an alternate means of communication to the community which is separate to what I do with Kalsius as a character.

I spent a huge amount of time in EVE as a respected player and have used the Kalsius handle in many games for a good few years. 

As regards your comment on the thread I was active in.. I stand behind what I said. using emails for logins is bad from a security point of view, something I know a signficant amount about.

My involvement with JOKE gave me the opportunity to stay on island when my previous corps folded. I have enjoyed my time there so far, even the fights we've had with yourselves.

However, it is of course your perogative to draw your own conclusions. I will continue to post using both chars as they serve differing purposes. Kalsius is my main, William is an alter ego interested in serving the community. If this somehow offends your sensibilities or principles, you are entitled to your feelings and opinions. I let others draw their own.

EDIT for Campana: Thank you, that is the intention and i will categorically state that neither Norhoop or JOKE have gotten anything free from PI. If they want some forum hosting, I have some very nice NIC based offerings tongue

William Melvile
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

It would have been more appropriate for you to disclose your affiliation to Jokers yourself. I'm afraid this is another dent - more serious this time - to your credibility, which should impact anyone's assessment of your trustworthiness.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

To keep all of this discussion linked together here are the 3 threads discussing this scam.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -launches/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … on-forums/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … still-can/

Deliberate attempt to smear someone doing something good for the game. Pathetic.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

As a friend of mine once said. Setting up a website is easy. Doing it correctly isn't too hard and doing it securely is probably not for the faint hearted. sad

The Game

I registered and began posting a couple things on this new forum. Looks real good. If there is even a chance that this new forum could be a communication device for serious PO players moderated so that the useless crap is minimized, and intelligent dialogues arent drowned, I'm all for it.

I know most of the trolls in this forum are actually intelligent adults, and maybe this official perpetuum forum I'm typing in now could be their avenue for the crap so they can get it out of their system and get their little jollies, and the PI forums could possibly be for the times when they wish a mature conversation, decide to be a little civil and actually promote a dialogue with some tact.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone. Disagreement and strife are what make the game interesting to me. I would just like to see debates and rhetoric that wasnt in such bad taste.

TBH if the PI forums took off and became strong, I would probably never read these forums again. The only reason I come here at all is to learn political information. It's like a chore similar to scrubbing a toilet. I know there is a large segment of the readers of THIS forum that feel the same way.

William Melville wrote:

Kalsius is my main, William is an alter ego interested in serving the community. If this somehow offends your sensibilities or principles, you are entitled to your feelings and opinions. I let others draw their own.

3 words:

Conflict of Interest.

So if someone is in an alliance they cannot provide services to the community? I will keep working at it, some will help, some will stay neutral, some will hate. Such is the life in games. I'm not the type of person to get all het up on alliance politics and the likes, others will do that. If I can provide some small service to the community I am a happy gamer, but I don't think that should impact on me being able to PvP and have fun with friends.

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/

Kalsius Dakalsai wrote:

So if someone is in an alliance they cannot provide services to the community? I will keep working at it, some will help, some will stay neutral, some will hate. Such is the life in games. I'm not the type of person to get all het up on alliance politics and the likes, others will do that. If I can provide some small service to the community I am a happy gamer, but I don't think that should impact on me being able to PvP and have fun with friends.

Lol.. guy that lives down the street from Jita think's he can be neutral to forum politics...

Epic lol..

There are enough unsuspecting players who don't read these boards, he's bound to be able to fool some of them smile

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

Just want to put a big shout out to the M2S guys bumping the threads. Hopefully some more soon, keep bumping big_smile

"like Kalsius, a shameless carebear and jitalover" - Syndic
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com/killboard/