Topic: inverse MKII Variant Robots

Whats the difference between an arkhe, an intakt and a gropho?

Yes, its a different model, different animations and different numbers in its price/resources and abilities.

So, since certain robots are primarily used in roamings and others in intrusions and possible again other bot types on still to come objectives - i feel the perceptioned variety of bots reduced by seeing always the same.

Now instead of changing the current mechanics to achieve a wider spread of bots being used for different purposes - a simple thing could change all of that.

If there were MKII (or whatever) variants of each robot having the inverse abilities of the normal MKI ones - you suddenly could use heavy armored Prometheus' in intrusions or Intakt speed like light Tyrannos for roamings.

In a first step these variants could have a different color tough to make them kinda distinguishable and later could have their own models (heavy spiders/light built mechs).

MKII variants of lights would have a comparable price/resource req. like MKI mechs and vice versa.

Re: inverse MKII Variant Robots

Redline wrote:

Whats the difference between an arkhe, an intakt and a gropho?

Yes, its a different model, different animations and different numbers in its price/resources and abilities.

So, since certain robots are primarily used in roamings and others in intrusions and possible again other bot types on still to come objectives - i feel the perceptioned variety of bots reduced by seeing always the same.

Now instead of changing the current mechanics to achieve a wider spread of bots being used for different purposes - a simple thing could change all of that.

If there were MKII (or whatever) variants of each robot having the inverse abilities of the normal MKI ones - you suddenly could use heavy armored Prometheus' in intrusions or Intakt speed like light Tyrannos for roamings.

In a first step these variants could have a different color tough to make them kinda distinguishable and later could have their own models (heavy spiders/light built mechs).

MKII variants of lights would have a comparable price/resource req. like MKI mechs and vice versa.

Please remove your pants from your head.

So you enjoy Tom & Jerry online much?

Redline wrote:

So you enjoy Tom & Jerry online much?

Did that finally release?

Praise jesus.

It is a blessing that our players are players and not designers smile

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

I'm gonna bash your head in with my Argano MKII

->You just lost The Game<-

Heckle wrote:

It is a blessing that our players are players and not designers smile

I am tongue

You are designing a different game than Perpetuum. Maybe you should start from scratch making a new one, rather than trying to make this one into the vision in your head smile

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

Well - i point out weaknesses when it comes to reaching more players without sacrificing anything.

The change could be a money sink for a certain group of people - and add more diversity to the look and feel of battles.

Also - it could be of tactical usage not immediately knowing what kind of bot/mech the opponent is using. mki or mkx

But overall - it doesnt take anything away - and the additions are fairly easy to make.

wie need moar bots!!! a large selection of bots.

each faction needs at least three new ones per class.

not only variations of existing ones.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

such things were already mentioned on devs blog, jsut...wait wink

Have a productive day, Runner

Yes i know - was hoping for the MKII or whatever variants to become something special rather then just a linear upgrade.

uh yeah...just hope it will not change our topics too "intakt mk II is too OP" lol

Have a productive day, Runner

yes, arkhe mk2 for armour tank!