Re: The Truth behind Insurance Fraud - Dev. Misconduct & Player Injustice

i don't care even if you lost EVERYTHING. if you know other ways to get some NIC's (and you mentioned that) - u better go and get them. no need to post here, really.

guys, you KNEW that was a little wrong, don't you?

Have a productive day, Runner

Line wrote:

i don't care even if you lost EVERYTHING. if you know other ways to get some NIC's (and you mentioned that) - u better go and get them. no need to post here, really.

guys, you KNEW that was a little wrong, don't you?

You do care, just a little bit dont you? wink

nah just laughing about all these posts and waiting you guys back with yer tasty roaming gangs yarr

Have a productive day, Runner

In summary:
* Those players that utilized this mechanic aren't upset because they lost some NIC, they're upset about the way the situation was handled, specifically the name calling, bashing, and inability of others, either by wanton disregard or by simple incompetence, to understand that point. 
* The DEV's are upset, from what I can surmise, because those players appeared to intentionally over use this mechanic for personal and corporate gain, and the inability of the players to understand that point.

So I recommend everyone either learn a little empathy (Empathy is the capacity to recognize and, to some extent, share feelings that are being experienced by another semi-sentient being.-wikipedia) and move on, or this arguement/discussion will continue endlessly till either the ban-hammer or the /quit extension is used.

*Note* I haven't heard anything about us leaving the game as of yet.  In fact, all I've heard so far is that we still intend to keep on playing the best way we know how, and that's evident in our PVP.

Common sense is the least common of all the senses.

Bastian Croft wrote:

I'm kinda curious what would happen to the political climate of this  game if Infestation just up and left it one day.

I wonder that myself a lot too Bastian.

Every person playing this game outside of Infestation needs to zerg up and come after us. Grow a pair. You want the NIC, you want the items? Come get it.

Don't be a *** and wine behind locked doors to a dev about a game mechanism that anyone could use. That's some chicken ***. Get organized, and try to take us out. Or go play farmville on Facebook or something...

yarr

Anyone could have think to blow up a bot for a little extra NIC in time of need. Not everyone would make an industry out of this. Scale does matter. No big list of rules and regulations about every little aspect of the game mechanics is necessary. Plain common sense should suffice.
If you want to be treated as adults, you need to behave as such. Stop whining, stop mumbling silly excuses and accept the consequences of your actions like men.

This conversation is not constructive, it's a waste of time and it's boring. Get on with your lives and let the devs carry on making this game better and free of exploits.

Myrion wrote:

Anyone could have think to blow up a bot for a little extra NIC in time of need. Not everyone would make an industry out of this. Scale does matter. No big list of rules and regulations about every little aspect of the game mechanics is necessary. Plain common sense should suffice.
If you want to be treated as adults, you need to behave as such. Stop whining, stop mumbling silly excuses and accept the consequences of your actions like men.

This conversation is not constructive, it's a waste of time and it's boring. Get on with your lives and let the devs carry on making this game better and free of exploits.

Myrion cares as well, see how many people care about this devs

p.s. Why did you delete my blatent job application!

58 (edited by Black Flag 2011-02-17 16:47:49)

Black Flag wrote:

* Those players that utilized this mechanic aren't upset because they lost some NIC, they're upset about the way the situation was handled, specifically the name calling, bashing, and inability of others, either by wanton disregard or by simple incompetence, to understand that point.

Myrion wrote:

This proves my point.

Myrion wrote:

Then why are you feeding it?

Common sense is the least common of all the senses.

Myrion wrote:

Anyone could have think to blow up a bot for a little extra NIC in time of need. Not everyone would make an industry out of this. Scale does matter.

What are you smoking man? Scale does not matter?? So are you saying just because we played the game as we were suppose to, and grew a large dominate alliance/corp we were the only ones to be punished by this?

rofl

You sound like the federal government when it comes to personal income tax.
big_smile

60 (edited by Gremrod 2011-02-17 17:33:37)

@Dev Zoom.

So all the insurance fraud nic used to place buy orders for commodities and the users that sold them to those buy orders and received the "NOW" deemed illegal NIC.

Will the DEV team take time to trace the logs for that nic and remove it from the sellers wallets?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

@Dev Zoom.

So all the insurance fraud nic used to place buy orders for commodities and the users that sold them to those buy orders and received the "NOW" deemed illegal NIC.

Will the DEV team take time to trace the logs for that nic and remove it from the sellers wallets?

if they do that, they would also have to remove the stuff that was probably built out of those commodities that you have bought with illegal NIC - like those masses of sequer, and probably even more items...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

@Dev Zoom.

if they do that, they would also have to remove the stuff that was probably built out of those commodities that you have bought with illegal NIC - like those masses of sequer, and probably even more items...

Might as well wipe the game and start over right?

63 (edited by Jelan 2011-02-17 17:45:40)

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

@Dev Zoom.

Take the blue pill for god sake, take the blue.

Yep a lot of industrialists have got rich off of our Insurance Fraud Pyramid Scheme, i think thats called money laundering and now its time to make all those fences pay up, come on, hand over that NIC!

So whose worse, Bankers for ruining the economy or pond life insurance scammers?

EDIT: OMFG, ROLLBACK TO 3 WEEKS BEFORE LAUNCH, ITS TEH ONLY WAY!

That would be fun, until the many Beta players burned out and ragequit. tongue

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

exploiting troll is exploiting.

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

@Dev Zoom.

Hmmm.

btw, im still searching the post where M2S mentioned the exploit-possibility of the insurance system during beta.

all i find is more or less a completely different approach to what happened here.
only - omg i dont want to say it - maynards complaints about the system turned into reality.

also, i don't find any quote here on the live-forums about any insurance exploit warning.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

btw, im still searching the post where M2S mentioned the exploit-possibility of the insurance system during beta

Yes, because forums is the only form of communication. Ohh wait.

I think the insurance fraud was more of a stimulus package for the economy. smile

Gremrod wrote:

I think the insurance fraud was more of a stimulus package for the economy. smile

Indeed. Look at the market today, how dead it is. And that's after Infestation already injected billions and billions of NIC into the market. Remember, all that NIC which was spent on minerals wasn't removed. Imagine the current market without it. It'd be still in it's infancy stage.

its as stimulating as the situation during beta was, that led to the big wipe...

If printing money would be good for an economy, why don't we start that in real life?
Why did the world economy break down after the Lehman Brother incident?

the game economy went into depression after 3 month of (exploit)boom, now after all methods to gain NIC got reduced for new player - the real ingame economy build-up can start.

Annihilator wrote:

If printing money would be good for an economy, why don't we start that in real life?

It was a joke and also what do you think the freakin US gov. did with their stimulus packages. Oh lets print more currency that will fix things..... Yeah right....

73 (edited by Master of Panic 2011-02-17 18:31:48)

IMO ehe Correct way to handle such an affair is:

Player Side:
Write email to DEVS explaining a possible exploit.
Make sure they aknowledge it.
Wait for a reasonable period (from 1 to 4 weeks).
If the devs don't respond, execute the exploit but record the numbers carefully.
Do not take personal advantage of any earnings. Stash it all away in a specific account.
After you have enough data to present the devs, stop exploiting.
Send new email with all pertinent data (exploit mechanics, people involved, time spent, acquired sum/items, etc).
Calculate your average earnings per hour and multiply by the number of hours spent, themselves multiplied by a reasonable bonus factor (say 150-200%).
Make a credit transfer to a DEV/GM char with the acquired sum MINUS the previous number.
I'm sure that any DEV/GM will react if they receive 1 Billion NIC...

DEV/PUB SIDE:
Upon detecting an exploit, approach the perpetrators and initiate dialogue.
Never name people on media.
Correct bugs/failed mechanics.
If we're talking about a pure exploit without any type of warning from the players, remove all currency from involved accounts and temporarily ban them. Second offense will mean permanent ban.
If there's a little doubt and the exploit can be attributed to a failed game mechanic... Remove all currency/items from the accounts, determine average earning/hour multiply by online hours (a statistic most publishers keep for each individual player) and restitute that amount.

After everything is sorted in this manner, deal with any possible mistakes made while enforcing corrections for a reasonable period of time (1 week).

My 2 cents.

EDIT: I actually went through such a process and things were handled so well by both sides that a new bit of lore was introduced to the game and we kept a fair amount of game currency as bonus. If you're curious: the game was JumpGate (EU server) and the new lore was the "Octavian Veteran's Day" and the mechanics involved conquering 95% of space with 12 pilots versus well over 300 adversaries (something NEARLY impossible to do) and the proceedings were 1Billion credits roughly 5 days into release.

to bad, you cant transfer nic to a GM, because a certain corp spammed them with 1-NIC transfers

Annihilator wrote:

How little you know about real life economy...