Topic: Escrow system

Hi DEVs,

Hopefully you are already working on a solution, but would just like to remind you we really need a system where I can trade items with other players while they are not online.

For a small fee of few hundred NIC players would be able to put items on the escrow for another player or even for their corporation, so the other party would be able to receive the items anytime they log in.

This would also supplement the Market, where sellers and buyers are anonymous. On the escrow market the sellers would be known, so if a corporation wants to build up a customer base for them selfs, build a brand, they have the tool to do it.

Industrial Junkie

Re: Escrow system

/signed

This would be a great feature for the game but would be easily scammed. I like the idea of making it limited to corporations to start with so you have an internal market (Wouldn't want to mess up those insurance averages now would we?) and see how it goes from there.

Items for items trades as well items for NIC trades would be great. Would it be extension based though? Would it need to be? I like the idea of a global escrow. Might even get used more than the market. Should be able to limit items to player names as well. smile

The Game

There is a use currently for alts, that is having 1 main and 2 alts at each of the main terminals so if someone puts an item on the market cheaply, you can log onto that alt and purchase it quickly. It just becomes a hassle figuring out a way to get that item from one character to another, and to also send NIC to that alt for purchasing purposes.

Not sure making this easier is a good thing, not saying if this is being done its bad, because there is a certain level of effort as it is now.

If it was implemented, there should still be the need for the player to pickup the item in escrow at the same location it was escrowed at; or that would make moving stuff between terminals too easy.