Topic: Get out of this toilet of a forum while you still can

Due to the devs seeming unwilling ness to make this forum a place anyone would want to be a significant portion of the playerbase will be registering for http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com and using their forums for recruitment, battlereports, bot fittings and such.

I for one would like a place where we can talk like adults about a game we enjoy without the usual rubbish on here.

I hope to see you all there.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Get out of this toilet of a forum while you still can

The "report this post" links are there for a reason. Use them please.

3 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-02-15 19:42:05)

Jita wrote:

Due to the devs seeming unwilling ness to make this forum a place anyone would want to be a significant portion of the playerbase will be registering for http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com and using their forums for recruitment, battlereports, bot fittings and such.

I for one would like a place where we can talk like adults about a game we enjoy without the usual rubbish on here.

Guys, I just returned from taking a *** and thinking about Jita... and by extension this idea of a new forum...

I would like to caution anyone considering registering for this forum to NOT use the same email as you do for any of your Perpetuum accounts.

Furthermore, I would strongly recommend accessing it via a proxy server as to not reveal your IP address to the webmaster.

Jita has been known to be an intelligent but fiery tempered individual with a significant amount of knowledge in IT. Crossing him, whilst giving him lots of information about who you are and what username your accounts are logged into is nothing but a bad idea.

I wish him luck but at the same time caution the community.

Be careful out there.

Regards,
GLiMPSE™

Norhoop has an alliance forum now. Congrats.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

5 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-02-15 19:43:43)

Double post. Sorry

Yes, lets by all means spread out the community.

If you have an issue with moderation, you need to speak to the moderators. Send Dev Zoom or Recogniser a PM outlining all your issues with the way the forum moderation is handled.

Also yeah...report button.

In my opinion, this forum is a pretty good one. I think this is partly because the community is small...as it grows it will get a lot harder to handle. But for now (particularly for a sandbox pvp game which attracts aggressive forum trolls like flies to honey) it's pretty good.

Remember, moderating can only do so much. It can encourage a tone, it can't force a community to change it's nature.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

its the difference between scrapheap's war and politics and caod. One is worth reading, the other is like this.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Awww... I'm sure your contributions will be sorely missed on these boards.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)

Basically Jita on a power trip, nothing to see here. Move along sir.
You go on there, anything he doesn't like gets silenced.

There is very little even worth talking about on the forums. Come in-game and talk to people and help out the new players smile

The Game

This feels like a big Jita-style troll aimed at Infestation. I doubt he is truly expecting to set up an alternative forum, he's just making a point. You would need a bigger game population to get it off the ground anyway.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

a significant portion of the playerbase

Apparently that means 5.

->You just lost The Game<-

GLiMPSE wrote:
Jita wrote:

Guys, I just returned from taking a *** and thinking about Jita... and by extension this idea of a new forum...

I would like to caution anyone considering registering for this forum to NOT use the same email as you do for any of your Perpetuum accounts.

Furthermore, I would strongly recommend accessing it via a proxy server as to not reveal your IP address to the webmaster.

Jita has been known to be an intelligent but fiery tempered individual with a significant amount of knowledge in IT. Crossing him, whilst giving him lots of information about who you are and what username your accounts are logged into is nothing but a bad idea.

I wish him luck but at the same time caution the community.

Be careful out there.

Regards,
GLiMPSE™

actually i suck at IT making forums and even have trouble setting up a decent teamspeak server big_smile. The advice he gives is good though, certainly you would want to use a different email and password to the one your linking your account to. Thats got to be standard for anything game related thats not the game. No idea how you'd use a prxy but dont see why not.

Jita wrote:

a significant portion of the playerbase will be registering for...

Wow.

you can bet, every m2s troll will sign up wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

17 (edited by Alexander 2011-02-15 20:05:47)

Annihilator wrote:

*Edit* Noo.. Why would we do that? Some of us do have the near unlimited email accounts, password options and of course an IP changeable at the drop of a hate.. But we'd never do that.

The Game

Annihilator wrote:

I hope they do tbh. I just hope that if they step too far out of line they get moderated. I wouldn't want a forum to be troll free but i think folks have a right to recruit in peace, expect battle reports to be talked about constructively (again, look at war and politics in scrapheap, it works) and have discussions that can stay on topic. Not too much to ask.

Of course what i want is probably gonna be different to what the perpetuum intelligence team wants but hopefully its on the same kind of lines.

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

I hope they do tbh. I just hope that if they step too far out of line they get moderated. I wouldn't want a forum to be troll free but i think folks have a right to recruit in peace, expect battle reports to be talked about constructively (again, look at war and politics in scrapheap, it works) and have discussions that can stay on topic. Not too much to ask.

Of course what i want is probably gonna be different to what the perpetuum intelligence team wants but hopefully its on the same kind of lines.

Ouch.. you just got put in the section no one gives a *** about sad

Wish you luck.

Devs maybe think that troll post is troll?

I know there is no way to categorically prove that this character is not controlled by any poster above but I can categorically state that this character is NOT controlled by any notable character in this game and that perpetuum intelligence was established for a simple reason, to provide additional services to the community. The public forum bit has only been implemented in the last few days at the request of certain persons.

I am not going to say I don't know other people in this game, I do. However, as a mature gamer, I understand the separation between RL and game. As part of this, I have also emailed a number of notable persons requesting an interview which I have offered full editorial oversight to prior to publication. This invite has been sent to members of many corporations and I hope some take up the offer.

PI is not tied to any alliance, it is independant and will operate as such. That said, given my RL job, I would echo the points made by GLiMPSE and point to the page we have stating specifically NOT to use your Perpetuum password for the site. Using an alternate email address is of course your choice and if available I have no issue with that either. Its all part of good internet safety.

Many thanks.

William Melville
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

William Melvile
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com

William Melville wrote:

I know there is no way to categorically prove that this character is not controlled by any poster above but I can categorically state that this character is NOT controlled by any notable character in this game and that perpetuum intelligence was established for a simple reason, to provide additional services to the community. The public forum bit has only been implemented in the last few days at the request of certain persons.

I am not going to say I don't know other people in this game, I do. However, as a mature gamer, I understand the separation between RL and game. As part of this, I have also emailed a number of notable persons requesting an interview which I have offered full editorial oversight to prior to publication. This invite has been sent to members of many corporations and I hope some take up the offer.

PI is not tied to any alliance, it is independant and will operate as such. That said, given my RL job, I would echo the points made by GLiMPSE and point to the page we have stating specifically NOT to use your Perpetuum password for the site. Using an alternate email address is of course your choice and if available I have no issue with that either. Its all part of good internet safety.

Many thanks.

William Melville
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

Obvious long-con is obvious.

Even if it were the case that you are unrelated to Jita, as far as I'm concerned his endorsement of your proposed communications forum has completely undermined your credibility.
On the off chance that you were truly independent, you have him to thank for blowing up your plans.

Whilst his enthusiastic posting may be seen counter productive in some eyes, as a famous man once said, all press is good press.

The site will stand or fall on its merits, not necessarily the individual actions of certain contributors. As above, I hope to provide a means for those who wish to voice their own opinions in a suitable manner. If they do not wish to, that is entirely their own choice.

To GLiMPSE, I will happily discuss openly with yourself either in game or on a TeamSpeak of your choice. Trust in online games is fragile at best, this is evidenced by actions in many MMO's. I leave it to the individual to make their own decisions in life, I do not pretend to have any influence or desire over other peoples actions in this world.

Many thanks.

William Melville
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence

William Melvile
CEO, Founder
Perpetuum Intelligence
http://www.perpetuum-intelligence.com

To keep all of this discussion linked together here are the 3 threads discussing this scam.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -launches/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … on-forums/

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … still-can/