Topic: My Game Freezes when trying to load character:

1st, is there really no way to create a ticket?  I don't see a way from the log in screen... and can't get into the game to see if there is an 'in game' method.. but don't see any  way to make a ticket on the web site either... this 'bugs' forum is the closest I see.

so first question is - can some one direct me to 'support' like a ticket or perhaps a phone #?

second question is - is there a work around or solution for this issue?

I created a character on an account that I have been paying for sense shortly after launch, I took advantage of the 'EP refund' and deleted all my toons, I didn't create a new character untill a day or two ago.

- upon my first log in, I could see my newly created character, however, when I tried to log in, the game would 'hang' on a black screen.

- I tried clearing what look like cash files, same result.

- I restarted my computer, and upon attempting to log in, I did see the message briefly on screen that said something like "Deploying to plannet" or "Deploying..." what ever it says when you leave the main hanger base area, to deploy to your bot.

I thought perhaps waiting a day or so might help, but so far, no change, I still hang, when I try to connect from the character selection area.

(by hang, I mean, that I can wait indefinitley looking at a black screen (I left it on over night once, or if I click around in the screen, or try to exit, I get the 'program is not responding, do you wish to wait, or exit' windows prompt.

Can anyone help? (or direct me to where to get some ... um..  support?)

Re: My Game Freezes when trying to load character:

oh ya... other accounts can log in fine.

and - after I started having this problem, I moved the files to it's own directory, deleted what I 'think' are cache files (they recreated upon trying to run the game,) and tried running this from it's own directory. 

no results other than what I listed above.

thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

3 (edited by Ercin 2011-02-15 10:02:05)

I edited this out cause I was ashamed of my QQ'ing ways... :-P

I'm just frustrated cause I can't log in...

Look for a GM in the general or help chat channels. PM him there. That usually works.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

you tried deleting the Perpetuum.gbf file in the folder i suppose and reinstalling the game. how's your progress now? is it still blank?