Re: Ore calculator (among other things)

the problem is the ME rating of the factory is just your total percentage towards the max provided by your extensions <IE, 60%> and not the actual number that is applied to the manufacturing run.  so if your ME shows as 50% what that means is you have 30% bonus efficiency to apply to the cycle.  I wasn't sure if your calculation was taking that into effect.  <this is also the reason why each lvl of efficiency seems to raise your ME by 3% instead of 2%>

Problem of 3-4% output mismatch seems to hides in C++ and IEEE 754 floating point math representation. Dev's seems use single precision float type arithmetic w/o rounding correction turned on in header, so its quantilization error. I got some very close results with IEEE 754 compatible calculator single precision floats.

Any progress on the formulas guys?
Since it makes no sense at all it's kinda hard to know what to buy to produce...

29 (edited by Hainin 2011-02-14 15:00:51)

What if the % of a "virgin" CT is a rounded off number aswell? e.g. instead of 50%, anywhere in the range of 49,50% - 50,49%?

What if the 2% skill increase is not exactly 2%, but say: 1,92%?

Another thing I noticed which might be of help, I extracted a virgin 50% ct with no skills and it turned to 45% in private storage. Then I put it back in the factory and it changed to 44%...

virgin ct is 50.00000000000%

at least my calculations have been about 99,9% correct for a virgin CT.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear