Topic: Worth it?

Is this game worth getting into? Am I too far behind to start now, or is it all good? Do I need to craft? I am not one for crafting, so can I play this without ever having to touch it?

Thanks

2 (edited by ElGamal 2011-02-13 01:06:56)

Re: Worth it?

Sure - pure combat/pvp characters are viable and can make enough money to maintain their income.

The game is fresh 11 weeks - very smooth release and stable game. Itll provide enough conetnt for some month if you hurry the game - and new stuff is coming in.

But again - its a new game - cant compare it to the ones that are out there for years content or playerbase wise.

If you liked eve for a reason this is kinda similar - and not. But its cheap anough to give it a try - no buying costs - ~9 euro a month.

edit: we also have nice forum trolls!

Just bought the game. Looks good. I can understand it being a new game, that it may lack polish. That ok with me though, as long as the devs don't give up.

Devs seem good here too, see them posting on the forums and I have heard they make regular apparences in game. That is cool smile

Also, who doesn't love those dedicated forum trolls smile

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/

here youll find updates and also update history since the release.

Great game and as you said its new so big chance to see improvements first hand and to enjoy fresh alliances being made and destroyed. Awesome game imo, the more players the better too

The game is still young, so the time is still very ripe to join now. Also, the dev blogs are awesome too !

As said the game is young. Find what you want to do and then use the account reset if you're unhappy if you need it. smile

Combat works and is very profitable but will involve a lot of NPC's farming and friends. Friends will help you get far and teach you how to play.

The Game

You will quickly find that the pve is pretty mundane, even if you stick at it eventually your forced to the PvP islands.  Which, isnt a negative thing at all, its pretty much what the game is all about.

So, the only real "catching up" you need to do is to read up about the major powers on these islands, so called 'alliances' made up of corps who band together to help each other.

There has been a lot shifts and changes in this 'political' landscape so its worth reading up and deciding which 'side' you want to take wink

Gl.