Re: Rollback (N-A)

I totally mined for 6 hours instead of being with my family on Thanksgiving... listen to my QQ as I'm you're largest paying demographic roll

TysonRH wrote:

I totally mined for 6 hours instead of being with my family on Thanksgiving... listen to my QQ as I'm you're largest paying demographic roll

People who ignore their families is their largest demographic?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

i lost 6 hours GUARDING the miners...

you don't see me crying lol

The devs managed it in the good way, they were reacting quickly, now the bug is solved, and we lost only 6 hours.

I think its the first issue since pre release. to the op, everybody was effected, to a greater or lesser degree.

Honestly, thats mmo land for you, happens all the time.

Suck it up ladies, and get on and play the game!

i will say
GREAT JOB DEVS
its another sign that u care about your game and community
6h is nothing
rollbacks are needed and healthy for game when we meet major bug/exploit
people will cry one day and will play
but if DEV's do noting and leave bug/exploit without fix game will fail in 100%
look at Vanguard and Darkfall Online
those games didnt fail because bugs - they fail because their devs dont give a *** about their product
ruined economy, ruined balance between new and old players

32 (edited by Qual 2010-11-26 13:12:39)

Arkan wrote:

i will say
GREAT JOB DEVS
its another sign that u care about your game and community
6h is nothing
rollbacks are needed and healthy for game when we meet major bug/exploit
people will cry one day and will play
but if DEV's do noting and leave bug/exploit without fix game will fail in 100%
look at Vanguard and Darkfall Online
those games didnt fail because bugs - they fail because their devs dont give a *** about their product
ruined economy, ruined balance between new and old players

Funny thing is that stEVE never did it. Not even once. They allways found another way out. Rollbacks are a quickfix that serves the devs better than the players. Up until now I have had no issues with how AC have handled various bugs, but this one I feel they shold get strong reaction for the players for. If people keep the 'get over it' mentality it will only encurage the devs to take the easy way out when the next bug happens.

And oh yeah, dear Americans: Not everyone have that Thanks Giving thing. SO yeah, we where actually playing.

Qual wrote:

Funny thing is that stEVE never did it. Not even once.

Hmm.

Qual wrote:

If people keep the 'get over it' mentality it will only encurage the devs to take the easy way out when the next bug happens.

no you take it wrong
bugs happens - and in this case dev's showed us they wanted to fix it
it failed - maybe because it would take too long and will cause 1/2 days maintenance or it was impossible
we can be mad if this will happen every week but i played few weeks of open beta and week after release and game is in great condition and gm's and dev's are doing great job
they had great start imo
never seen better - and i played a lot of games

and i still think that its better to make small rollback than leave bug/exploit not repaired or partially repaired

Arkan wrote:

and i still think that its better to make small rollback than leave bug/exploit not repaired or partially repaired

Totally agree with that!

Actually Eve did do a rollback, just a few days after launch.

Guess you should have spent that 6 hours with some one you care about. I'm glad I did. Patch day = don't play much that day. Rollbacks happen, you can take it in stride or you can quit, no one here cares if you quit. If you would quit over this, then your unstable and would find something else to quit over. Sounds like your playing the game too much for your own good. As in find different things to be doing, your too emotionally involved with the game.

Sad Panda wrote:
Qual wrote:

Hmm.

Well played sir.

Also stop calling it stEVE. You're not being clever.

its done its over stop pissing and moaning like little *** and let it go already damn.

Devs are awesome they are on the ball. I see great things in the future for this game.

go go go DEVs yaaaa

LugNut wrote:

Cry, cry some more, a little pouting, more crying and some erage.

--Lug

Can i have your stuff whinebag?

lol 6 hrs mining and u had enough to cook 7 mechs using arganos... mayb had enough titan ..mybe..... get over it we hve guy in our mining division mining for 12 hrs straight.. while watching boondocks.. didnt hear shyt bout them qq. yeah we lost mats fo 20 small shield gens. it happens . jus a day behind schedule.. besides u in that big of a rush to get into mechs withso little ep spent... a high skille assault will take u out 1 on 1... see ya on the battlefield.. in a mech i hope smile

LugNut wrote:

If you had mined your butt off to produce 7 mechs you wouldn't be very happy either.  Nevermind you loose the CT.  It represents everything I had worked so hard for since the game started.  I can take the loss of a bot due to lag/cpu spike whatever.  But to loose 7 mechs because someone is too lazy to fix it properly isn't going to cut it with me.  If you have EP issues, fine reset the EP back to day one for everyone.  Even if you have to do it by hand...

But to loose all the effort I put into this up until this point is unacceptable.  I'm probably in the top 10 people that are most active in this game (nevermind I don't post in forums or general chat).  I'm afraid I'm going to have to reconsider playing this gave if that's the type of thing that happens even occasionaly.  As I said, I don't mind loosing a bot on occasion due to whatever issue but to loose 7 mechs is another.

I appreciate the active dev's and gm's in this game and that isn't often seen but I'm afarid you may have lost my $70/mt. 

--Lug

Bai, can I haz your stuff?

Amlodhi wrote:
Sad Panda wrote:
Qual wrote:

Hmm.

Well played sir.

Also stop calling it stEVE. You're not being clever.

He's not trying to be clever. It's a Perpetuum meme from beta. You must be new around here, welcome to perpetuum, and I'm impressed/annoyed you managed to make an avatar even uglier than mine.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.