Topic: Ghost Town

Title says it all.  This game has become a Ghost Town.  I don't see how it can hang on at this point.

Re: Ghost Town

I like ghosts. Are there any trolls in your town too?

Just as well there isn't much land mass. I'm waiting for the real reason to play/PVP, player structures.

Alpha is very quiet, but there's still some life out in the beta islands.

POS... yes please.

Um sure he wanted to say goat town.

It's because half the server was sitting under an Infestation outpost earlier this evening.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

Once again, we (Infestation Alliance) apologize for being the cool, popular, people in school.

Sorry that everyone wants to come to our party and not yours...

Sad Panda wrote:

I like ghosts. Are there any trolls in your town too?

Laughter... There are always Trolls around... ^^  I have noticed that there do seem to be fewer people around.  Some of the more popular locations have been vacant for days.  Roamed around a bit, and not seen more than a handful of people so far.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

The lack of insurance at the moment is a disaster to be honest. This exploit is a pretty big (and blindingly obvious, I thought) oversight and couldn't come at a worse time for the game's general health.

My only other issue is the lack of communication.

So far all we've heard from devs is that stealth is here, artillery is in development (no ETA), more islands are coming (no ETA), POS is coming (no ETA). Don't need exact dates, but zero communication tends to make people think that these developments could be pretty far off, perhaps over a year. Most of the Dev and GM correspondence to players has been to moderate, with varying levels of professionalism mixed with cynicism. I guess that's expected with an indie developer, but maybe that's something they could also work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhhSBgd3KI

Euphoric wrote:

The lack of insurance at the moment is a disaster to be honest. This exploit is a pretty big (and blindingly obvious, I thought) oversight and couldn't come at a worse time for the game's general health.

My only other issue is the lack of communication.

So far all we've heard from devs is that stealth is here, artillery is in development (no ETA), more islands are coming (no ETA), POS is coming (no ETA). Don't need exact dates, but zero communication tends to make people think that these developments could be pretty far off, perhaps over a year. Most of the Dev and GM correspondence to players has been to moderate, with varying levels of professionalism mixed with cynicism. I guess that's expected with an indie developer, but maybe that's something they could also work on.

It has been announced multiple times that the next weeks and months will be spent on pve content - and by saying weeks on months also a timeline is being announced, otherwiese the term weeks wouldnt have been used.

Also - the arty thingy has been advertised with screenshots as work in progress  - so zero communication is a quiet different thingy - that would be if youd here nothing within months - but here we get to know stuff on a daily basis.

Oh yay, PvE content just what this game needs.

roll

13 (edited by Euphoric 2011-02-11 16:37:43)

Redline wrote:

It has been announced multiple times that the next weeks and months will be spent on pve content

Where?

I'm looking over the developer blog, and while it has alot of cool details on Noralgis, player routes on Alphas, and how they generate maps, but I don't see any ETAs.

Maybe they've said things in General chat in-game or as responses to individual posts here on the forums, but that's not exactly an official announcement of anything. I've heard my own share of whisperings, too.

My observation is that the developers don't have a way to disseminate this information. I'm not saying that the developers don't have a vision. I'm saying that they aren't sharing it effectively.

Euphoric wrote:
Redline wrote:

It has been announced multiple times that the next weeks and months will be spent on pve content

Where?

I'm looking over the developer blog, and while it has alot of cool details on Noralgis, player routes on Alphas, and how they generate maps, but I don't see any ETAs.

Maybe they've said things in General chat in-game or as responses to individual posts here on the forums, but that's not exactly an official announcement of anything. I've heard my own share of whisperings, too.

My observation is that the developers don't have a way to disseminate this information. I'm not saying that the developers don't have a vision. I'm saying that they aren't sharing it effectively.

Would you rather they sit on the forums and talk vision, strategy, 5 year plan... or use the limited resources they have and work towards implementing whilst still making a reasonable attempt to keep you informed (dev blog).

You've got to make some concessions here... you can't have your cake and eat it too... they are a small team that has and continues to accomplish a great deal with limited resources.

LOL. I don't need a damn dissertation. I don't need anything. The community needs info.

"arty 4months, POS 1-3 years, go away" would be an epic and helpful dev post.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/18381/#p18381

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

17 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-02-11 20:57:45)

Double posted:(

Euphoric wrote:

LOL. I don't need a damn dissertation. I don't need anything. The community needs info.

"arty 4months, POS 1-3 years, go away" would be an epic and helpful dev post.

Allow me to post on their behalf. And they can just silently agree by not responding.

"POS's - Soon™; Arty - Sooner™; Other stuff - Soonest™"

GLiMPSE wrote:

Double posted:(

-10 CoolPoints™ for being a forum noob?

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

haha fair enough

GLiMPSE wrote:

"POS's - Soon™; Arty - Sooner™; Other stuff - Soonest™"

That sounds about right smile

22 (edited by Yuis 2011-02-11 22:18:59)

we need more players!!
We need more:
-15d game free trial!
-"invite a friend and get a free bot!" hahah
-"reactivate your account and get"....mmm cookie?
-"get ban and get  +10 GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ " big_smile

23 (edited by GLiMPSE 2011-02-11 22:26:55)

Yuis wrote:

we need more players!!
We need more:
-15d game free trial!

CoolPoints™ will not be awarded for getting banned -- only the banner has the chance for earning CoolPoints™

"To get Cool™ -- don't be a tool!"

This will be my new marketing campaign.

Way to turn that frown upside down!

Yuis wrote:

we need more players!!
We need more:
-15d game free trial!

I strongly agree towards free trials, market is stale, islands are empty. I got 3 month subscriptions on all 5 of my accounts but only time there is something to sell is when ecorp gets a blob wiped tongue