1 (edited by Rob Anybody 2011-02-05 06:02:24)

Topic: Incubators And PvP

I really, really, really, really feel that harvesting from incubators on Alpha should only be possible when you are flagged. 

There are already plenty of ways for overly cautious people to make money..  This, I feel , would "liven" things up a bit, without forcing people to participate if they did not want to.

Re: Incubators And PvP

I like this idea but it doesn't really seem to fit in. They're a free for all. Alpha is not the place to plant them. Someone will find them.

Killing someone else plants is far too rewarding not to do it at least once a day.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

I like this idea but it doesn't really seem to fit in. They're a free for all. Alpha is not the place to plant them. Someone will find them.

Killing someone else plants is far too rewarding not to do it at least once a day.

That's why I think anyone who steals (or sabotages) them should have to flag. (Even if it's your own)

Just my 2 cents, of course.

Rob Anybody wrote:
Alexander wrote:

That's why I think anyone who steals (or sabotages) them should have to flag. (Even if it's your own)

You would have to flag yourself to destroy those plants unless there was an NPC spawn close enough to aggro and shoot at.  If they are planting them that close to an NPC spawn they probably deserve to have them destroyed anyway.

->You just lost The Game<-

5 (edited by Provos 2011-02-05 16:04:17)

Neoxx wrote:
Rob Anybody wrote:
Alexander wrote:

You would have to flag yourself to destroy those plants unless there was an NPC spawn close enough to aggro and shoot at.  If they are planting them that close to an NPC spawn they probably deserve to have them destroyed anyway.

Actually, planting them near a mean npc spawn, might not be a bad idea, might be a "smart" stunt to pull. You'll just need to bring a farming party to harvest it.
I know it might have kept us from harvesting and blowing up the dozen we just did on Hakko this morning.

In ur base, harvestin ur doods. lol

nice. I hope that makes you feel somewhat relevant smile

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

Heckle wrote:

nice. I hope that makes you feel somewhat relevant smile

were a big deal man

Yeah, I see that. Keep it up and one day you guys can graduate to shooting at our arkhe scouts. They don't shoot back either, like the plants. Join N-A, for some hawt bot on plant action!!

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

PvP flag for harvesting... hell, thats not even funny.

those things are PLANTS, how the hell should the game decide who they belong to? should they appear on the landmarklist with corp-id?

next thing would be PvP flag for someone mining the same HDT deposit as you, because you have been first there.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

PvP flag for harvesting... hell, thats not even funny.

those things are PLANTS, how the hell should the game decide who they belong to? should they appear on the landmarklist with corp-id?

next thing would be PvP flag for someone mining the same HDT deposit as you, because you have been first there.

you actually have to flag up to shoot em at the mo but on alpha you are better off harvesting it anyway

check the devblog  - they won't live very long on alpha anyway... and driving ontop of them is enough to kill them as long as they haven't created some fruits wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Heckle wrote:

Yeah, I see that. Keep it up and one day you guys can graduate to shooting at our arkhe scouts. They don't shoot back either, like the plants. Join N-A, for some hawt bot on plant action!!

Everyone would have to pvp flag.

But I don't agree to the idea, it should just be that other people will harvest your plants.