1 (edited by Golden One 2011-01-08 03:00:21)

Topic: Production Spreadsheet

Here's a little spreadsheet we wrote up for [Goldman Sachs] a while back.

It has several features, but the short version is that it helps you coordinate between mining, marketing, and production.

• Calculate Ore Requirements to Produce Various Commodities

• Calculate Whether to Buy Raw Materials or Commodities from the Market

• Calculate the Cost of Producing Items Based on Market Values

• Calculate How Many Days of Supply Based on Production Lines and Raw Material/Commodity Reserves

I don't claim that it is exact in all of the calculations, but it does very close estimates.

Edit://Url Removed by GM kokeshi

P.S. Cells colored light purple require manual user input.

Enjoy!

2 (edited by Krupp 2011-01-08 10:32:19)

Re: Production Spreadsheet

I would check your Alligior and Espitium calculations, because if you can get them refined for those prices i'll take all you have.

3 (edited by Naruby 2011-01-08 12:40:32)

I'm only playing for 3 weeks so I know I have a limited knowledge, but I thing your calc with the refining skill is wrong.
You simple divided it, as far as my limited expericans it's ore*(1+skill level*0,03)
Also you don't calc the reputation, with is rounddown of (rep/10)*0,03 I think.

I'm also in the process of making a spreadsheet with my finding. Let's work together to figure everthing out on the indutrial side of this lovely game.

Industrial sheet  (input only in the blue boxes)

4 (edited by Golden One 2011-01-08 21:04:57)

Krupp wrote:

I would check your Alligior and Espitium calculations, because if you can get them refined for those prices i'll take all you have

The Espitium and Aligior numbers were missing the first row of the below spreadsheet (essentially ignoring the Epriton costs).  Not the case when I made my post, but that's what happens with you post an editable document.  Someone goes in and makes a mess of it sooner or later.

Naruby wrote:

I'm only playing for 3 weeks so I know I have a limited knowledge, but I thing your calc with the refining skill is wrong.
You simple divided it, as far as my limited expericans it's ore*(1+skill level*0,03)
Also you don't calc the reputation, with is rounddown of (rep/10)*0,03 I think.

I'm also in the process of making a spreadsheet with my finding. Let's work together to figure everthing out on the indutrial side of this lovely game.

Industrial sheet  (input only in the blue boxes)

I divided by my refining ratio.  This is not the same as my skill level.  You calculate the refining ratio yourself and put it in.

Also don't need to worry about relations at all for the same reason.  You are directly entering your production numbers from your factory so all the math that goes into figuring those out is unnecessary.

Edit:  Fixed again (for now)

Golden One wrote:

Also don't need to worry about relations at all for the same reason.  You are directly entering your production numbers from your factory so all the math that goes into figuring those out is unnecessary.

Tx for the clarification.
I do the math inside my sheet so I can calculate the impact of skill raises.
So I can decide witch skill I give priority. Figuring out what's behind the numbers I what I like tongue

This is a great sheet. Tons of useful information. One thing you might want to add is a spreadsheet that compares fragment recycle values. That seems to be the main source of the commodites that are cheaper than refine value. I have a similar sheet, but it's nowhere as neat as yours.

Good sheet. Its obvious you spent a lot of time on it.

I use my own excel sheet for my production but tonight I decided to use yours as well to get some data my sheet doesnt have currently.

I noticed an error in how it calculates mineral cost on the production sheet.

if you tell the sheet your making an item that takes 1 Isopropentol it should take the current price of HDT and multiple it by the amount of HDT you need to make 1 Isopropentol.

when you do this, your sheet says it will cost you 31 nic even.

my sheet tells me its 33.28

I used 52 HDT per Isopropentol at a cost of .64 per HDT.

52 * .64 = 33.28

I think your sheet is rounding down each calculation it needs to compute the mineral cost.

so unless I'm missing something this isn't intended.

8 (edited by Golden One 2011-01-17 20:33:47)

Luraz wrote:

if you tell the sheet your making an item that takes 1 Isopropentol it should take the current price of HDT and multiple it by the amount of HDT you need to make 1 Isopropentol.

52 * .64 = 33.28

I think your sheet is rounding down each calculation it needs to compute the mineral cost.

I put in .64 for the cost of HDT and 50/52=0.9615 as your refining ratio and I get an estimated cost of 34 NIC.

34 instead of 33.28 is indeed a rounding error.  I could have carried more precision, but I went with neatness instead.

Golden One wrote:
Luraz wrote:

52 * .64 = 33.28

I put in .64 for the cost of HDT and 50/52=0.9615 as your refining ratio and I get an estimated cost of 34 NIC.

34 instead of 33.28 is indeed a rounding error.  I could have carried more precision, but I went with neatness instead.

ah ok, i was using 1.04 as my refining ratio.

I think your spread sheet got hacked its deff no longer work safe nor is it appropriate for a gaming site please fix or delete it!