1 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-28 01:26:54)

Topic: Recruitment Code Giveaway!

Don't get too excited now, as this isn't a real thing.... yet.

I'm looking for people to donate their recruitment codes for a giveaway/contest to draw new people into Perpetuum.  I would like to have as many codes as possible to draw attention with, and hopefully get some website interested in hosting this as well as running a parallel article about Perpetuum with it.

If you haven't seen already, you should have received an email from Perpetuum containing a recruitment code for 15 days of free game time to a new account.  If you need help searching for it, this is what it looks like:

Perpetuum recruitment code wrote:

Hi!

We in the Perpetuum team realize that the strength of our current player-base comes from groups of friends forming communities inside the game. Perpetuum was built around the concept of people playing together, not simply next to each other in the same world. Because of this we wish all new players to experience team play as early on in the game as possible. To this end we're introducing the recruit program: the recruit code found in this email can be used to enable 15 days of play time on a new account (on which no game codes have yet been redeemed).

Give this code to a friend you can play together with, and if they decide to subscribe to Perpetuum for at least another 30 days, the validity of your account will be extended by 15 days. The code you received here can only be redeemed within the next 60 days.

Recruit code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Sincerely,
The Perpetuum Team

As you can see, if the person decides to keep with the game and subscribes for 30 days , your account will be credited with 15 days extra game time.  If you can't find someone to share this code with, this would be a very good way to help the community grow, and possibly get you some extra game time as well!

I have 3 codes that I am going to donate for this, and if you are also willing to donate some, post here or send me a PM on the forums or in game with the codes or how many you may be able to donate.  I do not need the codes at this time, I'm just looking to see how many would be interested in something like this, but if you do send them I will keep them safe for when we move forward with this.  Obviously, don't post your code publicly.

The codes seem to be based on how old your account is.  Most likely only the Early Access accounts have received their codes, but the rest should come soon enough.  If you are interested in donating yours but haven't gotten it yet, just let me know and I'll contact you later when we're getting ready to do the giveaway.

Also, if you have any contacts with gaming/MMO websites, I would love to hear from you or them on if they would be interested in hosting this contest/giveaway.  I am working on some myself, and I will keep this updated with the status.

My goal is 50 codes, but any number is a good number.  The more we get, the more enticing this will look for the readers, and the more likely they will check out the game regardless if they get a code or not.

If we cant get a major website on board with this, we can still host it ourselves by posting on various websites/forums about this to draw them to the Perpetuum forums to try to get the code.

->You just lost The Game<-

Re: Recruitment Code Giveaway!

I don't think I've gotten mine yet, but when and if I do, you can have them Neoxx.

How many?  I just want to keep a rough estimate of what I can expect to get for this.

Like I said, I haven't gotten them yet. wink. But you can have all the ones I get.

I will give you 9 codes. (when i get them all).

I like this. Lets bring more people in to the game!

Former CEO of X-23

6 (edited by Neoxx 2011-01-27 23:56:44)

If you feel like you want to give me your code/s now, I have already stared a list of those that I have received.  Your name will be saved with the code/s that you donated so we can compile a thank you list of the donations and so I know who to contact if theres a problem with one. yarr

Again, I feel the need to say to not post them publicly on the forums.  PM me here or send me mail in game.  Thanks!

Great idea. I will support if I get any codes.

Annihilator said: Walking careless onto hokko without masking is like jumping into a bathtub with the hungry 30cm piranhas (infestation)
GLiMPSE™'s CoolPoints™ Leaderboard

I received my emails on the 24th.  All of mine are early access accounts, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it just yet.  Maybe more info from others that have gotten theirs would be helpful.

Thanks for the support so far!

I have three I can throw into the mix. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

This is a great idea, I'll have a code you can have when the time comes.

11 (edited by Zorac 2011-01-28 00:43:11)

Looks like it has to do with how long it was since you subscribed. My early access accounts got the codes today but the ones i created after release got no codes yet.

- Z

Former CEO of X-23

i got 2 for ya

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the codes!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/t … codes.html

This thread was linked in a news story on MMORPG.com recently... Seems you have some competition, Neoxx. The good news is that some major sites may be interested in a 'giveaway' type news item.

Overall this should be good for the game.

You can have all mine when I get them

Reefpirate wrote:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/t … codes.html

This thread was linked in a news story on MMORPG.com recently... Seems you have some competition, Neoxx. The good news is that some major sites may be interested in a 'giveaway' type news item.

Overall this should be good for the game.

I saw that thread, but all I gleaned from it was some people begging for codes.  This is by no means competition.

I'm not looking for anything out of this, just trying to organize something that is more than what that thread will ever be.  Hopefully some sites will pick up on this (or be informed of it and want to help out *crosses fingers*) and get much more light than a forum post would.

Btw, what was the original news post?  Maybe I can contact that person about this.

If someone trustworthy wants to run this I'll get you thirty codes Np.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Working on it.

Jita wrote:

*Crickets*

I got no friends, so i'll pass them to you when I get them

*sadface

I have a contact who reviews games for a popular gaming website. I've reached out to her to see what she can or can't do.

Destrar wrote:

I have a contact who reviews games for a popular gaming website. I've reached out to her to see what she can or can't do.

First off let me say that we really appreciate the effort of making our game more known, but here's one thing you should consider: even if they review the game, it's unlikely that they will re-subscribe for another month and you'll lose the chance to get your 15 day bonus on that code. Of course if you don't take issue of that, than there's no problem, but it's something to keep in mind.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

I will donate any codes I receive and encourage IRS members to do the same.

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Destrar wrote:

First off let me say that we really appreciate the effort of making our game more known, but here's one thing you should consider: even if they review the game, it's unlikely that they will re-subscribe for another month and you'll lose the chance to get your 15 day bonus on that code. Of course if you don't take issue of that, than there's no problem, but it's something to keep in mind.

I made sure to say that on the OP.  Thanks for the concern, but possibly not getting the extra 15 days probably doesnt matter to many people.  After all, even a friend trying the game may not sub after the free 15 days.  And really, how many of us actually have friends to give these to?

Euphoric wrote:

I will donate any codes I receive and encourage IRS members to do the same.

Thanks!

Again, send them as a PM on the forums here and they will be seen right away.

I will try to coordinate this around the time of the next patch.  Hopefully there will be something in that patch worth getting more word out about, and this could help with that.