Topic: Emergency Jump Capsule

My crazy idea of the day as im bored at work.

A 'beacon' you carry in cargo.  When activated it drops at your current location. Stays active for x minutes.  When you move further then 1500m from the capsule you are instantly teleported back to it and it is destroyed.

Use: As an alternative escape trick for someone being chased by mobs/blobs or pvp tactic. e.g. I miner could place it when being chased then warp back behind the enemy unseen and escape.  or 50% of a blob could use it to 'appear' behind the enemy for a 'Crushing Fist' pincer attack.

Re: Emergency Jump Capsule

A novel idea. I like it.

perhaps for this kind of game, but im using that feature in subspace/continuum since '98

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

totally awesome

what does the player that uses this stand to lose in exchange for this capability?

Xini Nemesis wrote:

My crazy idea of the day as im bored at work.

A 'beacon' you carry in cargo.  When activated it drops at your current location. Stays active for x minutes.  When you move further then 1500m from the capsule you are instantly teleported back to it and it is destroyed.

Use: As an alternative escape trick for someone being chased by mobs/blobs or pvp tactic. e.g. I miner could place it when being chased then warp back behind the enemy unseen and escape.  or 50% of a blob could use it to 'appear' behind the enemy for a 'Crushing Fist' pincer attack.

fisting -- you have my attention. Do continue?