Re: Player name plates

/signed

Would also be nicer if this feature would include a way to distinguish nameplates in 3-D space. I mean, if they are behind a bush or a tree, you see their name that way too, or fade off into the distance. Something to clue me in that they aren't right next to me. Currently, your team and your enemy can look like they are all on top of you when your team is meters away and your enemy is 1km away.

Indeed, all the UI being drawn on a 2D plane overlayed over the 3D space makes it hard to disern relative distance. I was thinking of getting a 3D screen and glasses but I doubt it would work for Perpetuum and I'm not playing much else at the moment. The system might be able to handle the 3D rendered scene but I can see the 2D overlay being a spanner in the works. Lotro had the same issue from talking to friends that had a 3D setup.

28 (edited by Hyppolite Kurtzmann 2011-01-27 19:30:27)

3D Nvidia Perpetuum works well, but actually the names are not in 3D (I take this opportunity to report a problem with 3D, the robot will take almost any screen and the interface looks away)

I also wrote to the idea of post

/signed (bump)