Topic: PvP - Some ideas

Hey guys.. Im love the game but for me the PvP is lacking in amount and meaning somewhat.

Id like to suggest some possible ideas for you to consider.

Since we NEED to mine to create things, then why not use this to create PvP situations? How about having a specific island that is only open to attack at certain times. This island is the only place where you can mine/havest special materials. So at these certain times you fight to hold specific strategic points, and the alliance that holds them till the time is up (or whatever) has the island for a certain length of time.

Also i was thinking about wager matches betwween Corps/Alliances. Kinda double ur money betting or something along those lines, maybe rewards etc.. BUT without the Mech lose, rather than blowing up you just get dissabled.

What you think?

Re: PvP - Some ideas

The idea for an "Arena" sounds pretty sweet ... big massive dome on some island

3 (edited by Lyghtcrye 2011-01-23 13:55:36)

Not a fan of these ideas personally, timed pvp seems contrived, and bot lossless in pvp would be bad for the economy.

Hate the idea of any arena type PvP. It takes away from the sandbox.

I would however like to see UT/DotA style warfare areas for some sort of benefit open up, but no team balancing. Heck dont even make the teams related to the players, just pelistal vs nuimquol war broke out again, go zone in and play dota with giant robots, (or just gank everyone there for fun, or just try to farm the waves of bots and avoid the pvpers, whatever floats your boat.)