1 (edited by EP Ian 2010-11-26 04:13:51)

Topic: Add slope-climbing modules.

Example Leg Mod:

Traction Spikes:
Max Slope Increase: 15%
Movement Speed Decrease: 15%

(That's a 15% increase on your base max slope, not a 15 degree increase.  The movement speed decrease would stay the same with higher tiers while the slope increase increases)

kthx.

Re: Add slope-climbing modules.

I could see this being a nasty balance issue.  IMO if such a module were implemented it would need to be activatable, with a sizable AP cost, and sizable speed penalty when active. (say, 50% scaling down to 45% for tier gear)

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

3 (edited by Steeldragonz 2010-11-25 23:47:49)

think it would be a long long time before we see something like this, but can you imagine the madness of a mech+ with one of these at t4 able to use some of the shortcuts/access routes. or a lightbot/ewar using it to pretty much climb a mountain lol

Edit : lol imagine the los issue then

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Thats why I think the speed penalty would be necessary, and maybe even more pronounced.  Mountain infantry type setups would be cool. 60 degree zooming around, not so much, I think.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

5 (edited by EP Ian 2010-11-26 04:12:16)

Well, keep in mind:

• Light bots already have a ~25% slope advantage on mechs (~10% on assaults), along with their great speed, and it isn't an advantage that comes up often as far as I can tell.  This seems like a pretty heavily situational thing.

• Standing on steeper slopes makes it easier to get LoS on you, not harder.  If you can get on top of the hills that's a different matter, but you can already do that.

But yes, numbers could use some tweaking.