1 (edited by Melia 2010-11-25 23:55:27)

Topic: rollback to 6pm

So 6 hours of almost non stop resource digging/mob grinding went puff? :-(

Kinda disappointing. Server crushes and restarts is common tradition for launch day, but rollbacks are usually "saved" for later big patches and updates.

Can we get some kind of refund?

I'd like to add original conversation from General chat:

[23:20:58] <Prometherion> server rollback
[23:21:08] <Siert Karlowski> A rollback like a few hours or a week?
[23:21:09] <Kanio> rollback to when
[23:21:11] <Dizi> err, do it goes down again now?

[23:21:14] <DEV Gargaj> to the launch state
[23:21:15] <fuzion> what time is it going to be roll backed to?
[23:21:15] <Prometherion> does that mean all assignments get reset as well?

[23:21:15] <DEV Gargaj> 6PM CET

Re: rollback to 6pm

Ye not happy. I had grinded 700k on starter drones this evening.

It's ok.

Let's just ask how much EP we earned in compensation tongue

yea not happy about this eather but sometimes there are  stuff there cant be fixed.

To be honest, I'd be happy if I could just get a hole character reset with the EP I have accumulated till today... but that probably isn't an option.

Murp wrote:

To be honest, I'd be happy if I could just get a hole character reset with the EP I have accumulated till today... but that probably isn't an option.

Yep is a nice idea but that gonna to creat a big bug whit the creation of the channel and not evryone whant that (imagine pp whit +- all kernel)

Optional reset was implied.

Didn't work all that great. All the skills I trained were of course gone, but quite a few starter skills were also set to 0.. (Navigation etc.)

early release was spookily seamless.........we all hate rollbacks...its like wasted hours of your life you cant get back..........hoping it all gets back soon smile

-The downtime isn't just to fix EP, they're rolling back the whole thing? Crap. I don't want an EP credit i'd rather have the cash i made.

Ah well. Guess there won't be much to do about it.

Rattletrap

I really hope they can reset to launch time ... all was fine then ...
anyways take U'r time Dev's better make it perfect than very fast fix  wink

good curage

cya soon

If we do end up wiping after all it could be worse. We got to keep our Boot.ini

The Game

I think something is wrong.  Roll back shouldn't take this long... good thing I have other hobbies smile

ok...am starting to get worried now..........i having a nightmare i will wake up and all my ep will be in finance and corp control...eeeeeeeeeeek

Aww... I'm going to lose 6 kills. sad Not to mention 6 hours of minin for heavy mechs.

Alexander wrote:

hehe, all too true.

Personally I'm happy as long as I don't lose any EP. Anything else you can eventually get in abundance if you play smart and long enough. EP you can't get more of no matter what you do.

yay 2 extra days! sad)

EP should be on a time based algorithm You should have the 8 hour EP gain.

The Game

that was : ( )   ....not sad)

Okay, WE SCREWED UP launch day style, so here's what will happen: (pasting from http://www.perpetuum-online.com/System:Server_status)

The EP fix requires a complete rollback to 16:00 CET today - however as a compensation to this launch day mess-up we're going to extend the validity of every account on the server with 2 days. We're working hard to get back online.

This also means that you will get the EP you "earned" during downtime too.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Lets hope this will be the only rollback we'll see, or they will manage to fix it and avoid rollback.

I'm really upset about rollback since we'll be missing all HDT we were digging fo 6 hours, with all corp. :-(

Alexander wrote:

Hehe, I forgot witch MMO game managed to delete this one in patch by mistake? EVE? Warhammer?

Lets hope this will be the only rollback we'll see, or they will manage to fix it and avoid rollback.

We certainly don't want to do any more rollbacks. They're not as pleasant as it said in the brochure.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

i started at 18:00 CET i will no longer exist sad

awww, and i was just about to get a new mech tongue

Aw dang, i will lose 22 pvp kills, and was about to have a hvy mech ready to roll out right about now. dang....   sad