Topic: Reselling Subscription Keys?

Is it legal to sell Subscription Keys in exchange for NIC in-game?  I was thinking about starting up a topic in the services forum, however I was unsure if I would be breaking in-game rules or breaking law (EULA, ToS maybe)?

2 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-27 01:24:58)

Re: Reselling Subscription Keys?

If this comes in there will be much scamming. smile
Once scamming happens they'll make it a secure feature.

P.s. WTS time code for scam scam scam.

The Game

And for the ones who are running a legit service and actually providing the keys in return for NIC?  People will be scammed no matter what.  Well, at least if a secure system in put in place like stEVE's.

I've been told by a GM that it's not currently allowed to sell time codes for NIC.  Perhaps that will change in the future, but for now that seems to be the rule.

Taeyan wrote:

I've been told by a GM that it's not currently allowed to sell time codes for NIC.  Perhaps that will change in the future, but for now that seems to be the rule.

Which GM told you this?  Can we get an official statement from a dev or a GM?

maybe they'll implement a plex system like in eve. the guys at ccp got rid of alot of isk sellers this way

Official response requested. Also requesting secure timecode trade. I want to play for free.

Its against the EULA.  They're pretty broad with their coverage of such topics, so they can deem almost anything against the EULA if it hurts the game/company.  The EULA can be found in-game under the Options menu.

EULA, Bullet point 4 wrote:

It is forbidden to trade or sell Perpetuum accounts, in-game items, characters, money, etc in any way outside the game. In this case both the seller and the buyer can be punished by AC.

In this case, the outside item is the time code, and the in-game item is NIC.

I notice now that this isnt really categorized in any proper section that addresses this issue, but its still there.

->You just lost The Game<-