Topic: Patch changes...awesome

I read....I let one go in my pants....then I 'came'  here to post...

Anyone not really excited with these changes? I believe it will bring a whole new dynamic to the beta islands. Scouting off-island teleports will be a bit more dangerous (from the beta side) and life on beta should be a little funner now that we don't have arkhes undocking to scout constantly.

Discuss.

Re: Patch changes...awesome

Patch notes can be found here

Looks good!

3 (edited by Seridur 2011-01-13 17:23:52)

Woah, many things from my wishlist! big_smile(roaming npcs, faster light bots etc).. except I don't remembver asking for missile range nerf roll (ok t3 and t4 modules restore it somewhat... hope the npcs have been tweaked accordingly)

All in all--great changes.  The beta islands will be full PvP zones with no safe zones and the endless arkhe respawn is over!

I'd have given people a little more heads up on the no safe zones change--that'll kill some people when they login to what used to be a safe zone.  wink

And the missile range nerf...that stings but I suppose there's more incentive to upgrade to T3+ now.  Did they really need a range nerf?

Anyway, mostly great changes and we'll live (or die) with the range nerf.

Blink wrote:

All in all--great changes.  The beta islands will be full PvP zones with no safe zones and the endless arkhe respawn is over!

I'd have given people a little more heads up on the no safe zones change--that'll kill some people when they login to what used to be a safe zone.  wink

And the missile range nerf...that stings but I suppose there's more incentive to upgrade to T3+ now.  Did they really need a range nerf?

Anyway, mostly great changes and we'll live (or die) with the range nerf.

They were buffed. The explosion size changes are a big deal. The range changes were needed to compensate for the added alpha potential...but are still possible with some investment into t3 or t4 launchers.

this is without a doubt a fantastic step in the right direction for this game.

looks good on paper. smile We will see how it all works out! big_smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Medium missiles have been buffed (still no one will use compact missiles), but small missiles became weaker. People doesn't usualy run with t3/t4 launchers in pvp, and the range of missiles was already lower than an average demob range while other weapons can fire back at least in falloff zone.

9 (edited by Saha 2011-01-13 18:56:24)

There's the problem with interference emission.

Assume situation where hostiles bring in a blob which contains healthy amount of mechs/heavies (15+).

The opposing side, even if they themselves will be small group, will suffer penalties on their ewar bots, light bots, assault bots and on short range mechs/heavy mechs if they decide to bring them in due to hostiles emiting interference in 300 meters radius.

In other words, vs hostile mech/heavy mech blob you will not be able to use anything effectively with shorter than 300 meters shooting range. Obviously, there's a general thought that if you're closer to blob than 300 meters range you're doing it wrong, but it pretty much takes out any possibility to use terrain to gain advantage for short range pounding. Medium gauss guns, medium short range lazers, medium machine guns, medium autocannons, medium compact missiles, faction slugs meet the recycler.

I almost don't know how to react to a dev team that listens to its community and actually acts on well thought out suggestions. Even more reason to stick with this game.

Saha, maybe I read it wrong but I thought the debuff is applied only to the tightly packed group of friendlies.  So if you come with a small group with decent spread you will be able to hit them all day and until they spread out they will have almost no chance at all to hit you.
Dunno been a long day for me I'll read it again.

12 (edited by Saha 2011-01-13 19:34:10)

On insurances:
The fix will not solve the problem which it is aiming at. Simply since the issue is generated not by insurance itself but by too low raw materials prices.

At the moment market is pretty much dead besides raw materials market due to stuff being sold there with at least 250% profit margins. This simply forces everyone towards manufacturing goods of need themselves rather that letting trade flourish.
Prices can not drop lower than they currently are due to insurance pay outs. Yes, only bots/mechs give insurance but that insurance is dictating the market prices for everything else, since frankly, why would someone produce something which is less profitable.

Knowing those 2 things, let's get to cause and possible solutions.
Cause is pretty obvious. Low raw material cost. It is mostly caused by amount of materials generated on alpha islands. To put it simply, you have something which is generating huge amounts of "value" without losing any "value" besides mining charges. Such things will always generate huge problems for the market simply due to messing up prices.

Solution A) Wait for raw material prices to increase, which will lower the profitability of manufacturing (market sorting itself). But this solution will take 3-4 weeks for market to stabilize at least, during which people "making" money will make 30-50 times the money they currently own (atm you can more than double your cash in 3 days via production. I will not go into detail furthermore due to obvious reasons).

Solution B) Cut raw material regeneration speed on alpha AND beta islands by 30-50%. This would automatically create a shortage of raw material in the market which would naturaly increase the market price while reducing the profitability of production. Furthermore, it would force a significant amount of miners to consider movemet to beta islands, which would overall reduce the issue of value generation without any investment which I wrote about earlier. More miners on beta as well as slower raw material generation would mean "safe" fields on beta islands would be drained much faster (you nkow, those like 500meters away from terminal) forcing beta miners to venture a bit mroe into the risk areas. Miners venturing into risk areas means they will now and then lose their mining equipment, which solves "no investement required" to generate huge amounts of market value via mining and therefore would indirectly influence the price of raw material even more.

TLDR: Faster insurance calc doesn't solve *** as long as raw materials are at prices similar to current ones. Prices should be at least 200% higher for insurance issue to be solved. Either wait until market solves itself in next month or so while several people amass billions of nic via production, or nerf mineral respawn rate and naturaly increase raw materials price due to competition/shortage/higher risk.

Nice patch but not sure why you added interference?

Great job on the patch Devs, It's nice to see you guys really pay attention and listen to the community!

Don't like the ninja nerf to troiar speed but yeah, overall really good.

Grazskin wrote:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:
Grazskin wrote:

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You rang?

[Have you seen my pic?]

~G~

Grazskin wrote:

You need to read their blog to find out what interference is wink. Its basically their new anti-blobbing mechanism (Or rather, the start of it, as AOE is coming in soon too).

It's a good thing that things are evoluting but i want the sound of my slugs back !

i like the direction the DEVs are going. will be interesting to see how this works out in game. Also YAY no blue zones! \o/

Cannot stand the new Medium EM sounds!.. They sound like a rusty catapult from the 16th century or what ever.. however, i do like the Small EM sounds!.. Swap them plz!