1 (edited by Kruachan 2011-01-14 09:54:35)

Topic: Level 2 assignment bug ?

Example
assignment: Level 2
type: Bounty Hunting
where: Radholme Outpost
name: Mjollnir #3
Kill: 6 warrior mantis + 6 warrior vipers.

Before patch relations hits were +7% and +2%.
After patch relations hits are +0% and +0%.
Both relations are unchanged before and after completing this assignment.
DFD 3.31 and GMT 3.21.

Do those relations are already to high to get a positive hits with level 2 assignments after patch ?
But some level 2 transportation assignments still bring an 1% hit after patch with corporations that are over 3.50 relation.

EDIT I forgot an important info : I still get full reward (90kNIC + ammunition) from Mjollnir #3 after patch.

Re: Level 2 assignment bug ?

Yes, they changed the relation fading in the patch and subsequently nerfed the heck out of Alpha island living...

the relation fading works now so that +1 relation over assignment lvl and you won't get any relation bonus from an assignment anymore.

The above incidentally means that unless you had grinded your relations way over 4 for corps already, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get better than 39% relation bonus on Alpha islands.

Way to go Devs nerfing us who have chosen to live on Alpha islands...

What it ultimately means that any producer using Alpha island facilities, even with high extension levels is not gonna get "perfect" scores, EVER.

Thank you for clarifying this smile

I am an industrial specialized in recycling with 38% in relations and, before last patch, was hoping to reach 40%.

After patch a level 2 transport mission the NIC reward is always lower that expected (in transaction tab).

My concern is getting a maximum reward (NICwise) without any positive relation hit (not even one green line).

According to patch notes if I don't get relation hits, the reward must be lower but transaction tab is still showing 90 000 NIC ... I am a bit confused hmm

Kruachan wrote:

According to patch notes if I don't get relation hits, the reward must be lower but transaction tab is still showing 90 000 NIC ... I am a bit confused hmm

hmm, where did you read that?
the patchnotes only mentioned standing reward

Update news for 2011-01-13 - Lithus and the interference system wrote:

Change: Assignment standing reward fading will now start at lower standing levels. Previously a Level 1 assignment awarded full standing rewards as long as you had less than 2.0 standing towards the contractor corporation. This has now been lowered to 1.0, 2.0 in case of level 2 assignments, and so on. (Fading range is still 1.0)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vosyen Makarovich wrote:

What it ultimately means that any producer using Alpha island facilities, even with high extension levels is not gonna get "perfect" scores, EVER.

and what new about that fact? alpha island only got max rank2 recycling and refining plants, so it was never possible at all...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Mmmmmm carebear tears.

->You just lost The Game<-

Thanks Annihilator smile

so from what i hear, its possible that there is really a bug.

wouldn't be the first time - and is hard to analyze without a detailed log from the database (the one that shows all data + all 14 decimals)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

so from what i hear, its possible that there is really a bug.

wouldn't be the first time - and is hard to analyze without a detailed log from the database (the one that shows all data + all 14 decimals)

You'll still get rewards but just not relation.  Its meant to keep you from staying on alpha and getting too big of relation bonus without at least doing onto beta.

When it gets below +0.01 it will probably show as +0.00 even though it is getting something like +0.004.  The system just rounds these down most of the time.  You'll still get relation from them, but its certainly not worth grinding still unless you are somehow deathly afraid of beta.

With your standing being around 3.3 doing a level 2 mission (which start at 1.0 and degrade from 2.0-3.0) you will get no standing bonus from those.  You need to start doign level 3 missions, which will already have started to degrade in relation, or level 4's.

With the new system, you will only be able to do 2 levels of missions to get relation higher.  Sorry, but this was just a much needed change so the risk vs reward of mission grinding is maintained.

->You just lost The Game<-