Re: liquidation of "Avatar Creations"

What can I say that hasn't already been said?   I started playing Perp before I really knew what a good MMO was. After playing other MMO's I came to recognise that it was the atmosphere that Perp created during game play that had me hooked.   That atmosphere was there during solo excursions to blow up enemy proximity probes or during a multi corp operation to break strong points to access bases.  Even farming spawns was atmospheric, and that's saying something, that can't be easy to create.  Thanks to all the Devs and all the players, and I do hope to have the pleasure of meeting up on a Perp server in the future.  Thanks to the Dev's for their generosity in making it possible to have standalone servers!  I really hope Perp can live on to be an inspiration to future game developers, and show them how an atmosphere of apprehension and constant uncertainty can be created in an MMO.

Sad news, indeed. Although, good to see some progression towards a future for Perpetuum. Would love to get my hands  on whatever comes out of this.

Join the community discord Doek

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hello everyone,

Busy 40ish professional that I have chance to work from home, so you can see me online often.  First, you are all talking like this game is done and going to go away into nether-regions like Star Wars Galaxies.  Let's all keep this game going, even if on a stand-alone server.  I will contribute to help with that definitely a I joined in Beta and been online since then - such a great game.  It was great to see 250 in game at one time and slowly dwindle over the years till just recently sometimes I am only one in general chat.

Great job DEVs on this game as it was fun to play, not complicated, nice world, nice graphics, and we could all "live" on these islands together.  Can not say too much more than has already been said, but definitely please keep this game going.  Even if it takes some investment into a server to keep us 200+ loyal players in the game, let's do it !

Me personally, do not care about further development - just one of the best games that I have played in a long time.  What I like because I work from home, I can mine, run missions, explore, or even do a little PvP without being completed "active" in the game like so many of these games are.  Yes, I like to play Warframe or Diablo, but that is when I have some time to sit down and actually play.  I support everyone else in keeping Perpetuum going ... will be a really sad day if I log in and its not active !

55 (edited by Inda 2017-08-25 21:33:40)

Drizden come to join the community in Discord if you can!

Good to hear about you!

https://discord.gg/ujVqgmp

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Blog time.

logicalNegation wrote:

Blog time.

CRM said "during the weekend"

that means sunday night 22:00

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
logicalNegation wrote:

Blog time.

CRM said "during the weekend"

that means sunday night 22:00

Possibly during the weekend.

Blogpost will come once we got to a point with the tech that we have enough information to share. Dripfeeding at this point will just create speculation - rather have one post that explains everything. Of course that doesn't mean we won't answer certain questions about it - but as you can understand it's a big change, and we hope to do it right.

We already have both a client and a server that are semi-functional as far as dedicated servers go, but they're still not fit for human consumption just yet, and a lot of the information we'd share hinges on certain functionality that we can or cannot get working.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Thank you for the response.

I still have a question,

What are the limitations of funding a community server?  Will it be frowned upon to ask for donations?  Or even further (thinking something else) if we sale special promotions in back (Think "gifts" from event) will that be covered?  Is there a take the publisher will have in those sales.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I still have a question,

What are the limitations of funding a community server?  Will it be frowned upon to ask for donations?  Or even further (thinking something else) if we sale special promotions in back (Think "gifts" from event) will that be covered?  Is there a take the publisher will have in those sales.

The short version is "to a certain extent"; the long version is that the server itself will have a separate EULA just like other dedicated game server software.

Also:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … perpetuum/

Please continue discussion here after you've read the blogpost.