Topic: liquidation of "Avatar Creations"

I know, thats the Elephant in the room, but:

Would any of the remaining DEVs please answer what are the consequences of the
voluntary liquidation of "Avatar Creations", that is already running for three month now?

And is there an estimated time until its done and gone?

does this automatically lead to the removal from steam?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: liquidation of "Avatar Creations"

Looks like the plug will be pulled without even a cursory "sorry we tried".

Cowards

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Cowards

plural?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Yeah plural. Haven't even the class to say goodbye.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Annihilator wrote:

I know, thats the Elephant in the room, but:

Would any of the remaining DEVs please answer what are the consequences of the
voluntary liquidation of "Avatar Creations", that is already running for three month now?

And is there an estimated time until its done and gone?

does this automatically lead to the removal from steam?

how did you find this out?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Also is there $ amount for said company or assets?

Naismith wrote:

Looks like the plug will be pulled without even a cursory "sorry we tried".

This is what gets me.
Why _no_ communication?

Are corporate officers legally bound to not discuss during their liquidation?
Are they hoping to grab whatever chance purchase that might be coming in randomly from steam before it all goes offline?
It seems strange for what is public information to not be explained, in any way, to the community and customers.

Perhaps they are dissolving the corporation and will go open-source/volunteer staff?
Perhaps now they can shed responsibilities to shareholders?

Perhaps they will turn the server off tomorrow, and say nothing.

9 (edited by Naismith 2017-08-02 14:57:29)

Liquidation

Still selling copies on steam while being liquidated with the game shutdown around the corner.

Thats a whole new level of scumbag scamming.

Glad we killed this game.

Proof?

http://ceginformacio.creditreform.hu/cr9316795290

ah, y, already found it. ty.

Russian hackers

Just @ Game

Just @nother trash game

I wanted to do this in a blog post but yeah we've been silent for too long, so in short this is how things are now:

I'm sorry to say that Perpetuum is not actively developed anymore, but you probably noticed that.

Me and Gargaj officially left the company a while ago and Avatar Creations (the development company) is not worth to keep for the remaining developers. So yes, Avatar Creations is being shut down.

That said, the game is and has always been published and run by its sister company, Gamestorm Ltd., which is still alive. Thus, Steam distribution and running the server are not affected by the closure of Avatar Creations.

Nevertheless, we didn't want the game just simply die and fade into nothingness, so in our free time all of us have been working on a standalone server for Perpetuum that you can run on your own. Most of the work is done and it will be ready for testing soon.

The official server will still be around for an undetermined time, but since we won't be able to control the standalone servers, the game will practically become DRM-free.

Once the standalone server is ready I will do a more detailed blog post about it.

tl;dr - Perpetuum is not shutting down, but is not being actively developed.

I feel like I should say something neutral

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

thanks for the clarification
does that mean we can finally make our own balancing passes?

Annihilator wrote:

thanks for the clarification
does that mean we can finally make our own balancing passes?

Yes, yes it does. As said, the blogpost will explain this in detail, and we hope we can supply tools for it, but it's all database-oriented and as long as you can fiddle with the data in the db, you'll have full access to all the parameters.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

19 (edited by MoBIoS 2017-08-02 21:13:02)

hmm... what can I say? Thank you for when it was a great time to play Perpetuum.
It certainly will stay in my fond memories, as a game I had lots of fun in, with a lot of potential and sadley evolved into a troll game.  mad

Wish you all the best and thank you for your effort.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

@Zoom and @Gargaj.  I want both of you to know this coming from a 31 year old dude that's played a ton of games.  This has been one of the greatest gaming experiences in my life and you gentlemen have created and developed a game I will always remember for being one of the most captivating and amazing mmos I've ever played.  You guys created something spectacular and it was a *** pleasure. 

PS Can we have access to  different phases of the game too?  Like pre gamma launch?  Pre alpha 2?

This game provided the best and most memorable PvP experiences I've ever had in my 30 years of gaming. To echo what Ville said, great job guys, good luck in your future endeavors! o7

SPOILER: For anyone who might remember, I am, have been, and always was Hedonism Bot.

Crepitus/Hedonism Bot/Smaug/innocuous were combat and also many indy accounts (I have 7+, don't even remember them all) running mostly afk with macros in VMs lol not as good as Chemist's mission runners though big_smile.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

who's in charge of the publishing company?  Like specific person w/ contact?

Thanks devs, was a great game and I met nice people on it.

I speak broken English.

Thanks for the update DEV's.
It's sad to see what appears to be the end of the Perpetuum era. This game has truely offered something unique in terms of gaming experience.

Thank you for responding even if you did not have time to draft the full blog post.

Thank you as well for the considerable effort in making the game portable and deployable, and releasing such tools to the community.  We all recognize you have no obligation to do so and are humbled that you would even take time to accomplish this.

I'm sure a number of community members will make great use of these tools.