Re: Make Perpetuum great again

Inda wrote:
Gwyndor wrote:

No one is going to buy the game because zoom is never going to sell. Maybe they will default on loans and the game will have to be sold but if they can manage it they will keep the game going even if not a single new player joins in a year

Why would you do that? Without anyone to play its a bit pointless to sustain(The servers not that cheap).  Also they would need to do something thats my opinion, dont really need to sell, but change some strategy, or get a partner or so.

Welp Inda, the fact they have already been doing it for 2 years after steam influx died should be self explanatory, lol.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Literally as I was typing a response: perpetuum steam-sale -75% off  big_smile big_smile big_smile lol lol lol

So just because I like the game the way it is, why are you guys saying I'm on some sort of drug?

Also to prove that I do like this game a lot, and I don't care what you say, but it is true, I tried EvE online for about 2 weeks or so, got board, and came back to perpetuum because I like perpetuum better!

ADFormer wrote:

So just because I like the game the way it is, why are you guys saying I'm on some sort of drug?

The game as it is has ten people playing. If it was a good game this wouldn't be the case. Your defending the things that make it suck which shows you have no clue what creates the kind of game that's successful.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

ADFormer wrote:
The game as it is has ten people playing. If it was a good game this wouldn't be the case. Your defending the things that make it suck which shows you have no clue what creates the kind of game that's successful.
Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

The thing is, I don't care if I do or don't know what makes a successful game, THE ONLY thing I care about in a game is do ---> I <-----   have fun playing, and in perpetuum I have fun, so I keep playing, I don't do missions because I don't think those are fun, I mine a lot because I think it is fun, I quit playing eve because it was not as fun as perpetuum.

ADFormer wrote:

ADFormer wrote:

The thing is, I don't care if I do or don't know what makes a successful game, THE ONLY thing I care about in a game is do ---> I <-----   have fun playing, and in perpetuum I have fun, so I keep playing, I don't do missions because I don't think those are fun, I mine a lot because I think it is fun, I quit playing eve because it was not as fun as perpetuum.

But this thread is about making the game great again, not about making you in particular enjoy playing with yourself. Your input therefore is at best misguided and at worst selfish. You are exactly the kind of player who drives a small indy game in to the ground as it requires a sense of community to sometimes take the hard decisions for the good of the whole. Thats been missing from this game which is one of the reasons why each population burst has been driven in to the ground.

Well the thing is, I'm fine with change, I love it when new things are brought into  not just a game but to anything, but I hate it when things are taken away, for any reason, but  if simply taking away some patches, I do think could help, but taking away EVERYTHING!? If I were a new player to start playing this very day, and actually when I was a new player I remember that I was trying to be one of the high lvl people, but if you take away everything, what example of a high rank player will there be for new players?

159 (edited by Broker 2017-06-23 19:24:17)

ADFormer wrote:

but if you take away everything, what example of a high rank player will there be for new players?

A robbed person unlucky enough to play this for too long.

People are delusional, thinking about crazy stuff when there's only one thing that determines if game will be "great again" - devs giving a damn potato about it.

Well yes, I do think the only way to save the game is for the devs to improve it. But also I would say a video game is one of the few if not the only thing that truly combines the views of engineers and artists which can be a hard balance because: http://www.quotehd.com/imagequotes/auth … -means.jpg

If you are not a troll you are very cute yikes

kiss

I speak broken English.

You know just because I believe in things that you don't agree with does not make me a troll hmm

Although it can make you ignorant. I think he was being nice.

Ok so this idea lasted for 164 comments, not bad

The only thing worse than beating a dead horse Is betting on one. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

166 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2017-07-03 00:53:13)

Celebro wrote:

The only thing worse than beating a dead horse Is betting on one. smile

lol lol lol

Love it! big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

ugh....bump?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

168 (edited by Turbo Kotlet 2017-07-26 09:31:44)

sooo... the game is over?

169 (edited by Broker 2017-07-26 09:53:23)

I'm kinda fine with current state of the game. Seen better, seen worse.
But as devs can't even bother posting something, i'm outta this dump.

The game is on sale so I was thinking of buying it, but judging from this thread I'm guessing it is a very bad idea? Also, I have a character from before. How do I link it to the steam purchase if I do buy it?

If you have an active account you can download the non-steam client and play.  If you want, you can link it to your steam account (irreversible) and play via steam, without a purchase I think.

I'd keep your steam separate, and wait for a $2.50 sale.  That's a cheap alt. smile

172 (edited by Broker 2017-07-26 18:43:29)

Well, for this price it's an okay choice.
Although I don't have good hopes for the game, it have some interesting things worth seeing.

I had played for one month when EvE players had invaded Perpetuum. I hadn't played long enough for my account to get the free conversio to full account after this game went B2P, so I believe my (old) account doesn't count as "active".

I have since moved back to my native country (India), which enjoys regional pricing in my local currency on steam, so that means games in general cost about 1/2 of what the games cost in US. Currently, with the lower prices in general + the sale that is ongoing, the price of Perpetuum - Superior Edition will set me back Rs. 730 which roughly translates to $11. I'm assuming that's a good deal?

Ah I see.

The DLC's are nice, special sparks, bulk EP, and lots of credits.
Credits might be the best because a EP booster (2400 credits) doubles your EP income, daily and activity-based EP.

If you are patient, you can achieve all the same with time of course.  So it depends what your time is worth, but I'd argue its a deal if you get it on sale.

That didn't quite answer the question, but thank you anyway smile

I already knew the dlcs are for convenience only and same can be achieved with the base version + added time.