Re: Make Perpetuum great again

Annihilator wrote:
CCP Larrikin wrote:

As you may have seen in the May Monthly Economy Report, there is a significant upward trend in the Money Supply. This is primarily due to NPC Bounties.
This trend is unsustainable. Having such a large ISK faucet is bad for the economy, and this ISK faucet is concentrated to a relatively small number of players.

i am baffled. these sentences contain so much truth... you could easily translate that to both Perpetuum and Elite.
its no wonder EVE was successfull for such a long time - they do track their economy

And the guy tracking their economy apparently is really stupid and doesn't know anything about it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/6 … n/diovza9/

Takes the highest (most likely impossible) possible tick as the general average, says that more than 1000 people are the 1% of the 1% in his game (quick comparison: 1% of 1% of 50k (currently the double amount of agents online) would be 5 players... so.. yea).

With comments like that they'd have a first semester in business doing a better job than that guy does by publishing his opinions on reddit..

At least they pay attention to the *** game and how things are going

Rugerx wrote:

QFT

Does zoom even know a waspish will two shot another assault with just two tunings? That a gropho which is supposed to be weak to blue can do the same to a double plated mesmer in like three shots?

Your game balance is irrevocably broken. SHut the servers down already, you have no *** clue how to balance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rugerx wrote:

QFT

Does zoom even know a waspish will two shot another assault with just two tunings? That a gropho which is supposed to be weak to blue can do the same to a double plated mesmer in like three shots?

Your game balance is irrevocably broken. SHut the servers down already, you have no *** clue how to balance.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Rugerx wrote:

QFT

They know, we said, but I dont know why it isnt changed then.
It should chnaged immediately.

WE need that still Zoom!

Jita wrote:
Rugerx wrote:

QFT

how is any bot supposed to be weak against any other? all weapons deal all damage types and all heavies have resists against all damage types.

and effectively there are just two weapon systems ingame. straight LoS and ballistic LoS.  there are only different flavors in RoF and Dmg per shot.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Jita wrote:
Rugerx wrote:

QFT

how is any bot supposed to be weak against any other? all weapons deal all damage types and all heavies have resists against all damage types.

and effectively there are just two weapon systems ingame. straight LoS and ballistic LoS.  there are only different flavors in RoF and Dmg per shot.

You could say the same for eve though. Minmatar, Gallente and Amarr weapons are exactly the same, different RoF, Range and damage, as well as visuals. Pretty much exactly the same as in Perp. Goes for other MMOs as well btw, all spells are the same, all ranged attacks are the same, all melee attacks are the same.. Kind of a useless argument.

Note that i started playing in 2015, someone said green bots were OP at one point in time and not talking about the ictus.

Khetar wrote:

You could say the same for eve though. Minmatar, Gallente and Amarr weapons are exactly the same, different RoF, Range and damage, as well as visuals. Pretty much exactly the same as in Perp. Goes for other MMOs as well btw, all spells are the same, all ranged attacks are the same, all melee attacks are the same.. Kind of a useless argument.

hmm, i remember eve having different damage types, and no weapon beeing able to deal ALL of them at the same time,
also, i dont remember eve lasers using ammo
in perpetuum, over the time, all the defining difference between the weapon systems, which are the defining differences of the three fraction - got equalized.

Rowboat wrote:

Note that i started playing in 2015, someone said green bots were OP at one point in time and not talking about the ictus.

there where several times when green bots have been op...
hell there was even one time in the game history where YAGELS had been op.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Rowboat wrote:

Green bots were good, now its just beyond imbalance to completely crazy.

So maybe Zoom has not given up on the game, rather, he has not gotten the income he used to get from this game so he had to get a job, the others quit so what if this is just to much for him to handle with a job and on his own? Has anyone thought of that?

Has the game ever been a full time job for any of the devs? I thought it was more of a hobby project smile

Annihilator wrote:
Khetar wrote:

hmm, i remember eve having different damage types, and no weapon beeing able to deal ALL of them at the same time,
also, i dont remember eve lasers using ammo
in perpetuum, over the time, all the defining difference between the weapon systems, which are the defining differences of the three fraction - got equalized.

Amarr uses lenses and they break, if I remember correctly. So basically longer lasting / forever lasting ammo. Besides a skin I don't see a lot of difference, still just a straight shooting gun. But with lights. (different skin again).

I think in Perp everyone who actually plays (;)) uses either the primary weapon ammo of each faction or chemo. Or PvP ammo. So it doesn't really matter, that I could use other faction's damage types, because no one who I faced over the past few days actually did.

ADFormer wrote:

So maybe Zoom has not given up on the game, rather, he has not gotten the income he used to get from this game so he had to get a job, the others quit so what if this is just to much for him to handle with a job and on his own? Has anyone thought of that?

2017-02-16, General Chat wrote:

[20:10:23] <Inda> Night Patch whats happened moved to USA ?
[20:10:47] <Annihilator> zoom always works for perp on thursday nights!
[20:11:06] <DEV Zoom> no, i got a day job, now for reals, not just as a forum gossip smile

Khetar - i think noone beside noobs ever seriously used anything but chemo, single damage or pvp ammo to begin with... simply because the resist combinations in favor for them are rarer then DEV appearances after release.

ultra high Damage modifiers, equalised resists and slow healing -> there are lots of factors comming together. and well, robots with 6 headslots, vs. robots with 3 legslots.

maybe the game would be even better with jitas powercreep balance...

Annihilator wrote:

simply because the resist combinations in favor for them are rarer then DEV appearances after release.

Sick burn

2017-02-16, General Chat wrote:

[20:10:23] <Inda> Night Patch whats happened moved to USA ?
[20:10:47] <Annihilator> zoom always works for perp on thursday nights!
[20:11:06] <DEV Zoom> no, i got a day job, now for reals, not just as a forum gossip smile

I was right!

Wanna make Perp great again?

Get a no non-sense millionaire/thousandaire to buy the franchise (how much can Perp get on the market?) and drain the swamp. 

The Swamp being the current owners/coders.

Otherwise this will remain a part time gig for a couple Hungarians and a few dozen fanbois.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mongolia Jones wrote:

Wanna make Perp great again?

Get a no non-sense millionaire/thousandaire to buy the franchise (how much can Perp get on the market?) and drain the swamp. 

The Swamp being the current owners/coders.

Otherwise this will remain a part time gig for a couple Hungarians and a few dozen fanbois.

Hey Mongolia! Good to see you.

Lets theorycrafting!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

MONGOLIA I MISS YOU!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Actually, all together we can get some money and buy out the game, then develop it as we want and as fast as we can afford, hiring developers or participating personally, whatever

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Actually, all together we can get some money and buy out the game, then develop it as we want and as fast as we can afford, hiring developers or participating personally, whatever

I am in it something like this!!!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I don't have any money, and I'm to young to get a job so I could not participate in this, but also there is the problem does even one of you know how to program? And have an advance enough logic behind programming to understand and work/tweek on a gigantic MMO open world game?

there are plenty developers playing this game including myself. then we always can hire someone (even Zoom lol)

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Didn't peanut offer him a sum of money?

Rowboat wrote:

Didn't peanut offer him a sum of money?

There were a few who did I think, the price for perp was a million dollars if I remember correctly.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.